starting strength gym
Page 2037 of 3021 FirstFirst ... 10371537193719872027203520362037203820392047208721372537 ... LastLast
Results 20,361 to 20,370 of 30208

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    This is what happens when silly bullshit becomes confused with reality: Sri Lanka's Organic Farming Experiment Went Catastrophically Wrong
    Wow. I want to print this article out and hand it to my kids to bring into school.

Is this the Russian Army? Anybody know Russian or Ukrainian?

На Чернігівщині силам тероборони здалися в полон шестеро російських окупантів на чолі з майором - YouTube

Do these Russians know what they are doing? This is the war of the drone and ATM, you don't want to join the Armoured Corps these days.

Азов успішно полює на російські танки у Маріуполі - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    : He agrees with the Western propaganda, and he's going over there to fight for something he thinks is worth dying for.
    I’m not cutting and pasting for points, but this is why I think what he is doing is honorable and not shameful.

“Biden Is as Good a Man as God ever Created” and “He Needs to Go After Anybody and Everybody Who Tries to Prop Up [Putin]” – Lindsey Graham

What in God's name does Lindsey have hidden away down there in Ukraine? The little creep is absolutely beside himself.

Quote Originally Posted by GioFerrante View Post
    I saw this the other week. While I could be wrong since I am new to this space, I think this overview can give one a good starting point and outline/general map on how to start delving deeper for his own personal research. I have also found Martin Armstrong pretty interesting Armstrong Economics
    Many people have interviewed him lately on Rumble and Odyssey to get his opinion on the current crises. YouTube doesn't host the latest interviews of Armstrong, only interviews from a year back or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    If things continue to proceed as now, it is unlikely that the UN and WHO will even exist in 2024
    "From your mouth to God's ears," an old Yiddish colloquial saying, for I hope it happens.

The illusion of evidence based medicine BMJ 2022
    The illusion of evidence based medicine | The BMJ

The advent of evidence based medicine was a paradigm shift intended to provide a solid scientific foundation for medicine. The validity of this new paradigm, however, depends on reliable data from clinical trials, most of which are conducted by the pharmaceutical industry and reported in the names of senior academics. The release into the public domain of previously confidential pharmaceutical industry documents has given the medical community valuable insight into the degree to which industry sponsored clinical trials are misrepresented.1234 Until this problem is corrected, evidence based medicine will remain an illusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
    A lifelong environmentalist, Michael changed his mind about nuclear energy and has helped save enough nuclear reactors to prevent an increase in carbon emissions equivalent to adding more than 10 million cars to the road.
    Maybe 15 years ago, I took an elective class in nuclear energy. The professor was a PhD grad from Yale, and aside from that, an absolutely drop dead gorgeous woman. Needless to say, I paid strict attention to every little thing she said and a few things have always stuck with me:

A soda can of spent nuclear fuel is roughly approximate to 84 train cars of coal in terms of energy production.

Newer reactors have so many safeguards built into them that things like Fukushima and Chernobyl simply can't happen. This is really important, because many people's fears of nuclear power stem from disasters with older reactors. It's like having a fear of flying because you read about a few DC-3 crashes in 1937.

There is concern that with enough solar panels powering the grid, there is a certain amount of reflective energy, put off back into the atmosphere that COULD potentially contribute to actual heating.

With windmills, changing the air flow over terrain can have devastating effects on everything from migratory patterns of birds to the pollination of plants, which can drastically alter entire ecosystems.

Nevermind that solar and wind are only about 10% efficient, meaning that roughly 90% of the energy produced is lost in the conversion process. To be fair, technology upgrades may have changed since then, so these numbers could be a little off.

There is a cost of nuclear fuel. The carbon tracking Nazi's will claim that mining uranium has a CO2 cost and disposal of depleted uranium is, fair enough, an argument to be had. Some people say "shoot it into space," and other say "bury it." It still comes at a much lower cost than many alternative energy sources have to offer.

I also remember reading a book in the class titled, The Power to Save the World. It had a very compelling argument for nuclear energy, and I've been a fan of nuclear energy ever since the class and the book. It's been long enough to where I can remember only tidbits, but I do recall it being a very good book that made me see the not-so-ignorant side of nuclear energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Hitler? Instead of being cryptic, could you please explain what you don't like about anticausal's post?

As I've mentioned before, Barry is here to engage in pilpul and nothing more. He's here to obfuscate, distract, and subvert the focus of the discussion. Ask yourself: has anything he's ever posted actually clarified or furthered the dialogue? Or has it always been a nebulous sidetrack? His intellectual dishonesty is patently obvious, I'm surprised people keep engaging with him as though he's acting in good faith.

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    You could be right.

"Geopolitically we live in what is called a multipolar world. EU Power politician Guy Verhofstadt coined it perfectly in 2009 when he called it an age of empires. On Sept 16, 2019, he stated again that “the world order of tomorrow is not a world based on nation states or countries. It’s a world order that is based on empires.” In his speech he references the US and Russia as empires and that the only way that Europe will be able to defend its interests is by doing it together, in other words within the EU empire." Erika Grey
    If international globohomo institutions start falling apart, the EU “empire” will be the first to go. Not a minute too soon.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    “Biden Is as Good a Man as God ever Created” and “He Needs to Go After Anybody and Everybody Who Tries to Prop Up [Putin]” – Lindsey Graham

What in God's name does Lindsey have hidden away down there in Ukraine? The little creep is absolutely beside himself.
    And yet the people of South Carolina keep sending this old queer back to DC. Why? To get him out of SC, and therefore inflict him on the rest of us? What have we ever done to you, at least recently? Is this revenge for the Gen. Sherman thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Frank_B View Post
    Nevermind that solar and wind are only about 10% efficient, meaning that roughly 90% of the energy produced is lost in the conversion process. To be fair, technology upgrades may have changed since then, so these numbers could be a little off.

There is a cost of nuclear fuel. The carbon tracking Nazi's will claim that mining uranium has a CO2 cost and disposal of depleted uranium is, fair enough, an argument to be had. Some people say "shoot it into space," and other say "bury it." It still comes at a much lower cost than many alternative energy sources have to offer.

I also remember reading a book in the class titled, The Power to Save the World. It had a very compelling argument for nuclear energy, and I've been a fan of nuclear energy ever since the class and the book. It's been long enough to where I can remember only tidbits, but I do recall it being a very good book that made me see the not-so-ignorant side of nuclear energy.
    Any opponent of internal combustion power who also opposes nuclear power cannot be taken seriously as an intelligent adult. Children often want what they cannot have, but adults have had freshman chemistry.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan DCNT View Post
    As I've mentioned before, Barry is here to engage in pilpul and nothing more. He's here to obfuscate, distract, and subvert the focus of the discussion. Ask yourself: has anything he's ever posted actually clarified or furthered the dialogue? Or has it always been a nebulous sidetrack? His intellectual dishonesty is patently obvious, I'm surprised people keep engaging with him as though he's acting in good faith.
    I know Barry, and he is a good man. But reading his posts the past few months I can see why you say this.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank_B View Post
    Maybe 15 years ago, I took an elective class in nuclear energy. The professor was a PhD grad from Yale, and aside from that, an absolutely drop dead gorgeous woman. Needless to say, I paid strict attention to every little thing she said and a few things have always stuck with me:

A soda can of spent nuclear fuel is roughly approximate to 84 train cars of coal in terms of energy production.

Newer reactors have so many safeguards built into them that things like Fukushima and Chernobyl simply can't happen. This is really important, because many people's fears of nuclear power stem from disasters with older reactors. It's like having a fear of flying because you read about a few DC-3 crashes in 1937.

There is concern that with enough solar panels powering the grid, there is a certain amount of reflective energy, put off back into the atmosphere that COULD potentially contribute to actual heating.

With windmills, changing the air flow over terrain can have devastating effects on everything from migratory patterns of birds to the pollination of plants, which can drastically alter entire ecosystems.

Not to go too much into woo woo territory, but there have been some intriguing developments from people independently researching legitimate alternative energy systems, particularly with regard to plasmas. One of the side benefits of the research the SAFIRE Project was doing, and a big selling point for its commercialization, had to do with the mitigation of nuclear energy waste.