COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events - Page 2041

starting strength gym
Page 2041 of 2376 FirstFirst ... 1041154119411991203120392040204120422043205120912141 ... LastLast
Results 20,401 to 20,410 of 23756

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

  1. #20401
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,907

    Default

    • starting strength seminar october 2022
    • starting strength seminar december 2022
    • starting strength seminar february 2023
    Quote Originally Posted by IlPrincipeBrutto View Post
    I am not sure what you mean by 'stronger', but it doesn't matter.
    Imho, the EU is certainly becoming more obedient, and therefore less independent.
    I am not convinced at all that it makes long term sense to burn your bridges with Russia, which is and forever will be your neighbour, in order to satisfy the strategic aims of someone else (that especially includes the UK, a clear winner of this situation, and a country who is paradoxically wielding more influence on the EU now, than when they were a member).IPB
    The fact is the EU now sees that you cannot trust Russia. A common enemy brings the all the reluctants together to form an alliance to beat an aggressive Russian bear. That is why states such as Hungary joined the EU, all under the NATO umbrella for protection. I could be wrong but I believe the EU will become the next world empire eclipsing the US. See what happens to a state when they do not comply with EU policy it's economy is killed. Putin just shot himself in the foot when he decided to take on the EU and NATO.

    And behold another beast, a second, like to a bear, and it raised up itself on one side, and it had three ribs in the mouth of it between the teeth of it: and they said thus unto it, Arise, devour much flesh. (Daniel 7:5) (Sorry Mark, needed that quote)

    A wounded bear with some meat in its mouth is one nasty animal.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    If paying ten times for energy is becoming stronger, then sure, Putin has made the EU super strong.
    Well that it what you get for relying on others for your energy supply rather than using coal for your energy. If you folk want to run your country on solar and wind you will have to pay a subsidy to keep them afloat.

    Now here is a reason for Russian failures on the ground, tires, lack of maintenance and wooden truck frames.

    Damage to Russian equipment raises questions about its military effectiveness - YouTube

  2. #20402
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    Artfully crafted? Man, you have to go out of your way to avoid dissenting opinions to actually believe this shit. I watched Nancy Pelosi tell a group of tiktok idiots that the nation debt is actually lowered by increased government spending. No explanation was offered, none was sought. I'm not that smart a person, and just listening to these people talk in the absence of more intellectual dissent I can tell they are full of shit. It's as clear as air.

    One of the biggest mistakes I have made in the past is thinking too much of people.
    Most people respond to simple psychological and emotional cues.
    It is extremely Orwellian, but effective.

    Sometimes the strategy is to tell obvious lies to test the limits of their power or to demoralize.

    How many of us supported the war in Iraq, while at the same time watching in uncomfortable silence as millions of military age jihadi men flooded western countries?
    How many went along with or ignored the Patriot Act and the TSA, while at the same time decrying the evils of authoritarianism and stereotyping?
    How many ever question the underpinnings of our Federal Reserve and public Ponzi markets, despite the fact that we have regular market crashes, which miraculously generate extraordinary wealth for a small, select group of cosmopolitan financiers?

    I cannot begrudge those who are fooled, I can only counter the propaganda with a truth stronger than the lies.

  3. #20403
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    78

    Default

    The mask mandate has been dropped in our state but people will still wear it. I see secretaries at work wearing masks while sitting alone in their little cubicles with nobody around. The other day the boss made a rare office appearance (people are still working from home even though it's not required anymore) and he passed me in the hall. He was wearing a blue N95 mask and although I wasn't able to get a good look, I think it may have actually been a Ukraine flag mask. The overwhelming douche chills and cringe that went through my body upon seeing that can't be put into words. Of course I wasn't wearing a mask when I passed him and somehow I'm still alive. Amazing.

  4. #20404
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zft View Post
    If you prepend 12ft Ladder to the url, you can get around most paywalls:

    12ft |

    Bypass-paywalls also works very well: GitHub - iamadamdev/bypass-paywalls-chrome: Bypass Paywalls web browser extension for Chrome and Firefox.
    Are you not infringing intellectual properly law? Epoch Times is a drop kick of a publication, but does that mean that some folk would use this method say here on Starting Strength to access premium content? You know about this Mark?

  5. #20405
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,550

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zft View Post
    If you prepend 12ft Ladder to the url, you can get around most paywalls:

    12ft |

    Bypass-paywalls also works very well: GitHub - iamadamdev/bypass-paywalls-chrome: Bypass Paywalls web browser extension for Chrome and Firefox.
    And often “reader mode” in your browser bypasses certain types of paywalls.

  6. #20406
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Logan1 View Post
    My unvaccinated 90 year-old mother-in law was in assisted living and got Covid in 2020. At the time, no outside visitors were allowed under any circumstances. Although I have rarely (never) promise anything that I might not be able to deliver, I assured my wife that she would be able to spend time with her in person and not just looking through a window.

    My first approach would have been for both of us to approach the entrance wearing surgeon's scrubs. (I did this once in order to visit a friend in intensive care who wasn't allowed visitors.) Then, offer the security guard $100 to buy coffee. With luck my wife and perhaps several more dollars, my wife would have been able to get into her mothers room while I stood at the entrance. Ideally, this procedure can be repeated.

    Of course, there is another way to get someone past security. That approach wouldn't have been repeatable and would have cost far more than a few hundred dollars.

    Fortunately, my MIL recovered and my wife was able to visit her several times.
    The fact that a 90 year old woman in assisted living got covid during the peak of the "pandemic", and still survived, should be proof enough that this virus is anything but lethal. I wonder what people say when you tell them that story. There weren't even vaccines in 2020.

  7. #20407
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    I could be wrong but I believe the EU will become the next world empire eclipsing the US. See what happens to a state when they do not comply with EU policy it's economy is killed. Putin just shot himself in the foot when he decided to take on the EU and NATO.
    A while back I read George Friedman's book The Next 100 Years, which detailed various factors that may come into play in determining global hegemony. One of the takeaways was that, historically, the entity that controls the trade routes is the global hegemon. The US, via geography, has border access to the two major global shipping lanes (the Pacific and Atlantic oceans), and due to the size and scale of the US Navy, has enjoyed unchallenged control of the trade routes.

    Contrast that to the EU, which really doesn't even have a naval fleet, and it's hard to imagine them as the next great empire. Add to that the demographic decline and lack of national identity and it's even less likely.

    If anything China is poised to fill that role, however it's just as likely that global hegemony is coming to an end, and we'll see a multilateral split, likely between anglo countries (US, UK, Canada, Aus), the EU, and Russia/China/India/Iran.

  8. #20408
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    1,688

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    The fact is the EU now sees that you cannot trust Russia. A common enemy brings the all the reluctants together to form an alliance to beat an aggressive Russian bear. That is why states such as Hungary joined the EU, all under the NATO umbrella for protection. I could be wrong but I believe the EU will become the next world empire eclipsing the US. See what happens to a state when they do not comply with EU policy it's economy is killed. Putin just shot himself in the foot when he decided to take on the EU and NATO.

    And behold another beast, a second, like to a bear, and it raised up itself on one side, and it had three ribs in the mouth of it between the teeth of it: and they said thus unto it, Arise, devour much flesh. (Daniel 7:5) (Sorry Mark, needed that quote)

    A wounded bear with some meat in its mouth is one nasty animal.



    Well that it what you get for relying on others for your energy supply rather than using coal for your energy. If you folk want to run your country on solar and wind you will have to pay a subsidy to keep them afloat.

    Now here is a reason for Russian failures on the ground, tires, lack of maintenance and wooden truck frames.

    Damage to Russian equipment raises questions about its military effectiveness - YouTube
    I can't really go into details here since it would take too long, but everything you say is the opposite of the truth. This is because you are relying on the mainstream propaganda to guide you in your thinking. Everything you read or watch on TV is a lie wal.

  9. #20409
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Albany, Western Australia
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Good question. Do they really want video of you being dragged away from the side of your dying father on their newscasts?
    Rip, this is Australia. I have seen footage of cops beating the crap out of guys who were in the petrol station trying to buy a mask while not wearing a mask. I've heard stories of firing LRAD sonic devices at protestors. They'll spin it however they want and make me the bad guy. Or they just won't show it on the news.

    Good news is being transferred back a regional hospital yesterday, they let me and my daughter(granddaughter) in. I just had to PPE up and do a test prior. Stupid but no big deal. Now I've been in once and know the layout, it's easy enough to just jump the fence to his room if they get stupid about it.

  10. #20410
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    49,554

    Default

    starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    Are you not infringing intellectual properly law? Epoch Times is a drop kick of a publication, but does that mean that some folk would use this method say here on Starting Strength to access premium content? You know about this Mark?
    If they're worried about it, they will fix it. If the "premium content" is good, they will get subscribers. Like we do.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •