starting strength gym
Page 2046 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 10461546194619962036204420452046204720482056209621462546 ... LastLast
Results 20,451 to 20,460 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post

Barry, I still see people driving down the street in a car by themselves with a mask on. Maybe you mean "every one of us" on this board. But then there is that dumbass from a couple of weeks ago...

?
    Yes I meant everyone of us on the board. Maybe everyone one of us that did the hard work required is more accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    China's total public debt is officially at around 270 percent of GDP. It is likely massively underreported, I would put it at at least 550. However, its external debt (held by foreigners) is less than 20 percent of GDP. I like you wal, you got good instincts, but you are simply terribly disinformed about events in the world. Just stop watching the news, you will notice an immediate improvement in your reasoning abilities.
    That's why I come here. Although I thought that Starting Strength was a website for strength training. Little did I realize that it is a front for the PFFM. (Popular Front For the Misinformed) which includes myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    I don't actually expect skyrocketing food prices, the panic buying is largely a function of the "everybody is going to starve" government psyop, which has been going on since Covid started. What I meant was that crop and energy prices are the main driver of commodity prices overall. China also contributed to further commodity price increases by buying up industrial metals, minerals, coal, everything. Looking back on it, it is quite obvious that all of this was part of a bigger plan. I am going to go slightly Austrian economics here, in that I will say that inflation is a matter of increasing the money supply. QE is not increasing the money supply, but rather a function of keeping government budgets functional in purely accounting terms - meaning governments can pretend to be paying out the debt holders, and the debt holders can pretend to be ironing out their balance sheets. The net effect of QE is deflationary rather than inflationary, as has been shown from the Japanese experiment 20 years ago all the way to the European depressionary decade.

So what these moves by both Russia and China have done was to significantly contribute to CPI increases all over the what we might call first world (pretty much all of the countries that have imposed sanctions on Russia). London School of Economics educated economists call this cost-push inflation, or just inflation, but I will go with the idea that inflation only happens when the money supply increases, and it has been decreasing in the same first world for more than a decade. This combination of a deflationary environment with price increases will lead the populace to consider their governments really hard. I wouldn't be surprised if for instance the French military pulls a coup or Germans pull a Reichstag's fire again if things keep going this way.
    Euro Area Money Supply M1 - February 2022 Data - 1980-2021 Historical - March Forecast
    United States Money Supply M2 - February 2022 Data - 1959-2021 Historical

Looks to me like both the Euro and the USD money supply has been endlessly rising.
    Increase in the supply leads to inflation, always. And I have yet to see these first world countries, if not any country, burn some of the supply for the sake of deflation.
    I'm not fully educated on economics, so mabye I need some simpler explanation.
    This is the definition of QE that I found:

Quantitative easing (QE) is a form of unconventional monetary policy in which a central bank purchases longer-term securities from the open market in order to increase the money supply and encourage lending and investment. Buying these securities adds new money to the economy, and also serves to lower interest rates by bidding up fixed-income securities. It also expands the central bank's balance sheet.

I don't see how this can be deflationary, especially when the economy which is supposed to be stimulated in growth is artifically shut down for months and then slowed down for more than a year.
    What I saw was the printing of trillions of dollars while people stopped working.
    And billions of euros, while people stopped working. And people getting poorer, and businesses failing, and prices rising.
    But even if this wouldn't have happened, and the economy did grow a little bit, it's still inflationary.
    The rate at which central banks increase money supplies and the amount of the increase is far more than the rate of economic growth or population growth, so it will always be inflationary.

What you are saying is that QE is an accounting maneuver to balance sheets while buying up huge quantities of commodities? Which you said creates inflation for those commodities.
    So I still don't see how this environment can be deflationary, or how the money supply could decrease in such an environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
    ---------------
    This is important!
    Preparations for Nuclear War underway! NATO must back down! - YouTube
    -----------------
    I really hope that that is bullshit. I really do.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    Good points.
    It depends where you live; Artificially caused or not, in much of the Middle East and Africa, food prices should skyrocket and will cause massive destabilization.
    We also have to factor in the rising costs and lower exports of fertilizer, which will decrease crop yields.
    Hoarding of food in those countries could also be seen as a preparation for war.
    This depends on whether Russia or China releases its strategic reserves to the Middle East or Africa, which would be the opposite direction of the 2011 era. Hoarding of food and materials seems to me to be a very clear preparation of wartime activities.

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    That's why I come here. Although I thought that Starting Strength was a website for strength training. Little did I realize that it is a front for the PFFM. (Popular Front For the Misinformed) which includes myself.
    Not misinformed, disinformed. You have to stop listening to the official news, they are lying. China has got many weaknesses, but foreign debt is not one of them. There is a certain level of private or pseudo private sector foreign currency indebtedness in the Chinese economy, but best we can tell the CCP has moved to implode those in the past two wears, while consolidating its power over internal affairs. All of these are clear signs of wartime preparation. Every single one of these wartime economy markers on all the sides, be it China, Russia, the US, the Commonwealth, are countless times stronger than the EU one. The idea that the EU will come out of this stronger in any way is simply the opposite of the truth. Europe might be fine after a while, but not the EU. The EU is also largely responsible for everything we have gone through in the past two years, because the major element of the Covid saga has been the European sick and idiotic attempt to supplant the dollar with the euro as the reserve currency.

According to the NYT, the more extreme you are in your beliefs, with the very liberal being the leader, the more likely you are to belief in the government coronavirus propaganda.
    Covid and the ‘Very Liberal’ - The New York Times

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    Jovan's not wrong.

Best thing I've read in several days: National Assisted Suicide | Kunstler

The US has shown, at least, an exorbitant will to antagonize Russia using Ukraine. This, too, is yet more insanity. In Mr. Putin’s early years as head-of-state, Russia asked to join NATO, in Russia’s quest to be treated as a normal European nation after overcoming 75 years of Soviet insanity. Request rebuffed.

Twenty years later, and many instances of antagonism in the meantime, Russia had enough. It is doing something America no longer can do: establishing boundaries. Ukraine will not be used as a platform for further antagonisms. Our response: wreck the global economy starting with the international money system, and possibly bring on a world famine by destroying supply lines for fossil fuels and things made from them, such as fertilizer.

Our country is interested only in dissolving boundaries — geographical, as in our boundary with Mexico, behaviorally, as in the boundary between male and female, psychologically, as in the boundary between reality and fantasy, and existentially, as in being alive or dead. And now Russia, at considerable cost, has to literally teach the USA a lesson in the importance of boundaries. They are going to complete their operation in Ukraine and they’ll likely work-around the “sanctions” heaped on them. Their part of the world these days has all the production, a great many valuable commodities, and most of the world’s population.

Our part of the world seems bent on submitting to self-imposed tyranny and suicide. At least that has been the trend until now. Suddenly information is busting out from all angles penetrating and shattering the dome of unreality we’ve lived under for years. Yes, those vaxxes are killing a lot of people… yes, the Intel Community and the DNC overthrew the previous president… yes, every US Intel bigwig in the land lied to you about Hunter Biden’s laptop… yes, that laptop is crammed with hard evidence of bribery and, arguably, treason involving the current president… yes, the US economy is tanking because we’ve borrowed more money than we can ever pay back and we don’t produce enough stuff of value… and no, Russia is not “losing” in the Ukraine — rather, Russia is showing the commitment and fortitude of a nation interested in self-preservation. You think we might learn something from that?
    And Denninger is hot today. i need to paste the whole thing here, but just read it: No, Zelensky, We Will Not Get Nuked For You in [Market-Ticker-Nad]

Let me remind you, Zelinsky, that you've been in office since being elected in May of 2019. If you had any intention of cleaning up the cesspool of corruption in your nation and actually benefiting your people, who have a per-capita GDP of about $3,700 a year while your "arch-nemesis", Russia, sports about 3x the per-capita economic output, you would have done so by now. Economically your population would be wildly ahead if you simply became part of Russia once again, as you were before. Given that your nation has had more than 20 years to cut the crap yet hasn't done so I can only conclude you like the corruption and don't care if it screws the vast majority of your citizens straight up the ass.

Oh, speaking of corrupt oligarchs and corruption how in the Hell did you get your money, essentially all of which you seem to have acquired since becoming President? You were hardly the Ukraine version of Elon Musk before being elected and it wasn't a small amount either, was it? I understand you have over a billion dollars with something like $35 million of it in a posh Miami-area mansion. True?
    Always remember: Two Sides.

Quote Originally Posted by IlPrincipeBrutto View Post
    Works also the other way round.
    And I would say that the first to break promises and principles was definitely not Russia (think NATO enlargement and NATO intervention in Kosovo).
    The disruption, imho, is that someone thought that breaking promises would indefinitely be without consequences.

IPB
    Can you please cite the specific promises broken by NATO? What treaties and/or formal, documented agreements did NATO break regarding enlargement and Kosovo intervention? Seems to me Putin's Kremlin, and those who sympathize with it, are the ones pushing this revisionist history.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    "And now Russia, at considerable cost, has to literally teach the USA a lesson in the importance of boundaries. They are going to complete their operation in Ukraine and they’ll likely work-around the “sanctions” heaped on them. Their part of the world these days has all the production, a great many valuable commodities, and most of the world’s population."
    "But, but... Putin is a ruthless killer!"

Remember when Trump's military leadership openly mocked him and publicly bragged about how they defied his orders while he was still commander in chief? "Ruthless smack talker" just doesn't seem to cut it at the big boy's table.