starting strength gym
Page 2058 of 3021 FirstFirst ... 10581558195820082048205620572058205920602068210821582558 ... LastLast
Results 20,571 to 20,580 of 30207

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I've told you kids that this is more complicated than your media is portraying. But Putin=bad/Ukraine=good is just so much easier: A response to Arnold Schwarzenegger / Ответ Арнольду Шварценеггеру - YouTube
    A loyal member of the Komsomol.

What would the GRU do without youtube?

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    I have yet to see any substantive, objective arguments or evidence that Putin=bad.
    I will not say Putin=bad to appease the NPCs.

On the other hand, I have seen many honorable, moral actions and words from President Putin.
    He has my respect.

Yngvi, glad you said it, because I feel the same if not stronger, but since I've got a Russian wife and I'm camped out in Russia, most of us here would probably (rightly) question my objectivity.

For this current military operation, I've been trying to analyze my way out of my position, but Google News and traditional Conservative, Inc. (not to mention the pink-haired progressive whackos) have yet to present any analysis or facts on the ground to change this Russophile American's mind.

Many here and elsewhere still qualify their analysis of the military operation in Ukraine with outlandish criticism of Putin. Fine. But I ask you to consider: what analysis of his actions or words, ESPECIALLY through a historical lens, brought you to that conclusion?

IMHO, as I wrote before, best case, these assertations that he's an evil, old school authoritarian all sound like the same old losing Republican playbook: "Love me, MSM and dominant Progressive culture, I denounce [White Supremacists] too!". Or, worse case, it sounds like the pathetic pandering of Democrats to their base, misunderstanding the long-term pleasure that could come from short-term pain, complaing that Republicans, through their policies, want children on the border dead and poor people starving.

Think before you burn bridges to a potential ally, a culture and leader that, like us, has a huge territory, large immigrant population, and predominate White and Christian population, all for some mainstream America boomer brownie points.

Looks like Biden's LNG deal with Europe is not going to do much more then drive up gas prices. From VOA: "US Aid Will Help Europe Replace Russian LNG but Not Pipeline Gas"
    https://www.voanews.com/a/us-aid-wil...-/6502472.html

And yesterday I read a BBC article that predicted that home fuel prices could triple by this fall: Energy bills could reach PS3,000 as oil and gas prices soar - BBC News

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post
    Many here and elsewhere still qualify their analysis of the military operation in Ukraine with outlandish criticism of Putin. Fine. But I ask you to consider: what analysis of his actions or words, ESPECIALLY through a historical lens, brought you to that conclusion?
    Nobody does analysis, are you insane? You can’t really analyze Putin from his words or public appearances, because it is completely clear they he had high level coaching in not actually revealing any emotions. He seems very good at that. He may have even written the manual on it. The best thing you can say is that he is intelligent.

These are truly amazing times. The "Leader of the Free World" and his operatives are risking nuclear war, economic devastation, widespread famine (not hyperbole -- look at fertilizer prices), decimation of the population, and certain political suicide for the purposes of 1.) covering their asses for simple old-fashioned greed and corruption, and 2.) personal hatred of the previous President. This is the behavior of a third-world dictator, like Robert Mugabe, not a President of the United States of America. We are indeed on the way out.

I'm very happy that I don't have kids to raise, that I would have to try to explain this to. Everything you've taught them about how people are supposed to behave has been violated very publicly by these people who are supposed to be "Leadership." How do you explain sociopathy to a 10-year-old?

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    A loyal member of the Komsomol.

What would the GRU do without youtube?
    I guess you're past the point of being able to learn anything new, wal. Everything for you is a matter of Faith, not reason. I suppose it gets you to Heaven, but it makes you hard to talk to.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    Nobody does analysis, are you insane? You can’t really analyze Putin from his words or public appearances, because it is completely clear they he had high level coaching in not actually revealing any emotions. He seems very good at that. He may have even written the manual on it. The best thing you can say is that he is intelligent.

Now you're getting closer, do our leaders think he's an authoritarian abuser of his own people, or do they hate him because he doesn't automatically bow to the international rules-based order, doesn't kowtow to the various globohomo demands, and says impolite things in a very direct way?

I am not insane, most everyone says simply that he is a ruthless dictator and I'm pretty sure that is all people on here are implying when they say he is BAD, even Scott Ritter in that shared podcast pointed out that all of DoS's Russia "experts" claim expertise through having detailed what a ruthless dictator he is. I wouldn't even be surprised if there were some Whypipo hate going on here.

Again, for those who haven't quite gotten it yet, you're like the NPC's here, regurgitating petty propaganda: Putin is just as much of a dictator as Republicans through their policies want South American invader children dead and the American poor starving.

These are truly amazing times. The "Leader of the Free World" and his operatives are risking nuclear war, economic devastation, widespread famine (not hyperbole -- look at fertilizer prices), decimation of the population, and certain political suicide for the purposes of 1.) covering his ass for simple old-fashioned greed and corruption, and 2.) personal hatred of the previous President. This is the behavior of a third-world dictator, like Robert Mugabe, not a President of the United States of America. We are indeed on the way out.

I'm very happy that I don't have kids to raise, that I would have to try to explain this to. Everything you've taught them about how people are supposed to behave has been violated very publicly by these people who are supposed to be "Leadership." How do you explain sociopathy to a 10-year-old?

I guess you're past the point of being able to learn anything new, wal. Everything for you is a matter of Faith, not reason. I suppose it gets you to Heaven, but it makes you hard to talk to.
    Well said.

…How do you explain sociopathy to a 10-year-old?
    “Imagine your 3-year old little brother with infinite power.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    I think you can say better than that. The best you can say is that he's saying things that are more aligned with truth than what Western politicians are saying right now. There are certainly many layers of hidden motives, and there might even be a risk he's working with the globalists as a heel (I suspect Trump might have been working as a heel as well). But even if so, allowing your "bad cop" to speak the truth runs its risks.

starting strength coach development program
    And here is their plan for a political bailout:

Legal weed: Marijuana legalization bill nears House floor vote next week | TheHill

Student loan forgiveness: AOC: Biden Faces ‘Collapse’ of Support From Key Democrat Voters – PJ Media

Money for gas: Should Government Send Out Gas Price Stimulus Checks?

They KNOW we are stupid. We showed them.