starting strength gym
Page 2066 of 3021 FirstFirst ... 10661566196620162056206420652066206720682076211621662566 ... LastLast
Results 20,651 to 20,660 of 30206

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    …Danes are really Swedes.
    Barney Stroustrup is not really a Swede, is he?

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    Please film your experiences as a foreign mercenary in Ukraine, then report back to us.
    I have enjoyed the footage I have seen so far.
    Remember to wear your Batman cape and dog tags.
    This post is comedic gold.

This is an interesting analysis. Seems a lot of Russians think Putin is being too soft. Feels very Trumpian.

Second, there is a true panic going through the Russian society. It is due to the talk happening in Turkey between Russians and the Ukronazis. This is a sore point with most Russians because in Russian history there have been plenty of examples of Russian diplomats literally wasting away what was acquired by the blood of Russian soldiers. And just to make it worse, Russians remember the infamous Khasaviurt agreements and the two Minsk Agreements. The notion of a “Minsk 3.0” absolutely horrifies many Russians, including myself. So this begs the question – are these fears founded, yes or no?

I think that they both are and are not founded, let me explain. Here are some of the reasons why these negotiations are creating fear, uncertainty and doubts:

-First, if you want to denazify the Ukraine, why negotiate with Nazis in the first place? Does the concept of “denazification” not imply regime change in Kiev?
    -Second, what is the notion of dramatically reducing the combat activities around Kiev and Chernigov??? Does that mean that Russia has given up on the notion of liberating these towns?
    -Some of the delegates sent by Russia are rather pathetic looking, like the head of the delegation, Vladimir Medinsky.
    Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    Including our own, as 2020 demonstrated.
    I'm not even exaggerating. They brag about it:

CIA Officer Openly Confesses To Rigging 2020 Election For Joe Biden And Says They Would Do It Again

Did they invite him so that he could just watch?

Madison Cawthorn says DC is orgy-filled, cocaine-fueled

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    Barney Stroustrup is not really a Swede, is he?
    ok, the Danes may have some smart people of their own.

Thanks for sharing anticausal. The original MacGregor clip and the two Scott Ritter clips were pretty effective in getting my cOnSeRvAtIvE friends and family who'd latched onto The Narrativeъ about Russia to start thinking and researching for themselves.

Of course "we" don't have time to throughly research Every Damn New Thing; even well meaning people get sucked in, cuz who but the Professional Protestor class has time to demonstrate against and read about every current event?

So it'd be nice to have some impartial resources not pursuing a narrative to turn to for information - you know, News. I left the States in '15 and did a news fast until the POTUS elections, and it was amazing in '20 to see how even DRUDGE had done a complete 180 to align itself with The Narrative.

Your forum has become something of an impartial news filter, Rip - have you thought of turning this into some sort of news aggregrator? SSN, Starting Strength News - how many of us would subscribe to that? Of course managing the comments section would be a thankless, herculean task! And you might lose much of your following if you started to post on the "social" issues.

I wonder how many of these stories are out there? What is this idiot thinking? That nobody cares now that he's got a bona fide crime family installed in the White House?

__________________________________________________ _________________________

And it doesn't appear that Putin can continue to misbehave indefinitely: Why Russian Technology Is Screwed << Lawrence Person's BattleSwarm Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I wonder how many of these stories are out there? What is this idiot thinking? That nobody cares now that he's got a bona fide crime family installed in the White House?
    I find it similar to that of a killer returning to the crime scene…. or in this case the funeral.

starting strength coach development program
    This is interesting: ‘I was just wherever I could adding queerness’: Christopher Rufo has video from Disney’s all-hands meeting; Updated – twitchy.com

The private sector is certainly capable of professional suicide. When the company is huge, it takes longer.

__________________________________________________ _________________

And this is a damned interesting analysis, in that it's so perfectly obvious that you already know it: How Compulsive Conformity Can Get People Killed

Stanley Milgram later took that study to a new level with his famous “shock machine” experiments. When Adolf Eichmann said he was “just following orders” while on trial for his leading role in the Holocaust, Milgram wondered how often ordinary people would inflict harm if told to do so by an authority figure.

Participants in that experiment were told it was a study about how punishment affected learning. If the “learner” gave an incorrect answer, the “teacher” was supposed to shock him in increments. The learners were actors who could not be seen but, although not really shocked, would scream in “pain” from the next room. The “teacher” was the subject.

Sixty-five percent of the subjects gave the highest voltage shock when asked to “please continue” by the administrator. For more background, watch “The Experimenter,” a 2015 film about Milgram. Other related research includes the Robbers Cave Experiment; Robert J. Lifton’s research on thought reform and totalitarianism; and Margaret Thaler Singer’s research on cults. All illustrate how elites can manipulate our urge to conform.

Everybody needs to learn about the dynamics of conformity. Blatant censorship, hostility to free speech, and campaigns to demonize mainstream American views were all unthinkable scenarios for most Americans just a few years ago.
    Look at some of the links here. Fascinating to look back over the past 2 years and realize that there was nothing we could have done to prevent it.