starting strength gym
Page 2079 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 10791579197920292069207720782079208020812089212921792579 ... LastLast
Results 20,781 to 20,790 of 30039

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by mkm5 View Post
    I don't have any bank accounts or credit so I brought cash.

They would not accept cash from me. I managed to get it done by going to the post office and getting a money order which the bank said they would accept.

WTF?!
    It’s basic anti-money laundering.

The same thing a nagging wife accomplishes. But hey, can you blame them considering how well it worked on Trump? "Firing Fauci would have caused a firestorm on the left" is not really much different than "I just wanted her to shut the hell up".

Quote Originally Posted by mkm5 View Post
    So, I went to JPM Chase Bank to deposit money into my daughter's account ...
    I don't have any bank accounts or credit so I brought cash.

They would not accept cash from me. WTF?!
    Chase Bank stops accepting cash into an account that is not yours" LINK

The change, which was adopted last month, "is being made only to combat misuse of accounts, including money laundering," said Chase spokeswoman Emily Smith.

Chase is the first major bank in the nation to adopt such a policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post
    It’s basic anti-money laundering.
    But the post office didn't even ask for my name or ID or who the money order was for. I just handed over the cash plus $1.25 and got a government certified check.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    While I admire your passion for off the grid living, I can’t reconcile why you would publish financial transactions to strangers on a public forum. I’m rooting for you, but this seems to be not helpful for your cause.
    Yes, but I don't think I'm disclosing much more than my experience with a simple trip to the bank.

After a bunch of posts regarding how free speech is inadequately protected on major social media platforms, which serve as the primary news hub for Americans ("the de Facto town square", as he calls it), Elon Musk buys a 9% share of Twitter. He strikes a deal with Twitter, stating that he cannot purchase more than 14.9% of the company, and in exchange, they will give him a spot on the Board of Directors. He has announced that there will be a lot of revisions to the app in the coming months.

Leftist news media are currently shitting their pants:

Kara Alaimo: Elon Musk gave us disturbing hints of what he’d do on Twitter’s board

I've got to wonder how smart these mainstream propagandists truly are - they definitely seemed woefully unprepared and had no underhanded plan in place for this one, and seem to be simply reacting.

The market for a major Social Media platform that actually protects free speech is wide open, so it's a very smart move by Musk. Share price of Twitter jumped up from $34 to $50 last I checked. It has become increasingly obvious to the masses that social media/tech companies Instagram, Facebook, Tiktok, Twitter, Snapchat, Google, Apple, Yahoo, etc. have shat the bed on this, selling their soul for short term profit. We still have a semblance of a free market, so we will see if a true correction is in order.

From Ace today: Ace of Spades HQ

Laura Wiley Haynes @haynes_wiley

Attn: Democrats!

We are not in reality about "trans kids." I am a CASA (Leftie/ Dem/atheist). I am neck deep in the population who is declaring this ID. And I know too much!

THREAD ON 'trans' kids:

1. It is important to know that as recently as 15 years ago, ALL kids claiming to be in wrong body were given therapeutic support and time, to address the MORE LIKELY issues that often underlie a child feeling miserable/ out of place in their body.

2. 90% of kids given this approach OUTGREW their GD with no meds. 2/3 of them were GAY in adulthood. Rapid 'affirmation' tells youth they *need* hormones and surgery because they *ARE* trans. Given the above, 'affirming' is basically GAY conversion therapy.

3. 80% of trans IDd ALSO have **two or more** mental health disorders, on top of Gender Dysphoria. Common: ASD, PTSD, Depression & Anxiety....& these conditions PRECEDE idea of "being trans." Kids who have these disorders are very unhappy, impulsive & seeking relief. Some are abused and abandoned. Foster youth ID as trans at FIFTEEN TIMES the % of kids at large. This demands we DO NOT reify the presenting 'gender' problem but look at the whole child and their mental health needs prior to labeling them/medicalizing them.

4. "Affirmation" supposes that kids are NEVER Wrong about their 'gender identity.' That's opposite of reality! Kids make mistakes!

5. Affirmation = "You're actually a boy! ok!" = Step 1 in cementing this as 'reality.' Step 2 is puberty blockers, and Step 3 is cross-sex hormones. 1+2+3 = A STERILE child. One who may never orgasm! With ruined physical health! UNJUSTIFIABLE, when 90% **outgrow** this!

6. The suicide fears used to browbeat parents into unquestioning support are LIES. When control group has AS MANY MH DISORDERS as the 'trans ID ' group, the suicide risks are identical. EG the risk is from the depression/PTSD/Trauma history, not the Trans ID. The moment Trans is affirmed, these OTHER issues (which DO cause suicidal thoughts) get IGNORED. They get attributed to 'how hard it is to BE trans.' BS!! This is rank dereliction of duty of care to struggling kids. It is indefensible and negligent.

7. Puberty blockers + cross sex hormones not only sterilize child. They leave boys with micro penis. They often cause girls to need hysterectomies in 20's. Bones do not get stronger, brain development is affected. Cancer and heart risks rise. They need hormones for life.

8. Long term effects are not well-known, but in the countries in Europe who have begun to track them, they have pulled back from medicalizing children due to significant issues, such as osteopenia in 11 year olds!

This is EXPERIMENTAL and UNPROVED Tx! NOT BENIGN!

Democrats: We cannot defend confusing/ sterilizing/ maiming kids who would have outgrown TG if simply supported emotionally. It is indefensible!! We must course correct... Yes, respect and support all kids, WITHOUT diagnosing or reifying transient claimed identities.

"Trans kids rights" must include:
    The right to be protected from impulsive and dumb permanent choices.

The right to appropriate trauma care.

The right to fertility and orgasm in adulthood.

The right not to be wedged away from parents by well-meaning activists

A few added thoughts. I think most people, left and right, have thought about this issue *barely at all*. T was force-teamed with LBG. T has nothing to do with sexual orientation, but by making it "LGBT" many people have assumed it is LIKE sexual orientation and innate. Ppl think, "well, if kid was born that way, if the parents & doctors approve it..." not realizing "affirmation" is dogmatic/immediate/little scrutiny. They think "don't attack kids for being different."

This describes virtually EVERYONE who is not an activist on this issue.

Jessica Rose presentation in today's VRBPAC committee meeting.
    Here is my 3-minute presentation to the VRBPAC committee members, April 6, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Ramus View Post
    Chase Bank stops accepting cash into an account that is not yours" LINK
    Yes. All banks would love to stop accepting cash alltogether because tracking its source to comply with BSA/AML regs is a major headache. Source: I'm the CFO of a bank.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    Like, all the Eastern European nazi vassal states in WWII were primarily driven by extreme nationalist and not racial ideology, and the guys there didn't mind being ruled by foreigners and used as cannon fodder for foreigners, as long as they were able to wage war against another nation they didn't like. They sure as hell didn't view nazis as liberators from bolshevism, and that view does most certainly not persist today. The typical view of Bleiburg is that the commies were pretty effective there, but they only took care of Croatian nazis, not Serbian royalist British crown nazis, which came back to haunt us all big time 80 years later. Which means we will have to deal with those idiots at some point in time. My choice would be to first concentrate on kicking out the German occupation out of Bosnia before we get to the Serbian nazis, but whatever.
    Since I am not Eastern European, I may not understand the mindset of the people who live there and I get conflicting information on the topic depending on which Eastern Europeans I talk to.
    I see things like like the supposedly Nazi party winning 10% of seats in some Ukrainian elections and almost 40% of the vote in some areas and take it to mean the current citizens and their grandparents must have a different view of history and geopolitics than do the Russians and Americans.
    I also found this interesting map:Monuments and streets map - Google My Maps

The largest number of Nazi memorials, statues and place names is in Eastern Europe, followed by India.
    All of the monuments in Eastern Europe have risen in about the past 20 years.
    I believe this would have been illegal to support until the fall of the USSR and still would have been taboo or illegal to some extent after?

I will take your word for how things are over there.