starting strength gym
Page 2083 of 3024 FirstFirst ... 10831583198320332073208120822083208420852093213321832583 ... LastLast
Results 20,821 to 20,830 of 30234

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Because the guy is sunburned? Were it fake, it would have been outed by now.
    Could be that I am reading too much conspiracy material these days.

The federal worker mandate has been reinstated by the 5th circuit, judging that it is legal.

The thing has a life of its own.

This is where you southern Europeans differ from free people. Your premise -- your basic genetic assumption, baked in long before birth, apparently -- is that the subject follows the will of the sovereign, always and without question, because that is what subjects do. That's what subjects are for: blind obedience. It has never occurred to you that the sovereign state (functioning through the hospital) should not have the power to command the individual actions of the subject. Hasn't even crossed your mind. Never mind the fact that there is no reason whatsoever for the man to get the vaccine, as we have spent the last year explaining to you; never mind that the man doesn't have the deadly COVID-19 virus that's already killed everybody it's going to kill, and that the vaccine doesn't prevent him from either getting it or transmitting it to anyone anyway. Never mind the facts, just do as you're told, subject of The Crown, because we said so. You will obey, or your child will die. You will burn a pinch of incense for Caesar. This is a test of the man's will, and the evil bastards testing him need to rot in your christian Hell for eternity for this evil shit. Almost makes me wish I was stupid enough to believe this was possible.

I imagine the guy will bow to the will of the state to save his child's life, since he has no choice. It's interesting that you think this is okay, but it's not surprising, because you are a European. Mizuchi seems to have transcended this limitation. Why not you?
    Do you realize that when someone receives a kidney transplant they will need to be placed on immunosuppressants to reduce the likelihood of rejection? An immunosuppressed person would be at serious risk of complications from COVID as well as increased risk of rejection. Your statement regarding "the virus has already killed everyone it is going to kill" shows a clear lack of understanding regarding this issue on your part.

Medicine is about risk vs. reward. Not being vaccinated increases the risk in this instance. Are you suggesting that we in a free society should force doctors to perform medical procedures without minimizing the risks associated with them? Keep in mind, the state is not the one making the decision in this case, it is the medical community. The family is more than free to find a provider willing to take on the risks. However, they will have a hard time finding someone reputable to perform the procedure as doctors won't open themselves up to medical malpractice lawsuits because a family member won't do what is necessary to reduce the risks if complications do arise because risks weren't minimized. I find it amazing that in a post where you are seemingly ranting about freedom and free societies you never once consider the freedom of the medical community to perform what they deem to be best practice.

In a bit of an unrelated note, I would be curious to hear your stance on the Texas woman who is now charged with murder because she performed a self-abortion due to Texas' new archaic anti-abortion laws (that are being mimicked in several more states). This is in fact a healthcare decision imposed by the state/politicians and not the recommendations of the medical community. I hope you would be equally triggered by the violation of her freedoms as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sainame View Post
    Do you realize that when someone receives a kidney transplant they will need to be placed on immunosuppressants to reduce the likelihood of rejection? An immunosuppressed person would be at serious risk of complications from COVID as well as increased risk of rejection. Your statement regarding "the virus has already killed everyone it is going to kill" shows a clear lack of understanding regarding this issue on your part.
    Are you advocating for the vaccination of the child, or the parents? And I have a much more clear understanding of this issue than you do.

Medicine is about risk vs. reward. Not being vaccinated increases the risk in this instance.
    Medicine is about the money, Doctor. And again, are you advocating for the vaccination of the child, or the parent? And in either case, why? The vaccine neither prevents the disease or it's transmission, which you would know if you were actually familiar with this issue.

Are you suggesting that we in a free society should force doctors to perform medical procedures without minimizing the risks associated with them? Keep in mind, the state is not the one making the decision in this case, it is the medical community.
    We are not living in a free society, as this circumstance demonstrates. And the medical community sucks the cock of the state, and has since 1966. You do what you are told to do, and everybody knows it now.

The family is more than free to find a provider willing to take on the risks. However, they will have a hard time finding someone reputable to perform the procedure as doctors won't open themselves up to medical malpractice lawsuits because a family member won't do what is necessary to reduce the risks if complications do arise because risks weren't minimized.
    Utter and complete bullshit. But please continue to pretend that the facts are not the facts. This board is not the general public. The only risks taken by the medical community are from lawyers.

I find it amazing that in a post where you are seemingly ranting about freedom and free societies you never once consider the freedom of the medical community to perform what they deem to be best practice.
    The medical community has been free to remove the government's cock from their throat for a very long time, but they seem quite comfortable with it there. The medical community's role is to provide advice, and services if the patient decides to follow the advice. In this case, the medical community has taken on the role of enforcer of the state's will. How many old people did you force to die by themselves locked in a room away from their families, Doctor?

In a bit of an unrelated note, I would be curious to hear your stance on the Texas woman who is now charged with murder because she performed a self-abortion due to Texas' new archaic anti-abortion laws (that are being mimicked in several more states). This is in fact a healthcare decision imposed by the state/politicians and not the recommendations of the medical community. I hope you would be equally triggered by the violation of her freedoms as well.
    I'm not familiar with the case. Was she at 7 months? Did she actually miscarry? The State of Texas has a cock too, and lots of people suck it. It appears that you expected me to suck it when it tasted good. I'm not in favor of the state being involved in anything, Doctor.

due to Texas' new archaic anti-abortion law
    This is where mid-wits lose the farm.

No, she did a self abortion because she’s a raging idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizuchi23 View Post
    Rip, you are being too nice to Wal on this.

My 3 year old got covid at daycare last week, she has congenital heart defects and is fine after a night of one vomit and a mild fever. Passed on to myself today being unvaxxed and my wife being double dosed. The daycare lady has so far had the worst response and I believe she's triple dosed. I've got a reasonable headache, runny nose and muscle fatigue and that's it so far.

I had to miss my father's funeral for this (too many people knew the situation, someone would have reported it).

As a Christian and a human being (not always mutually exclusive), I fail to see how anyone can think that refusing a life saving treatment for a slight possibility of a flu is anything but abhorrent. They never forced people to have a flu jab before these things. And the father had the virus already so has a level of immunity mitigating a lot of that risk.

There's not two ways to look at this at all. There's one way and that is the right way, which Wal is not doing.
    What wal is going through is what the muslims call the greater jihad. He is still failing at it, but God is merciful and all knowing.

Are you advocating for the vaccination of the child, or the parents? And I have a much more clear understanding of this issue than you do.

Medicine is about the money, Doctor. And again, are you advocating for the vaccination of the child, or the parent? And in either case, why? The vaccine neither prevents the disease or it's transmission, which you would know if you were actually familiar with this issue.

We are not living in a free society, as this circumstance demonstrates. And the medical community sucks the cock of the state, and has since 1966. You do what you are told to do, and everybody knows it now.

Utter and complete bullshit. But please continue to pretend that the facts are not the facts. This board is not the general public. The only risks taken by the medical community are from lawyers.

The medical community has been free to remove the government's cock from their throat for a very long time, but they seem quite comfortable with it there. The medical community's role is to provide advice, and services if the patient decides to follow the advice. In this case, the medical community has taken on the role of enforcer of the state's will. How many old people did you force to die by themselves locked in a room away from their families, Doctor?

I'm not familiar with the case. Was she at 7 months? Did she actually miscarry? The State of Texas has a cock too, and lots of people suck it. It appears that you expected me to suck it when it tasted good. I'm not in favor of the state being involved in anything, Doctor.
    I am advocating for minimizing the risks or complications for both the donor (father) and the boy receiving a renal transplant. I am also advocating for freedom of the Physician and Cleveland Clinic to perform what they feel is best practice. COVID infections increase the risks associated with the surgery for all participants involved. The Physician should not be obligated to perform a surgery where the risks are unnecessarily increased. This particular family involved is currently doctor shopping (I have read this from other articles) trying to find someone willing to perform the surgery and take on the unnecessary risks. The state is not involved. Let's put this in terms perhaps you will understand. If a trainee comes into your gym and demands that they will not squat, your staff is free to show them the door as that is not the type of training you endorse. If one of your Starting Strength coaches decides that their programming will now consist of leg presses and cable cross overs in place of squats and bench, you would be free to no longer have them represent your brand and show them the door as they would not be performing what you feel is best practice. In these cases the trainee or coach is more than able to seek out others who will comply to their demands, as there is nothing stopping them. If you were to keep your current views/outrage consistent you would be compelled to train this person and keep this coach employed on their terms despite your freedoms being encroached upon regarding what you feel is best practice.

Let me now ask you again, should doctors be forced to perform a surgery without minimizing the risks associated with it simply because of the demands (freedoms) of the individual asking? If so, wouldn't their individual rights also be infringed on? If the state forced them to comply with these demands of the patient, the state would certainly have to be involved (which it appears as though you are against).

As for the Texas woman, I am not 100% certain on the timeline of the abortion. Most articles make it sound like it was within 6 weeks, but I know nothing definitive. What I do know is that she went into a clinic after a miscarriage, divulged some information to the staff regarding the self-abortion (sounds like it should be a HIPPA violation), and was arrested under the new Texas guidelines regarding their moronic abortion laws they just enacted. If you are against the state being involved, I hope that this does in fact make you outraged as well.

Jovan,
    It appears Macron is loosing a lot of support and it does look like Le Pen is gaining ground. What's your thoughts on Le Pens relationship with the WEF?

starting strength coach development program
    due to Texas' new archaic anti-abortion law
    Quote Originally Posted by johnst_nhb View Post
    This is where mid-wits lose the farm.

No, she did a self abortion because she’s a raging idiot.
    What are the abortion laws in the enlightened countries of Europe? How about Colorado?