starting strength gym
Page 2094 of 3021 FirstFirst ... 10941594199420442084209220932094209520962104214421942594 ... LastLast
Results 20,931 to 20,940 of 30208

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by GioFerrante View Post
    Man, how the fuck did we end up here? In the West for fucks sake.
    To quote anticausal, lack of intolerance, specifically towards narcissists. We became soft, mostly through the implementation of soft language, through marketing and mainstream media, and the education system promoting dumber and dumber people.
    1971 was the year that changed things, I believe.
    WTF Happened In 1971?
    Money runs everything. And from that year, money officially became worthless. People started thinking in shorter and shorter terms when it came to spending or saving money, because fiat is ALWAYS losing value, so why keep it? And central banks are ALWAYS printing new money, and most people don't even know what inflation is on a basic level, so why bother saving it when the government just gives you a bunch of money for free?

This is what's ruining everything.
    There's more dumb and useless people out there than ever before. They're weak, they're testosteroneless, they're sad and unsatisfied, they are drugged and under constant delusion. The quality has been lowering for at least the last 40 years, as it has for the money we use.
    There is no incentive to be strong or clever in our society, nor to be kind or reasonable or have actual social skills.
    Only narcissistic assholes make it into government jobs and positions of power, because only a narcissist would have the balls to think they have any right to control people and tell them what to do, and find pleasure in it. And this sickness has reached the lower parts of society as well, thanks to masks and vax passport giving every store clerk their 15 minutes of fame and every cop one more reason to harass civilians.
    The panic and control strategy has been going on since the Nixon era (war on drugs, cold war, terrorism, both external and internal, especially in Italy, pandemics, currency wars that led to the Euro, and so on) and it transformed the western society into a freak show, and we all didn't notice until 2 years ago, I guess.

$5.11 average in March 2022. I'm wondering how much worse it will get. Is there any chance we've about reached the peak of price inflation?

Probably not, since they refuse to take advantage of oil or nuclear power around here.

Here in the People's Republic of CA, Newsome has scheduled the shut down of the last active nuclear power plant by 2025:

Why is California closing Diablo Canyon nuclear plant?

This will more than likely cause an actual energy emergency. We need Shellenberger to unseat Newsome this November, somehow. Probably wishful thinking, everyone around here seems perfectly content with poverty and crime.
    Forget about poverty and crime, the guy is straight up working with a "rules for thee, and not for me" MO. You can't even argue that he's not. That should disqualify candidates to the electorate at large, and for some reason in California it doesn't.

Also, unlikely we've seen the end of the inflation. Denninger's written about it more extensively than I understand, but essentially the old international trade status quo shielded the US from the inflation that its wildly irresponsible fiscal policies would normally lead to. That status quo is gone after what they did with Russia, and if many more countries follow Russia and start demanding their exports be paid for in their own currency only, there will be a massive inflationary whiplash until our leaders get a lot more responsible with money.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Keep track of the truck-stop price of diesel. It's the precursor to the price of food.
    It's not just diesel, it's also urea. Urea is used for a number of things, foremost as fertilizer and as the main ingredient in DEF (Diesel Exhaust Fluid). Without DEF, new diesel engines will not run. There's been a world shortage for years and is growing worse. Already some areas of the world have seen spikes in retail prices as much as 5 times it's normal price. China has placed restrictions on it's export, as has Russia. The sanctions against Russia have only made the world shortage more acute. So far, the USA has been insulated from the worst of it, as we get much of our urea from Canada. But other countries, now that the Russian source is closed, are turning to Canada and we can expect prices to severely increase. Add to all this, Ukraine is holding their grain hostage to help from the western nations against Russia. Look up wheat, urea, fertilizer and fossil fuel and see how much of the world is dependent on Russian and Ukrainian exports. The Trucker's and Agro industries have been talking about this for years, it's just now starting to get main stream media attention.

Probably wishful thinking, everyone around here seems perfectly content with poverty and crime.
    Because of threats to their workers, the Post Office has stopped delivering mail to one neighborhood in Santa Monica.

Quote Originally Posted by francesco.decaro View Post
    To quote anticausal, lack of intolerance, specifically towards narcissists. We became soft, mostly through the implementation of soft language, through marketing and mainstream media, and the education system promoting dumber and dumber people.
    1971 was the year that changed things, I believe.
    WTF Happened In 1971?
    Money runs everything. And from that year, money officially became worthless. People started thinking in shorter and shorter terms when it came to spending or saving money, because fiat is ALWAYS losing value, so why keep it? And central banks are ALWAYS printing new money, and most people don't even know what inflation is on a basic level, so why bother saving it when the government just gives you a bunch of money for free?

This is what's ruining everything.
    There's more dumb and useless people out there than ever before. They're weak, they're testosteroneless, they're sad and unsatisfied, they are drugged and under constant delusion. The quality has been lowering for at least the last 40 years, as it has for the money we use.
    There is no incentive to be strong or clever in our society, nor to be kind or reasonable or have actual social skills.
    Only narcissistic assholes make it into government jobs and positions of power, because only a narcissist would have the balls to think they have any right to control people and tell them what to do, and find pleasure in it. And this sickness has reached the lower parts of society as well, thanks to masks and vax passport giving every store clerk their 15 minutes of fame and every cop one more reason to harass civilians.
    The panic and control strategy has been going on since the Nixon era (war on drugs, cold war, terrorism, both external and internal, especially in Italy, pandemics, currency wars that led to the Euro, and so on) and it transformed the western society into a freak show, and we all didn't notice until 2 years ago, I guess.
    Yep. I remember my grandfather yelling at the TV set when Nixon announced he was abandoning the gold standard for the petro dollar. It made quite an impression on me at 10 years old. He was fucking pissed off and I had never seen that level of pissedoffness before or since.

I'm not sure how the Salty Cracker is still on YouTube, but check this out before it gets pulled.

During Manhunt The Media Edits Out Skin Color Of Black NYC Shooter - YouTube

If you oppose this, you must be a Putin ally or a white supremacist.

$5.11 average in March 2022. I'm wondering how much worse it will get. Is there any chance we've about reached the peak of price inflation?
    Oil prices will take another big leap up in about 6 months.

Our too big to fail banks this week have published shareholder resolutions demanding an end to financing new fossil fuel development.
    I believe I have seen a similar effort in EU banks.
    I wonder who the big shareholders are in the banks?
    The cartel is making another move against the economy and trying to paint it as a grassroots movement among individuals.

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    Yeah is that so. Would you fight say for the right for a child to live above the rights of the parents to have beliefs that would eventually take the life of their son? Would say lay down your life for your fellow soldier even if it meant your life is forfeit? Would say run into a burning building and save a trapped child about to be burnt to death knowing you may not come out alive, would you put your right to live above others? Life is full of "weak arsed pussified bullshit". Would you fight to the death?
    I am confused as to why you ask these things. Is there nothing so important to you you'd not put your life on the line for it? Have you seriously made it to a ripe age and never had to put yourself on the line for something you valued? I mean, obviously the goal is to make the enemy die for it. So a better question is what I'd kill for. Either way, there's no point to cowardice. Yeah, I'd rather die on my feet taking a stand on something deeply important to me than live on my knees. But I may not be a good person to ask because everything I had any fear of has already happened to me. Maybe these are questions for the comfortable and harmless who have never had to decide where the line is on what they'd be willing to die for.

Obviously, I view the father in this case as superstitious. But that isn't my call. To him, his stand is important to his soul, his beliefs, his character. What right does anyone have to trample that? Isn't the freedom to think that way part of what this country was founded on? Especially as the facts in this particular instance don't support taking that away. In reality the vax is no real guarantee so we aren't even arguing anything more than the father's right to disagree with a policy that isn't even effective. Which makes me wonder yet again why you try to characterize it in the way you have and exactly why you seem to be on board with a child suffering for the decisions of the parents? "Just give in and admit the emperor has a pretty new set of threads so we don't murder your boy" is an odd hill to plant your fucks to give on.

Quote Originally Posted by mkm5 View Post
    I do have a new batch of conspiracy theories brewing, if anyone is interested in hearing them...

Mike
    *raises hand* I'd like to at least hear you out.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Boggs View Post
    Because of threats to their workers, the Post Office has stopped delivering mail to one neighborhood in Santa Monica.
    Idk, my dude, I tend to think this says more about post office work ethic than neighborhood crime rates.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Sainame View Post
    Let me walk you through this, but it's not really that complicated. The surgeon performs a surgery without taking all necessary measures to reduce negative outcomes (i.e. post operative complications). By not performing these measures the patient experiences post operative complications including but not limited to death. The surgeon then goes in front of a medical review committee explaining why these measures were not taken, placing his medical license and livelihood at risk. Now may I ask you, why should the surgeon take this risk? It is also possible that the surgeon simply wants to perform what he feels is best practice, not not feel compelled to comply to any demand a patient makes.
    Yes that’s the problem, nail right on the head. A license board holding a career at risk over a fanciful scenario that is based on the decisions of the Patient.
    Also if “risk” is the issue. Compared to what? What is the risk of not doing the surgery?

Quote Originally Posted by Sainame View Post
    They are not enforcing "compliance", they are enforcing what they deem to be
    “What they deem to be” says it all really.
    The reason people are seemingly so angry about this situation is most likely because it represents what everyone here has experienced and hated. The class of people telling you what to do because they know best and you don’t. Call them what you will; the Managerial class, the zoom virtuals, the elites, the one’s that think they are better than you and will force compliance and remove anyone who disagrees so they can point to “a consensus”

Quote Originally Posted by mkm5 View Post
    I do have a new batch of conspiracy theories brewing, if anyone is interested in hearing them...
    Fire away let’s hear them

It's not just diesel, it's also urea. Urea is used for a number of things, foremost as fertilizer and as the main ingredient in DEF (Diesel Exhaust Fluid). Without DEF, new diesel engines will not run. There's been a world shortage for years and is growing worse. Already some areas of the world have seen spikes in retail prices as much as 5 times it's normal price. China has placed restrictions on it's export, as has Russia. The sanctions against Russia have only made the world shortage more acute. So far, the USA has been insulated from the worst of it, as we get much of our urea from Canada. But other countries, now that the Russian source is closed, are turning to Canada and we can expect prices to severely increase. Add to all this, Ukraine is holding their grain hostage to help from the western nations against Russia. Look up wheat, urea, fertilizer and fossil fuel and see how much of the world is dependent on Russian and Ukrainian exports. The Trucker's and Agro industries have been talking about this for years, it's just now starting to get main stream media attention.
    We almost run out here in Aus a month or two back, was even in the news briefly for a while, mainly because truckers said they’d be unable to drive soon. I think it got to a week or two reserve supplies.

The beginnings of “white flight” which as Thomas Sowell has pointed out, there’s a hell of a lot of black families that left Detroit at the same time.