starting strength gym
Page 2095 of 3020 FirstFirst ... 10951595199520452085209320942095209620972105214521952595 ... LastLast
Results 20,941 to 20,950 of 30197

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post
    Reminds me of when my Russian pal Sasha, a fervent Russian Orthodox believer, explained to me that, yes, he knows about the split of The Church, and it went like this: (both arms pointing up together) there was the correct path, the true one, and then (one hand jolts off to the side) there was the alternate path the Catholics took.
    In Russia you have the Russian Orthodox and then you have the RC Church that wants to rule the world. You have a look at the Russian President's personal flag or standard that you see from time to time behind Putin. There you have the Rider on the White horse slaying the dragon and then you have the two eagles and the scepter of rule and the golden orb with a cross on top signifying conquering of the world.

"And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer. (Revelation of John 6:2)

Putin is another "leader" that wants to conquer the world. Since Biden has dropped the ball somewhat Putin's twin eagles trump the US's single eagle.

As for me, to answer Mark's question, I was baptized as a baby in the Presbyterian Church, this is on my baptismal certificate, but I belong to no denomination or "sect", what you see is what you get. If you have to put a label on me then I belong to the N.S.B.F (No Silly Bullshit Fraternity) of which Rippetoe is the head guru.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post
    Travel to a second-world country where vaccination isn't required for the surgery and BOOM problem saved.

If said second-world country is in Eastern Europe quite a few other "problems" get instantly resolved as well.

Hell even a rhird-world country, esp. if you work remotely or can receive your retirement payments electronically already, would probably at this point be a step up.
    I have been to those third world places and hospitals, yep they would perform that operation no questions asked, but your survival would we perilous when you get a a huge dose of golden staph.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    I think you might be a system pig, too wal. Although you are a lot more complicated and interesting than the rank troll.

And yes, I absolutely do not tolerate the viewpoint of system pigs. That's why I call them system pigs. Tolerance is what got us in this mess. Fuck tolerance. We need a revival of intolerance.
    To be called a "System Pig" is an honor, I accept your assessment, although I would suggest that really I am not that good. You have your tolerances though. You train under the strain of heavy loads to the requirements that Starting Strength imposes on you. If you had no "tolerance" you would have given up ages ago. We all need "tolerance" to withstand the hardship and stress of the training program and more so in this life as we get older. No mate you cannot fuck tolerance, you need it.

"For when I am weak, then am I strong. (II Corinthians 12:10)

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    To be called a "System Pig" is an honor, I accept your assessment, although I would suggest that really I am not that good. You have your tolerances though. You train under the strain of heavy loads to the requirements that Starting Strength imposes on you. If you had no "tolerance" you would have given up ages ago. We all need "tolerance" to withstand the hardship and stress of the training program and more so in this life as we get older. No mate you cannot fuck tolerance, you need it.

"For when I am weak, then am I strong. (II Corinthians 12:10)
    "Akshually..."

Technically right is a poor substitute for right, wal.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    I am confused as to why you ask these things. Is there nothing so important to you you'd not put your life on the line for it? Have you seriously made it to a ripe age and never had to put yourself on the line for something you valued? I mean, obviously the goal is to make the enemy die for it. So a better question is what I'd kill for. Either way, there's no point to cowardice. Yeah, I'd rather die on my feet taking a stand on something deeply important to me than live on my knees. But I may not be a good person to ask because everything I had any fear of has already happened to me. Maybe these are questions for the comfortable and harmless who have never had to decide where the line is on what they'd be willing to die for.

Obviously, I view the father in this case as superstitious. But that isn't my call. To him, his stand is important to his soul, his beliefs, his character. What right does anyone have to trample that? Isn't the freedom to think that way part of what this country was founded on? Especially as the facts in this particular instance don't support taking that away. In reality the vax is no real guarantee so we aren't even arguing anything more than the father's right to disagree with a policy that isn't even effective. Which makes me wonder yet again why you try to characterize it in the way you have and exactly why you seem to be on board with a child suffering for the decisions of the parents? "Just give in and admit the emperor has a pretty new set of threads so we don't murder your boy" is an odd hill to plant your fucks to give on.

*raises hand* I'd like to at least hear you out.

Idk, my dude, I tend to think this says more about post office work ethic than neighborhood crime rates.
    The one that keeps churning in my mind has to do with the DNA testing craze the past 15 years.

I don't understand why anyone would volunteer their genetic code and pay for it, when it might likely just be another alphabet agency collecting data on We The People.

The conspiracy theory?

What if they're developing viruses or other contaminants that target people with a particular genetic code for depopulation? Bio warfare under the guide of a pandemic outbreak?

I guess we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    If you oppose this, you must be a Putin ally or a white supremacist.

Oil prices will take another big leap up in about 6 months.

Our too big to fail banks this week have published shareholder resolutions demanding an end to financing new fossil fuel development.
    I believe I have seen a similar effort in EU banks.
    I wonder who the big shareholders are in the banks?
    The cartel is making another move against the economy and trying to paint it as a grassroots movement among individuals.
    It's the Fed and the WEF, we're fucked.

I am confused as to why you ask these things.
    No need to be confused. I ask you again. Would you fight say for the right for a child to live above the rights of the parents to have beliefs that would eventually take the life of their son? Just a simple yes or no is sufficient.

So a better question is what I'd kill for.
    Since you asked, what would you kill for?

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    "Akshually..."

Technically right is a poor substitute for right, wal.
    No, AC, you cannot get out of it that easily. I am right or wrong? Do you need tolerance or not? I can handle a negative answer, I have been married for over 40 years.

The "not a terrorist" in NY today seems to have conveniently left his credit card at the scene of the crime.
    How polite of him.

No need to be confused. I ask you again. Would you fight say for the right for a child to live above the rights of the parents to have beliefs that would eventually take the life of their son? Just a simple yes or no is sufficient.
    The beliefs themselves are not the thing responsible for (potentially) taking the life. What you present is a false choice based in the paradigm they want us to accept as truth.

I get why you are presenting the question as you do. I don't get why you seem to have genuinely bought into that false choice. I don't get why you don't see that this is a problem wholly created by gatekeepers seeking to get full compliance. (Compliance will be rewarded.) They are trying to keep the kid from catching Covid post op. But they can't make that happen with the vax as it is. It's a made up issue. The scenario you present does not exist.

Since you asked, what would you kill for?
    I don't know how long that list is (which is why it's a good question) but I know those I love are on it. I'm pretty sure my personal freedom is on it.

Quote Originally Posted by mkm5
    The one that keeps churning in my mind has to do with the DNA testing craze the past 15 years.

I don't understand why anyone would volunteer their genetic code and pay for it, when it might likely just be another alphabet agency collecting data on We The People.

The conspiracy theory?

What if they're developing viruses or other contaminants that target people with a particular genetic code for depopulation? Bio warfare under the guide of a pandemic outbreak?

I guess we'll see.
    Not bad. They could do a lot with that data.

Are you advocating that the parents should be required to give up a kidney to save their child? How about everyone with two healthy kidneys should give one up? How about everyone with a spare room take in a person experiencing homelessness? If only we weren’t so selfish all of society’s problems would be solved. Is that your position?

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    The "not a terrorist" in NY today seems to have conveniently left his credit card at the scene of the crime.
    How polite of him.
    I caught that as well. WTF?? "Not a terrorist." This is some dystopian shit playing out right now.

Critical question: Can a black man be a terrorist?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by mkm5 View Post
    I caught that as well. WTF?? "Not a terrorist." This is some dystopian shit playing out right now.
    We'll not mention that "passport" found by the feds at ground zero 9/11...