starting strength gym
Page 2101 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 11011601200120512091209921002101210221032111215122012601 ... LastLast
Results 21,001 to 21,010 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    So, what do we think about Elon?
    I think he's smart in the right way. I think he's adaptable. More than anything, I think he has seen the writing on the wall, and is leveraging his assets accordingly. I don't know his deepest of intentions, but his actions so far have been in opposition to the enemies of free men and women.

Anyone, regardless of their means, should start doing the same in whatever area of operations they find themselves in. They're failing.

Advance.

If it weren't for his climate mania...

I like people who make others uncomfortable, it seems people are uncomfortable with Elon buying 100% of twitter. That makes him alright to me.

Elon is like me but with more money and a different accent.

He'll do whatever he wants to do and in the way he wants to do it. I would do the same, he's just got the money and influence to actually do it.

Hopefully he doesn't get permanently removed from the board anytime soon. I don't think others in power like loose cannons who I'd say can't be bought off.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    Conquest and the mass movement of people are essentially the same thing, with the amount of resistance being the differentiating factor.

That’s a broad use of the qualifier “essentially”:

E.g. Dying in your bed at 92 surrounded by generations of loving family is “essentially” the same as being eaten by a bear alone in the woods at 20.

E.g Squatting is “essentially” the same thing as ballet.

If one compares for example the Mongol siege of Baghdad, with the arrival of Irish immigrants on the East Coast of the US during the famine, I would say calling them “essentially the same thing” is essentially a poor analysis, and a questionable assumption upon which to base one’s worldview.

Denninger on ivermectin and cancer: A Working Hypothesis You Will NOT Like in [Market-Ticker-Nad]

So the question rapidly becomes this: Is this drug, taken once in a while, exerting a downward regulatory pressure on cancer development such as to reduce the incidence of that out-of-control spiral -- and if so how does the benefit of that downward pressure compare with any potential negative long-term side effects?

We're not talking about taking this stuff all the time; they don't do that in Africa. Instead it is an every-few-months prophylaxis that is intended to nip any latent parasitic infections in the bud before they turn into medical disasters.

Again: Is that why none of those 31 nations are in the top 50 for cancer?

We don't know -- and the reason we don't know is that we haven't looked.
    Wonder why we haven't looked? Might it have something to do with the money? Ah, such bitter cynicism we have learned over the past 2 years.

If you look at the US Medical System through the lens of rape the people for as much money as you can get as its first, foremost and in fact at the managerial level the only goal, with all other outcomes secondary (and, by the way, how else can you look at it given what you've seen in the last two years with deliberate refusal to prescribe and use anything until you're choking to death) then the wild-eyed, rabid attack on Ivermectin in the context of Covid-19 makes perfect sense.

And before you try to claim that's not the overwhelming and only goal then defend the fact that Remdesivir, which was found worthless in a large international trial was the largest single drug expenditure in US hospitals in all of 2021. Oh, it has a record of killing people by destroying their kidneys as well, a record we knew prior to Covid because it was tried against Ebola and failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rashad View Post

E.g. Dying in your bed at 92 surrounded by generations of loving family is “essentially” the same as being eaten by a bear alone in the woods at 20.

If one compares for example the Mongol siege of Baghdad, with the arrival of Irish immigrants on the East Coast of the US during the famine, I would say calling them “essentially the same thing” is essentially a poor analysis, and a questionable assumption upon which to base one’s worldview.
    Why did you choose Irish immigrants for your metaphor? Everyone is talking about the unfettered open immigration policies from *highly dissimilar* cultures and nations, but you didn't choose one of those for your comparison.

That's highly disingenuous; an immediate signal of the weaknesses of whatever coming arguments you choose to make.

Gen-X Techno Trump. An apostate of his social class, doing things that piss off all the right people. Probably not someone to put much hope in, but fun to watch nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Rashad View Post

You are exaggerating to an absurd degree. The differentiating factor is the violence, which I made clear. It's a very dramatic difference, but the receiving culture is altered beyond recognition in both cases (unless the war was not one of conquest). The number of people moved and displaced is what causes this, not the violence itself. If something got you just as strong as squatting with a barbel on your back, it would be "essentially the same" in the sense I describe. It's a bad analogy because nothing does. A better analogy: a harvest lost to fire and a harvest lost to laziness and neglect are essentially the same: you get no harvest.

The mass migration of Europeans to the US in the 19th and 20th centuries had dramatic, nation altering consequences. There almost surely would have never been a 1965 immigration act without the social chaos it caused. The original American nation was subjugated in the process (and are only now waking up to the fact), just like in war. Americans didn't just vote away all their values. People with different values moved here and did. If only founding stock Americans voted, the entire map of the US would not only be "red", it would be so fundamentally different that 99% of Republicans would have to flee for their lives.

Full disclaimer: I would not be here without the 1965 immigration act, but I call them like I see them.

starting strength coach development program
    Denninger on ivermectin and cancer: A Working Hypothesis You Will NOT Like in [Market-Ticker-Nad]

Wonder why we haven't looked? Might it have something to do with the money? Ah, such bitter cynicism we have learned over the past 2 years.
    NAC also has many studies discussing potential anti cancer properties. Probably why the powers that be want to make it prescription only.
    Recently I fell down the vitamin C rabbit hole ranging from Linus Paulings work to a more recent covid 19 hero Dr Paul Marik and his work on sepsis. Dr. Paul Marik: Potential Cure for Sepsis - Hope For HS
    Vitamin C is another SAFE tool for the toolkit that is beneficial for many ailments that would probably undermine many of pharmas more lucrative patents.