starting strength gym
Page 2107 of 3018 FirstFirst ... 11071607200720572097210521062107210821092117215722072607 ... LastLast
Results 21,061 to 21,070 of 30180

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    I am not very well versed in Russian history, but I think that the pogroms in the old Russian Empire were largely concentrated on what is now Ukraine and Poland.
    Is that not now what Putin is doing in Ukraine if you keep to the strict meaning of "pogrom" not specially of Jews, but of their brother Skavs, not perpetrated by militias, but the Federation of Russia with the blessing of Patriarch Kirill? If you are familiar with Russian history you would have noticed that the old standard that is now used as the presidential flag goes way back before it was banned by the Bolsheviks is now the preferred standard for the Russian President and that being St George on the horse slaying the dragon with the eagles holding the the orb with a cross on top. Putin the the destroyer of evil in the name of the Russian Orthodox Church. Of course if Ukraine loses there goes the Ukrainian Orthodoxy.

I thought that Putin was after the oil and gas and to stop the Ukrainians from doing deals the US petroleum industry, perhaps it is more of a religious pogrom.

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    Is that not now what Putin is doing in Ukraine if you keep to the strict meaning of "pogrom" not specially of Jews, but of their brother Skavs, not perpetrated by militias, but the Federation of Russia with the blessing of Patriarch Kirill? If you are familiar with Russian history you would have noticed that the old standard that is now used as the presidential flag goes way back before it was banned by the Bolsheviks is now the preferred standard for the Russian President and that being St George on the horse slaying the dragon with the eagles holding the the orb with a cross on top. Putin the the destroyer of evil in the name of the Russian Orthodox Church. Of course if Ukraine loses there goes the Ukrainian Orthodoxy.

I thought that Putin was after the oil and gas and to stop the Ukrainians from doing deals the US petroleum industry, perhaps it is more of a religious pogrom.
    Yes, but the spirit of Charlemagne will rise out of the ashes and reinstitute the Fourth Reich, so we don't have to worry, do we?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Europe is only "green" when it is convenient. Any country can be "green" as long as they have plenty of fossil fuels to back it up. Europeans love the idea that their homes are run by wind and solar, but when things go dark and cold there is nothing like coal, NG and nuclear.

"How the EU manages to navigate their farcical claims of "green energy" while attempting to get off Russian gas supplies and at the same time manages to both keep their crop production levels up and their social deficit spending patterns is going to be fun to watch. I don't think it can be done"

The Fascinating Self-Immolation Of Europe in [Market-Ticker]

Natural gas which the colder parts of Europe needs in winter is going to source its natural gas supplies from Israel via the EastMed pipeline which will bypass Russian gas. Putin's actions have enabled this alternate supply of gas to continue through Turkey then into Europe. I wonder if Biden will decide to support the EastMed pipeline again which Trump initially supported.?

This is true. Capitalists would easily take this deal. They're shitting themselves not knowing what to do. I wonder what will become of this situation.

So, we had a nice gathering at the old 1880s family farmhouse today. My 86 year old aunt hosted the party, and my 96 year old aunt was drinking some wine and having a great time. We reminisced about the good old days and visited the horses in the old barn. It's still cold and snowing here again.

Anyway, after a few hours of family chatter, the gloves came off and I was surprised that everyone there was capable of independent critical thinking.

Holee shit, we ranted about everything that is going wrong with this country and the world for another three hours. What really struck me is how the silence of the past two years was broken and the women were exceptionally pissed off.

And here I thought I was alone with my way of thinking...

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    Yes, but the spirit of Charlemagne will rise out of the ashes and reinstitute the Fourth Reich, so we don't have to worry, do we?
    Charles the great, designated Emperor of the Holy Roman Empire by the then Pope of the RC church. It is amazing what some men will do in the name of religion, wonderful things and horrible things. If you see some iconography of Charlemagne you will see him holding the sword and the orb with the cross on top. Same orb that is on the Russian Presidents flag.

Iconography of Charlemagne - Wikipedia

Trying to keep this as secular as possible to comply with Mark's request is difficult. Do you know where the 1000 year Reich comes from? It come from church history from the 1000 year millennium under the rule of Christ. The Roman Church has been trying for centuries to start this where the Pope is the ultimate ruler, however to appear to the masses as a benign and benevolent loving "Christian" church uses these secular rulers to enable them to dominate the world as did the Roman Empire under the rule of Constantine. His vision was a cross above the orb of the sun, in this sign conquer. So eventually the Europeans will find the leader they want once again to dominate not only Europe but also the world. It will not be Putin as he has expended his time.

The Holy Roman Church's standard.

Holy Roman Empire - Wikipedia

Quote Originally Posted by mkm5 View Post
    Anyway, after a few hours of family chatter, the gloves came off and I was surprised that everyone there was capable of independent critical thinking.

Holee shit, we ranted about everything that is going wrong with this country and the world for another three hours. What really struck me is how the silence of the past two years was broken and the women were exceptionally pissed off.

Very cool. I got the beer next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Very cool. I got the beer next time.
    Sounds great Coach. You'd fit right in with this lot!

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by mkm5 View Post
    So, we had a nice gathering at the old 1880s family farmhouse today. My 86 year old aunt hosted the party, and my 96 year old aunt was drinking some wine and having a great time. We reminisced about the good old days and visited the horses in the old barn. It's still cold and snowing here again.

This is why "covid restrictions" limited gatherings of people in the home.