starting strength gym
Page 2119 of 3020 FirstFirst ... 11191619201920692109211721182119212021212129216922192619 ... LastLast
Results 21,181 to 21,190 of 30199

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by moose365 View Post
    Define "children."

Quote Originally Posted by mkm5 View Post
    Maybe if we can figure out what the hell is going on in Shanghai and why, we might be able to see what's in store for the rest of the world?

It seems like a big part of the plan is to break people down to the point where any further resistance is futile. They must be up to some really nefarious shit.
    What makes you think that whatever is going on in Shanghai has anything to do with a plan for the rest of the world? Who is the “they” here?

Seems to me that if you shut down shipping out of Shanghai, with the rest of the world dependent on Chinese manufacturing you create supply shortages. There are probably people who know what shortages to create.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post
    Bless you, Jovan; you've got a lot of patience. This is essentially about the "Military Math" Ritter discusses in that video I posted, but with your concrete (and even personal!) examples of how such typical-civilian-casuality math was reached.
    I hold to the hope that some people getting brainwashed by the crime syndicate might be saved on this one, which is still completely impossibru with Covid.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    You have CNN shoved so far up your ass that it's coming out of your mouth.
    Are you stating that we currently have accurate numbers in regards to the number of casualties as a result of this war? Also, there was a reason that I used that specific phrase if that was what you were getting at.
    It was literally the exact phrasing used by the poster I was responding to. It was strange that he was essentially shrugging his shoulders after admitting to the "shelling of civilian targets". Eh, no big deal, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    Perhaps I was unclear. When I said "We are talking about a war...", I meant the war in Bosnia. I don't want to bore you with this war specifically, but in Bosnia you had things like the siege of Sarajevo, which went on for almost five years, and which included daily shelling of civilian targets with more than 3000 rounds of artillery daily shelling hospitals and marketplaces, broken supply lines, snipers shooting at civilians going to get water and shit like that, and you had only (see how sad I am about the low body count here) 14.000 casualties. Or to be more recent, the conflict in the Donbass has been going on for eight years and includes constant attacking of civilian targets. The UN estimates the number of civilian casualties at close to 3500, the Russians at 14.000. Meet these two estimates in the middle and you still fail to get tens of thousands.

It is simply not possible to kill tens of thousands of people in two months in the kind of warfare that you are seeing in Ukraine. To take another current example, you got Yemen in which the Saudis are bombing the shit of of the whole country from the air. This is a way to kill hundreds of thousands of people, but even there the majority of civilians are dying of hunger and disease and shit like that. I am sorry, I understand you may want your tens of thousands of dead civilians in Ukraine to be true, but the math simply does not work. I find your whole posturing extremely funny, not least because I spent part of my childhood sitting in a basement during bombing campaigns in a city which after a year of bombing looked twice as bad as Mariupol looks now.
    So you are saying that a war that has been fought over a period of many years has a higher number of casualties compared to a year that has been ongoing for a period of 2 months? That was my point regarding it not being an apples to apples comparison when totaling up death counts.

Quote Originally Posted by moose365 View Post
    I thought MVA's were the leading cause of death for children in the US. Does that mean some States in the US do not have compulsory car restraints and seat belt use?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    This is real damned serious, and couple with the drought will mean record prices for wheat very soon.
    You need to consider that the "green folk" among us are wanting to limit the amount of Co2 which if any folk were in school in the 1950's would have learned that Co2 is plant food and that is what makes vegetation grow. We need more Co2 not less. As far as wheat production goes Australia has had record yield in 2021 and as far I understand it cereal crops use Co2, you know the stuff that spews out of coal fired generators.

Climate Change causes largest ever Australian wheat crop << JoNova

Quote Originally Posted by Sainame View Post
    Are you stating that we currently have accurate numbers in regards to the number of casualties as a result of this war? Also, there was a reason that I used that specific phrase if that was what you were getting at.
    It was literally the exact phrasing used by the poster I was responding to. It was strange that he was essentially shrugging his shoulders after admitting to the "shelling of civilian targets". Eh, no big deal, right?

So you are saying that a war that has been fought over a period of many years has a higher number of casualties compared to a year that has been ongoing for a period of 2 months? That was my point regarding it not being an apples to apples comparison when totaling up death counts.
    I'm struggling to understand your position here. You know that the Ukrainians have been shelling their own eastern provinces for years, which are civilian targets. I have said repeatedly that all the numbers are bullshit, and he said "Or to be more recent, the conflict in the Donbass has been going on for eight years and includes constant attacking of civilian targets. The UN estimates the number of civilian casualties at close to 3500, the Russians at 14.000. Meet these two estimates in the middle and you still fail to get tens of thousands." And he was questioning your death numbers. Please summarize your "thoughts" for us, instead of arguing pointlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    I thought MVA's were the leading cause of death for children in the US.
    That's why I asked for a definition. Are "children" defined as 17-year-old gang members in Chicago? Because when most of us think of "children" we think of little kids. The BBC knows this, and writes their propaganda accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sainame View Post
    It was strange that he was essentially shrugging his shoulders after admitting to the "shelling of civilian targets". Eh, no big deal, right?
    I was, and I guess I am, trying to explain to you that there is no way to have tens of thousands of dead civilians without daily shelling of civilian targets for a prolonged period of time. Now, why I am doing this is really unclear to myself at this point, because you do not seem to be very intelligent, so let's go with the tens of thousands of dead Ukranian civilians, why not. We need to get wal to resurrect Charlemagne as the next coming of Jesus in order to stop this I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    What makes you think that whatever is going on in Shanghai has anything to do with a plan for the rest of the world? Who is the “they” here?
    I don't know, I just ask questions without answers trying to find the answers. It's fucking hell to be in this position. Everyone around you either thinks you're crazy, or "knows" you're crazy, just for asking questions about wtf is going on.

starting strength coach development program
    Ok, I've been reading the debate here with the latest guy stuck in the 2-party dialectic, and I don't understand why the focus is not on casualties (including civilian) in US wars? You know, all the wars since the 1960s whose purpose none of us can justify with a straight face?

To all Americans here (including myself), we are responsible for all those deaths. Shut the fuck up about the Russian-Ukraine war. We have invaded countries all over the globe...fucked with their elections, overthrown democratically elected governments, apparently setup bio-weapon labs on the border of Russia...you know, STUPID shit like that. We WANTED Russia to go kinetic. We've been begging for it since at least 2010.

Estimates of casualties just for the "War on Terrorism" range from 400,000 to over 1,000,000. Those Americans here who are pretending to give a shit about war NOW, please shut the fuck up. We elected an anti-War President, but I guess that wasn't important to the majority of the country since "we" impeached him twice and then elected a demented puppet for the ALL the industrial complexes.