starting strength gym
Page 213 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 1131632032112122132142152232633137131213 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,130 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    An employee at Costco would not touch my receipt to check it at the exit. He was wearing gloves and a mask.

Quote Originally Posted by sethiroth95 View Post
    I think it's a shame most parents think that way. But I did expect as much.
    For our part, we're having a serious discussion about it. It has been eye-opening to say the least.....

Quote Originally Posted by sethiroth95 View Post
    I was talking to my mom and the subject of homeschooling came up. Specifically we discussed that many parents are now effectively being forced to home-school their kids due to the schools being shutdown.
    We tossed around the idea that maybe some parents might have a positive change of perspective towards homeschooling; that they might actually decide that they are just as capable (or more capable) of teaching their own kids as the local public school is.
    A silver lining perhaps. Or maybe I'm just too optimistic in this regard.
    My wife home-schooled our kids. Has worked out great so far as all the kids are productive adults. She was a teacher _but_ says that in retrospect she started out behind the curve because of it. IOW, she had to overcome the training in order to most effectively teach her new (tiny) little class. Oddly, child care cost (with both of us working) was a big driving force in eventually deciding to home-school as we decided before the oldest was public school age for her to stay home w/ the kids.

It was a huge step for us even with her being a teacher, and I commend those who jump off w/o the comfort of having one of the parents already "trained" as such. There are a lot of home-schooling resources out there in some states, including the HSLDA which actually came in handy for us at one time (through no fault of our own) if one is worried about the local school district coming after them legally. As far as other resources, there are all kinds of organizations selling curriculum and other advice and also many communities have home-school groups so kids and parents can get together w/ their peers on a regular basis. All-in-all I think I can speak for the rest of the family that it was a net-positive experience for us all.

They are the B team. They lack the long title of Director of the Institute of Allergies and Infectious Diseases. Surely they can’t possibly have more sense than him.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Santana View Post
    Laws and constitutional rights are only as strong as those defending them. The violations aren't as much of an issue as the nationwide permissiveness of them.
    Let’s us start defending them, how should we proceed?

You could start by opening your businesses and going back to work, like a responsible adult should do.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Santana View Post
    The violations aren't as much of an issue as the nationwide permissiveness of them.
    They have been clamoring for them. Demanding that we MUST DO SOMETHING.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    Yeah, we did conduct some fairly thorough ethnic cleansing in the past 80 years or so, on numerous occasions. Funnily enough, the differences seem to completely fade away when we run into each other in countries we are migrating to in droves, but the purists back home are pretty happy with their culturally clean Lebensraum, except the Serbian ones, because NATO stopped them from cleaning up the southern part.
    Self-determination is really at the heart of the issue, isn't it? When they run into each other internationally, they are already living by another culture's rules, in other peoples' lands, so why would they fight?

But, when they are in their homelands, they do not want another group of people to write the rules of life for them. They do not want another group to grow large enough to impact how they must live. They fear they will lose their land, their way of life, their resources, their grandchildren.

The nation can only be governed one way. The different religions, philosophies, cultures and peoples have different tastes, needs, values, desires and government system preferences.

California, the Balkans, XinJiang, Ukraine, Britain, South Africa, the Sudan, the Middle East, Korea and the list goes on. The only things that keep diverse nations from balkanization are: Intentional assimilation, deportation (forced or by self-relocation), single-culture ism, totalitarian rule or common religion.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Railbob1776 View Post
    An employee at Costco would not touch my receipt to check it at the exit. He was wearing gloves and a mask.
    Were you? Would every other person whose receipt he might touch? I'm just saying, if we're going to push for things to reopen, whether all at once or gradually, some PPE and not touching shit we don't absolutely have to touch, especially if you come into contact with hundreds of people per day, is kind of the bare minimum of common sense precautions people are talking about, no?