starting strength gym
Page 2156 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 11561656205621062146215421552156215721582166220622562656 ... LastLast
Results 21,551 to 21,560 of 30039

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    One concern with smoking is you put your hand to your mouth more often than a non-smoker and I can't see smokers using hand sanitizer every time they take a drag.
    You're in over your head here, wal.

Quote Originally Posted by David.Lewis View Post
    It may be so, which is all the more reason for folks to stop having babies they don't want.

No, the issue is personal autonomy on an individual level and individual rights on the political level. The left and right both want to selectively apply rights and autonomy. The right wants gun rights but not the valid right to life and personal autonomy in the context of abortion. The left wants abortion rights, but not the valid right to self-defense.

This came to a head over the past two years, when the same slogan "my body, my choice" was used by two different ideologies to explain the same fundamental right to life, but which each side only wanted it to apply to their chosen bias and had good-sounding surface logic defending their application of said principle and denying the other side's view (which, in principle, is the same viewpoint). These strange creatures are like the urRu and the Skeksis in the Dark Crystal.

Thank you David. I hope this helps explain for everyone how a logic-based approach to criticizing COVID (and probably most other?) measures gets you nowhere.

Culture and history should be stronger than whatever laws are on paper in your country. I like to think that God's laws come first, the Family's laws, second, and the government's laws, only third. But a nation with a diluted, atrophying culture must enforce most rules only at the barrel of a gun, using only the government's weak, enacted laws.

The apparent hypocrisy of promoting individual gun ownership rights but restricting individual abortion rights appears coherent through the lens of your nation's culture and history. If they don't, your parents and grandparents somehow abdicated this duty of theirs, or perhaps some organized bad actors succeeded at covertly infiltrating and destroying your culture.

Plot the intersection of the natural laws that must be restricted through codification (restricting access to abortion) and man's follies that are being forced upon us as though they were natural (creating fictitious genders, wearing masks, teaching sex to children, legalizing sexual proclivities) to understand how close your culture is to abject failure.

So what's going to be done to the criminals who refused to listen to reason?
    SAGE models were too scary and held too much weight... says lockdown architect behind them! | Daily Mail Online

---------
    Goldman Sachs Funded Firm Buys Entire Florida Community for $45 Million

Goldman Sachs Funded Firm Buys Entire Florida Community for $45 Million

Quote Originally Posted by mkm5 View Post
    2. Critically question the "current thing" and be ostracized from society permanently.
    You say that like it's a bad thing. Giving a shit what these mush-brained, milquetoast ninnies think is at least half the problem. At least.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    This is cool Darren. Summarize it for us.
    U.S shelves will be mostly stocked with higher priced goods. Africa and parts of Asia will experience scarcity, and world agriculture output will grow at a lower rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    I don't particularly care about the abortion debate, but I would hazard a guess that 90 percent of humans born throughout our history fall into this category.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    No argument from me on this. Especially now, having a kid just means it will live in lockdown safety health freak society for hundreds of years.
    Depends on where you live. We live out in a rural area where even liberals ignore mask mandates and own guns. We are touring a small, reasonably priced, private school for our son this afternoon where the head of school refused to mask children, and when the government came knocking on the door, they took the demerit, paid the fine, and told the government to eff off and that she wasn't going to mask the children. She refused to close the school and continues to operate.

Not every corner of the Earth is burning to the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    You say that like it's a bad thing. Giving a shit what these mush-brained, milquetoast ninnies think is at least half the problem. At least.
    Oh how right you are. I'm a peaceful man, but I find myself wondering when it's time to just start doling out the same shit on them that they've been doing to us for the past 6 years.

The problem is, it won't be pretty, but at this point, I can't figure out any other option. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Nelson View Post
    U.S shelves will be mostly stocked with higher priced goods. Africa and parts of Asia will experience scarcity, and world agriculture output will grow at a lower rate.
    Israel is currently on a expedition to source wheat from Azerbaijan.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    Anybody trained through covid yet?
    I have.