starting strength gym
Page 216 of 3019 FirstFirst ... 1161662062142152162172182262663167161216 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,160 of 30185

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillon Spencer View Post
    Were you? Would every other person whose receipt he might touch? I'm just saying, if we're going to push for things to reopen, whether all at once or gradually, some PPE and not touching shit we don't absolutely have to touch, especially if you come into contact with hundreds of people per day, is kind of the bare minimum of common sense precautions people are talking about, no?
    I just found it odd that a person wearing gloves was scared to touch something. Sort of defeats the purpose of wearing gloves.

Quote Originally Posted by Dillon Spencer View Post
    I know many here and elsewhere automatically reject being told, or even advised, to do something by the government, but up here we're more trusting, and perhaps because of that our government also trusts us a bit more.
    Personally, I don't want the government to trust me. I want the government to fear me.
    That is the only way I see that will work to get the government to behave.

Unfortunately, the government has very little reason to fear an average modern day American. They get away with way too much.

Quote Originally Posted by ltomo View Post
    Throughout history, millions of people have been killed in the name of protecting family, friends, and neighbors.
    This is important. One of the forms of evil is that which is borne out of ignorance. And when this ignorance causes fear, the form intensifies and mutates into a grotesque creature.

One of the unintended consequences of this shit is that we are all having a conversation now that nobody in the government intended for us to have. They have shown everyone their quality, and people who had previously never considered it are beginning to realize that these incompetent and power-mad fools are destroying our society for reasons they cannot explain to rational people. They are minting a whole new batch of libertarians.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    One of the unintended consequences of this shit is that we are all having a conversation now that nobody in the government intended for us to have. They have shown everyone their quality, and people who had previously never considered it are beginning to realize that these incompetent and power-mad fools are destroying our society for reasons they cannot explain to rational people. They are minting a whole new batch of libertarians.
    It's a motherfucker of a stress test for sure. We've already learnt, and will continue to learn, much about the competencies of many governments over the next few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Railbob1776 View Post
    I just found it odd that a person wearing gloves was scared to touch something. Sort of defeats the purpose of wearing gloves.
    The point would be that if one person's receipt was contaminated, and he touched it, gloves or not, he'd potentially contaminate every subsequent receipt he might touch. Is it overkill? No idea. But it's a pretty basic risk mitigation protocol.

Perhaps some. I suspect that a very high percentage of incumbents are re-elected at every level.

Ironically, states like NY and California complain they do not receive as much from the feds as they pay, yet they elect the same fools over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by spacediver View Post
    It's a motherfucker of a stress test for sure. We've already learnt, and will continue to learn, much about the competencies of many governments over the next few months.
    Hahahahaha you had "competencies" and "governments" in the same sentence. The only thing they may do semi-competently over the next few months is cover their asses for how bad they fucked up this deal, and that's only b/c the press will cover for them.

The "Public Burden" argument is the central question here. They just shut down restaurants, bars, gyms, stores, and lots of other places because we have all made the assumption that we are all responsible for everybody else's health and safety. There is no other reason to shut down a restaurant except to argue that the restaurant is responsible for contagious disease transmission. I'm not saying that the Health Department should allow dirty kitchens to poison people, although it's been my experience that the market disposes of shitty restaurants quickly and thoroughly. But the flu comes through every year, and this is the first time we have decided that owners of buildings are responsible for diseases that other people bring into the room. Again, where does this shit stop?
    Would you agree that there is a threshold of risk where this responsibility comes into being, especially with services like grocery stores?

This question is separate to whether or not that threshold of risk is met in the current situation.

starting strength coach development program
    Covid 19 dashboard pdf. / Deaths and Death rate by age group chart. COVID-19 Response Reporting | Mass.gov