starting strength gym
Page 217 of 3019 FirstFirst ... 1171672072152162172182192272673177171217 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,170 of 30189

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Railbob1776 View Post
    I just found it odd that a person wearing gloves was scared to touch something. Sort of defeats the purpose of wearing gloves.
    To be fair these things are often intended as a ‘last line of defense’. Having worked with hazardous materials in the past we always wore gloves not because we *intended to* directly touch the materials but *in case* we did. Ideally you just don’t come in contact with the dangerous stuff. Anyway, your average grocery store worker probably doesn’t know how to properly remove and dispose of gloves regardless so who knows how much it actually helps.

Quote Originally Posted by spacediver View Post
    Would you agree that there is a threshold of risk where this responsibility comes into being, especially with services like grocery stores?
    The threshold is where the customer wants it to be. If they don't satisfy my standards, I don't do business there. If I expect to see all the clerks and stockers in hazmat suits, and they're not, and I think it's just too goddamn dangerous to shop there, I won't. Is this odd to you? Do you not operate this way already? You eat at restaurants you don't like just because they're open? Maybe their advertising orders you to appear?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    The threshold is where the customer wants it to be. If they don't satisfy my standards, I don't do business there. If I expect to see all the clerks and stockers in hazmat suits, and they're not, and I think it's just too goddamn dangerous to shop there, I won't. Is this odd to you? Do you not operate this way already? You eat at restaurants you don't like just because they're open? Maybe their advertising orders you to appear?
    Sure, that works when there are alternatives that do have satisfactory standards and are accessible. What about when there aren't?

You don't seem to understand about the free market. I guess it's not discussed in Canadia. If there are no stores in town that satisfy the market for a hypersterile environment, where everyone is in hazmat and the customers are required to pass a background check and a physical examination to get in the building, and enough people demand it, one of the stores will provide it, because of GREED. Naked filthy greed. A vice thus becomes a virtue.

You don't seem to understand about the free market. I guess it's not discussed in Canadia.
    Milton Friedman's free to choose series was life changing for me.

I think my question was a legitimate one.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Santana View Post
    Have you not read anything that has been discussed on this 200+ page thread?
    I gave up on him way over 100 pages ago. He bumped up against my fallacious argument rev limiter and I just tuned him out. I think Rip is doing some crazy experiment by keeping him here.

I hope things are going well for you. I’m sure you’ve been scrambling like all of us to keep afloat. Hope to see you again soon!

It's a legitimate question, of course. I think my example is legitimate too. But we're not going to engage with Bruno anymore.

If there are no stores in town that satisfy the market for a hypersterile environment, where everyone is in hazmat and the customers are required to pass a background check and a physical examination to get in the building, and enough people demand it, one of the stores will provide it, because of GREED. Naked filthy greed. A vice thus becomes a virtue.
    Over enough of a period of time, there is a good chance of that happening.

The function of grocery stores is somewhat vital, however.

Enforcing certain standards ensures that most people can benefit from this service without undue risk.

Vital, meaning their value is high? Watch Uncle Milton again.

starting strength coach development program
    I saw something very interesting tonight on my way home. People out smiling and hugging in groups, taking photos, laughing (it’s graduation time at BYU). The traffic is back up to pre-crazy levels.

I think Provo just collectively decided this time out is over.