starting strength gym
Page 2177 of 3020 FirstFirst ... 11771677207721272167217521762177217821792187222722772677 ... LastLast
Results 21,761 to 21,770 of 30197

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I haven't seen much reporting on this critical situation. My understanding is there are around 200 countries getting ready to sign over our sovereignty to the WHO next week.

This is unprecedented, and the current administration appears to be proceeding without informed consent from We The People.

I do not consent.

Toward a pandemic treaty - YouTube

Dr Tony Hinton discusses impact global treaty on pandemic preparedness would have on freedoms - YouTube

It Begins - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
    And not to miss an opportunity: https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...iants-animals/

Stoke The Fear.

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    Listen, I loathe feminists as much as the next guy, but lots and lots of women are actually incapable for one reason or another of breastfeeding, be it an issue with their equipment or with the child. I'm glad you guys had such great success and my wife would be glad for you, too, because it is what she wanted to do. Life, however, had other plans for her and our kids. Ergo, formula.
    Whatever the source, I have to wonder if we are short-circuiting a protective evolutionary mechanism with excessive infant care.
    Not all babies were meant to survive.
    Seeing to it that almost all babies survive infancy, when historically it might have been 50% is going to come back to bite us in the ass pretty soon.
    Degradation of the genetic quality of a population can happen very, very quickly as we have seen with dogs bred live their lives in purses or simply for appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Grantham View Post
    ...No one fabricated data to obtain the funding for these projects or to obtain follow-on funding.
    If you have been involved with these projects for 20 years and have seen nothing, you are either a liar or are protecting people who are lying.
    I saw all of this within less than a year of being involved with research.

I have known many scientists who I respected, however they have ALWAYS been forced to play politics to keep their jobs or advance their research.
    They have ALWAYS been forced to bend or break the truth, even the good scientists.

Breaking with orthodoxy is extremely dangerous for a scientist and I have seen very very few with the courage to do so.
    Going against the politicians or bureaucratic leadership is a career-killing move in 99.9% of cases, especially if you are proven correct in questioning their edicts or dogma.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    History is full with bad technical and scientific reporting. It ranges from unconscious bias to outright fraud. People have become wealthy on intentionally false data and people have died. Those are facts. Terms like snake oil salesman didn’t come out of fiction. I have personally witnessed it my entire career, closer to 40yrs. Your “I’ve never witnessed it”, seems naive at best.
    Thank you, Barry.
    You probably remember when cold fusion was invented.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post
    You are quantitatively incorrect. The efficacy of vaccines is almost entirely based on the RBD, as compared to natural immunity.

You previously cited this paper, which again focuses on the more pertinent issue: the number of mutations in the RBD.

In retrospect, do you think that focused targeting of the RBD wasn’t a robust strategy?
    Neutralization by antibodies is one part of protection, but it is not the only thing. There is also opsonization, activation of the complement cascade, antibody-dependent cellular cytotoxicity, and T-cell responses. These things are more difficult to measure, so most papers that characterize the response focus exclusively on neutralization (a mistake in my opinion, but I understand why).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you also seem to misunderstand who/what is focusing on the RBD for neutralization. The vaccines code for most of the spike with some modifications, and the neutralization response is what is focused on the RBD. To my knowledge there was no predetermined plan to drive that specific response. It was expected to be part of the response, but not the only goal. Again, feel free to correct me if I've misunderstood your point.

FWIW I think, in reading Grantham’s posts, I agree with the science of virology and what he’s saying. And I’ve read the articles he’s posted. It’s all accepted in the current virology science as true. I respect that he communicates that well to the board.

I’ve realized any objections I’ve had with his opinion are just about interpretation to how it relates to the current situation.

Everyone is free to disagree for sure, this is just what I think.

My problems with the current COVID situation are multi-factored:

- it’s not and never was a significant threat for most people (healthy or not)

- clearly obesity and vitamin D deficiency are major risk factors

- lockdowns…well that was /is insane and has caused behavioral changes that are mystifying (especially true in a city that is a giant cult, Seattle)

- we were misled (lied to) by a political movement that pulled out all the stops to a) denigrate Trump and b) assert more orchestrated control.

- fauci’s changing of his tune from early on (not a major threat, masks don’t work, which every fucking scientist in the world knew) to we are all going to die. That is a political stance not a scientific one.

- “testing” for C19 is so laughably inaccurate I can’t even elaborate.

- vaccine manufacturers are obviously going to jump on this and make bucks. One could argue that’s capitalism in a nutshell, but wait, they are now in lock step and financing both the media and government. The market did not decide…

- corporate and social media is actually the real villain here. Governments have always lied and always will. But when no one is allowed (censored) to question what’s being reported, then where are we? I despise corporate media and social media companies (same thing, I guess) more than anything. They are the true evil because they are the conduit to the regular person. And like it or not, they infect far more people than a virus.

The amount of damage done to real science is catastrophic and will be felt for decades. This bums me out.

God help us.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
    Gilead - as per usual you are posting fantastic content here. Malone's content had been wonderful the last few years.

Also, may I ask why you go by the name Gilead?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Grantham View Post
    Neutralization by antibodies is one part of protection, but it is not the only thing. There is also opsonization, activation of the complement cascade, antibody-dependent cellular cytotoxicity, and T-cell responses. These things are more difficult to measure, so most papers that characterize the response focus exclusively on neutralization (a mistake in my opinion, but I understand why).
    nAbs have the most importance to public health, since they determine our potential for retransmission. They're what young people, such as myself, sought from people such as yourself. I am intentionally focusing on them.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you also seem to misunderstand who/what is focusing on the RBD for neutralization. The vaccines code for most of the spike with some modifications, and the neutralization response is what is focused on the RBD. To my knowledge there was no predetermined plan to drive that specific response. It was expected to be part of the response, but not the only goal. Again, feel free to correct me if I've misunderstood your point.
    This limited targeting is peculiar to the vaccines. It was caught early, and understood as part of the vaccine rollout. Based on this understanding, did you (accurately) predict that natural immunity would prove more robust than that conferred by the vaccines? Did your colleagues? If so, where?

Quote Originally Posted by GioFerrante View Post
    Also, may I ask why you go by the name Gilead?
    No esoteric reason, it's just my name. Albeit, when discussing the subject of names especially in a Jewish historical and Kabalistic context, there is a bit one could say on this name. Putting that aside, this name is pretty common here in Israel.

Jovan,
    What's your thoughts on Dowds macro analysis? Also, based on your understanding of our holy brother Snider's work, what would he say regarding Dowds economic outlook?
    Ed Dowd: The Four Converging Forces That Will Destroy the Economy

Yup, sounds about right!
    Monkeypox Was a Table-Top Simulation Only Last Year ⋆ Brownstone Institute

Chiching$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    FDA Approves New Intravenous Monkeypox Drug Treatment From PFIZER-Linked SIGA Technologies

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post

Thank you, Barry.
    You probably remember when cold fusion was invented.
    Cold Fusion is the perfect example for illustrating that science ethics runs the gamut from utter and ground breaking legitimacy, like Luis Alvarez’s (a Nobel laureate) discovery of muon catalyzed fusion in the 1950’s to the Pons and Fleischmann controversial announcement in the late 1980’s, and current conferences and chatter for LENR , low energy nuclear reactions. The carrot on the stick is enormous - infinite clean energy. The biggest sharks in the water LOVE carrots. Who knew?

I work from the fringes on this topic and, again, it is not a landscape of lolipops. Furthermore, everyone in this vast field is hypersensitive to scientific fraud.

starting strength coach development program
    That didn't take long. I told you this two years ago. How stupid do you have to be to fail to understand this whole thing now? And still, governments persist, assuming we can't read:

Shameful decision by U.S. Air Force Academy… – CITIZEN FREE PRESS

Belgium becomes first country to introduce compulsory monkeypox quarantine | Daily Mail Online