starting strength gym
Page 2185 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 11851685208521352175218321842185218621872195223522852685 ... LastLast
Results 21,841 to 21,850 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    It seems to me, and I am no statistician, that COVID mortality was so skewed towards age and co-morbidity, that the reported 15% increase of death for the entire population is basically the same as a 15% increase in the very old and sick. More or less. This is not controversial.

While sad, and plenty of blame to share, COVID and our response to COVID may have shortened the remaining time left by a mostly old and terminal population.

I suspect the 15% number, all cause all age, is closer to 1% if corrected for age and existing conditions. 1% is within normal fluctuations.

Am I wrong?
    I'll give my own experience, and it could very well be a coincidence.
    I've never lost family members growing up.
    I have lost 3 of my grandparents in less than a year, they were all inside different facilities.
    One of them had a stroke, kinda recovered and then died. He wasn't vaccinated because of the stroke I believe.
    The other one had had Alzheimer's for the past few years, he wasn't in bad shape, but they told us he fell, and apparently he had only hurt his femur, but they quickly found out he had brain trauma as well, so they hypothesized he beat his head as well, and that's how he went. I think he didn't get vaccinated too, but I' m not sure.
    My grandma was kept in a nice hospice up in the mountains, I believe she did recieve the vaccine, but she basically died of sarcopenia, after a few years of battling psychological issues and what not. I went to see her and she was just laying there, looking like a skeleton with skin on basically, her muscles being so weak she couldn't even swallow food.

This is sad as shit, sorry, but it was very weird how it all happened in less than a year.
    Mabye there is some fault in the covid response, but I'm not sure. Just wanted ti share this.

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    Our intrepid crusader against hypocrisy was an early and vigorous advocate of the Imperial College Modeling fiasco.
    This reminded me that I was too.

IPB

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    We have been discussing the excess death numbers here for over 2 years.
    No, they do not coincide with Covid peaks.
    The most deadly strain (original strain) only produced excess death comparable to a bad flu season.
    The severely pronounced spike in excess death occurred after mass vaccinations beginning in November of 2020.

These data are easily verifiable. If you do not trust them and want to look it up yourself, you can.
    Obviously, I had already looked up the numbers. Here are plots of cases numbers, cumulative vaccination numbers and excess death numbers as a function of time, straight from the CDC data sets. The blue dots in each plot are just there to roughly mark the peaks in the case numbers, i.e. the times corresponding to the peaks of the infection waves. Note that case numbers are shown on a logarithmic scale, since otherwise the Omicron peak makes other things hard to see.

Are you still seriously disputing that (a) the excess deaths came in waves that track the timing of the COVID infection waves, and (b) that a huge number of excess deaths happened before any large-scale vaccination drive?

cases.jpg
    deaths.jpg
    vaccs.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    It seems to me, and I am no statistician, that COVID mortality was so skewed towards age and co-morbidity, that the reported 15% increase of death for the entire population is basically the same as a 15% increase in the very old and sick. More or less. This is not controversial.

While sad, and plenty of blame to share, COVID and our response to COVID may have shortened the remaining time left by a mostly old and terminal population.

I suspect the 15% number, all cause all age, is closer to 1% if corrected for age and existing conditions. 1% is within normal fluctuations.

Am I wrong?

I don't know what you mean by "correcting for" age and existing conditions. Deaths are deaths.

Of course there are important discussions to be had about things like the age distribution of the people who died from COVID. In fact, I think I noted ages ago that one really needs to think in terms of quantities like "QUALYs" ("quality of life years") when considering the public health implications of a pandemic and the appropriate responses.

But this is not what we are currently discussing. Rip's comment was simple and unambiguous -- "I'll give you $10,000 if 1 million people die from COVID". There is no "correction" needed to interpret that.

I already asked you to define "children" and you didn't do it. The BBC is not worthy of response. I guess they didn't mention the fact that the shooter was a tranny.

Quote Originally Posted by lazygun37 View Post
    But this is not what we are currently discussing. Rip's comment was simple and unambiguous -- "I'll give you $10,000 if 1 million people die from COVID". There is no "correction" needed to interpret that.
    One million people have not died in the United States FROM covid-19.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    IOne million people have not died in the United States FROM covid-19.
    OK, so, once again: how do you explain the excess death statistics? They clearly have nothing to do with whether or not has coded deaths incorrectly. They're just mortality data that can be verified at very local levels.

As I've pointed out, the excess death time signature is consistent with the COVID infection waves, but not with the explanations you provided before.

I genuinely want to know whether/how you can account for this in your view of things.

COVID UPDATE: What is the truth? - PMC

It's not the virus, you idiot. It's the response to the virus:

When this pandemic started, hospitals were ordered by the CDC to follow a treatment protocol that resulted in the deaths of hundreds of thousands of patients, most of whom would have recovered had proper treatments been allowed.[43,44] The majority of these deaths could have been prevented had doctors been allowed to use early treatment with such products as Ivermectin, hydroxy-chloroquine and a number of other safe drugs and natural compounds. It has been estimated, based on results by physicians treating the most covid patients successfully, that of the 800,000 people that we are told died from Covid, 640,000 could have not only been saved, but could have, in many cases, returned to their pre-infection health status had mandated early treatment with these proven methods been used. This neglect of early treatment constitutes mass murder. That means 160,000 would have actually died, far less than the number dying at the hands of bureaucracies, medical associations and medical boards that refused to stand up for their patients. According to studies of early treatment of thousands of patients by brave, caring doctors, seventy-five to eighty percent of the deaths could have been prevented.[43,44]

Millions have been deliberately killed and crippled, not only by this engineered virus, but by the vaccine itself and by the draconian measures used by these governments to “control the pandemic spread”. We must not ignore the “deaths by despair” caused by these draconian measures, which can exceed hundreds of thousands. Millions have starved in third world countries as a result. In the United States alone, of the 800,000 who died, claimed by the medical bureaucracies, well over 600,000 of these deaths were the result of the purposeful neglect of early treatment, blocking the use of highly effective and safe repurposed drugs, such as hydroxy-chloroquine and Ivermectin, and the forced use of deadly treatments such as remdesivir and use of ventilators. This does not count the deaths of despair and neglected medical care caused by the lockdown and hospital measures forced on healthcare systems.

Previous experience with the flu vaccines clearly demonstrates that the safety studies done by researchers and clinical doctors with ties to pharmaceutical companies were essentially all either poorly done or purposefully designed to falsely show safety and coverup side effects and complications. This was dramatically demonstrated with the previously mentioned phony studies designed to indicate that hydroxy Chloroquine and Ivermectin were ineffective and too dangerous to use.[34,36,37] These fake studies resulted in millions of deaths and severe health disasters worldwide. As stated, 80% of all deaths were unnecessary and could have been prevented with inexpensive, safe repurposed medications with a very long safety history among millions who have taken them for decades or even a lifetime.[43,44]

It is beyond ironic that those claiming that they are responsible for protecting our health approved a poorly tested set of vaccines that has resulted in more deaths in less than a year of use than all the other vaccines combined given over the past 30 years. Their excuse when confronted was—“we had to overlook some safety measures because this was a deadly pandemic”.[28,46]

He examined all manufactured vaccines—Pfizer, Moderna, Johnson and Johnson (Janssen), etc. He found that among every 200 batches of the vaccine from Pfizer and other makers, one batch of the 200 was found to be over 50x more deadly than vaccines batches from other lots. The other vaccine lots (batches) were also causing deaths and disabilities, but nowhere near to this extent. These deadly batches should have appeared randomly among all “vaccines” if it was an unintentional event. However, he found that 5% of the vaccines were responsible for 90% of the serious adverse events, including deaths. The incidence of deaths and serious complications among these “hot lots” varied from over 1000% to several thousand percent higher than comparable safer lots. If you think this was by accident—think again. This is not the first time “hot lots” were, in my opinion, purposefully manufactured and sent across the nation—usually vaccines designed for children. In one such scandal, “hot lots” of a vaccine ended up all in one state and the damage immediately became evident. What was the manufacture’s response? It wasn’t to remove the deadly batches of the vaccine. He ordered his company to scatter the hot lots across the nation so that authorities would not see the obvious deadly effect.

There are many things about this “pandemic” that are unprecedented in medical history. One of the most startling is that at the height of the pandemic so few autopsies, especially total autopsies, were being done. A mysterious virus was rapidly spreading around the world, a selected group of people with weakened immune systems were getting seriously ill and many were dying and the one way we could rapidly gain the most knowledge about this virus—an autopsy, was being discouraged.

Guerriero noted that by the end of April, 2020 approximately 150,000 people had died, yet there were only 16 autopsies performed and reported in the medical literature.[24] Among these, only seven were complete autopsies, the remaining 9 being partial or by needle biopsy or incisional biopsy. Only after 170,000 deaths by Covid-19 and four months into the pandemic were the first series of autopsies actually done, that is, more than ten. And only after 280,000 deaths and another month, were the first large series of autopsies performed, some 80 in number.[22] Sperhake, in a call for autopsies to be done without question, noted that the first full autopsy reported in the literature along with photomicrographs appeared in a medico-legal journal from China in February 2020.[41,68] Sperhake expressed confusion as to why there was a reluctance to perform autopsies during the crisis, but he knew it was not coming from the pathologists. The medical literature was littered with appeals by pathologist for more autopsies to be performed.[58] Sperhake further noted that the Robert Koch Institute (The German health monitoring system) at least initially advised against doing autopsies. He also knew that at the time 200 participating autopsy institutions in the United States had done at least 225 autopsies among 14 states.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    COVID UPDATE: What is the truth? - PMC

It's not the virus, you idiot. It's the response to the virus:
    What is wrong with you? For the upteenth time: this interpretation is not consistent with the timing of the excess deaths relative to the COVID waves. If your argument is that it is consistent, then you need to provide a logical argument that actually makes sense. Could you please do that?

Apologies -- I posted before your quote from the article appeared in your comment, so I missed the one aspect of this that could partially explain the timing signature -- the idea that lots of people died because they were given the wrong treatment.

I obviously think this is wrong, but let's just accept it at face value. The problem is that in this scenario they would still have died from COVID. This is not hair-splitting. You've disputed that COVID on its own is lethal enough to kill 1M people period. Whether or not deaths might have been preventable with better treatment is entirely irrelevant to this claim.

starting strength coach development program
    How is it that you don't understand that all the bullshit associated with COVID was done congruently with the "case rate"? Does this really need to be explained to you -- that the activities in "response to the virus" coincided with the bullshit data that generated brand new waves of "cases" of the virus? You're not reading the article I just linked.

Most importantly, ragarding autopsies, the way we actually determine cause of death:

What possibly concerned or even terrified the engineers of this pandemic was that autopsies just might, and did, show that a number of these so-called Covid-19 deaths in truth died of their comorbid diseases. In the vast majority of autopsy studies reported, pathologists noted multiple comorbid conditions, most of which at the extremes of life could alone be fatal. Previously it was known that common cold viruses had an 8% mortality in nursing homes.

In addition, valuable evidence could be obtained from the autopsies that would improve clinical treatments and could possibly demonstrate the deadly effect of the CDC mandated protocols all hospitals were required to follow, such as the use of respirators and the deadly, kidney-destroying drug remdesivir. The autopsies also demonstrated accumulating medical errors and poor-quality care, as the shielding of doctors in intensive care units from the eyes of family members inevitably leads to poorer quality care as reported by several nurses working in these areas.[53-55]

As bad as all this was, the very same thing is being done in the case of Covid vaccine deaths—very few complete autopsies have been done to understand why these people died, that is, until recently. Two highly qualified researchers, Dr. Sucharit Bhakdi a microbiologist and highly qualified expert in infectious disease and Dr. Arne Burkhardt, a pathologist who is a widely published authority having been a professor of pathology at several prestigious institutions, recently performed autopsies on 15 people having died after vaccination. What they found explains why so many are dying and experiencing organ damage and deadly blood clots.[5]

They determined that 14 of the fifteen people died as a result of the vaccines and not of other causes. Dr. Burkhardt, the pathologist, observed widespread evidence of an immune attack on the autopsied individuals’ organs and tissues— especially their heart. This evidence included extensive invasion of small blood vessels with massive numbers of lymphocytes, which cause extensive cell destruction when unleashed. Other organs, such as the lungs and liver, were observed to have extensive damage as well. These findings indicate the vaccines were causing the body to attack itself with deadly consequences. One can easily see why Anthony Fauci, as well as public health officers and all who are heavily promoting these vaccines, publicly discouraged autopsies on the vaccinated who subsequently died. One can also see that in the case of vaccines, that were essentially untested prior to being approved for the general public, at least the regulatory agencies should have been required to carefully monitor and analyze all serious complications, and certainly deaths, linked to these vaccines. The best way to do that is with complete autopsies.

While we learned important information from these autopsies what is really needed are special studies of the tissues of those who have died after vaccination for the presence of spike protein infiltration throughout the organs and tissues. This would be critical information, as such infiltration would result in severe damage to all tissues and organs involved—especially the heart, the brain, and the immune system. Animal studies have demonstrated this. In these vaccinated individuals the source of these spike proteins would be the injected nanolipid carriers of the spike protein producing mRNA. It is obvious that the government health authorities and pharmaceutical manufacturers of these “vaccines” do not want these critical studies done as the public would be outraged and demand an end to the vaccination program and prosecution of the involved individuals who covered this up.