COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events - Page 2187

starting strength gym
Page 2187 of 2231 FirstFirst ... 11871687208721372177218521862187218821892197 ... LastLast
Results 21,861 to 21,870 of 22307

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

  1. #21861
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    451

    Default

    • starting strength seminar august 2022
    • starting strength seminar october 2022
    • starting strength seminar december 2022
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Right. Obviously. Your data is reliable, and mine is not. Because you are a Doctor.
    It amazes me people can just look at data and see correlations that they mold into their narratives. The excess death thing is hilarious, I’ve heard it many times. When I hear this offered as causative proof, I know I’m talking to 1) an electronic head worshiper, 2) someone who doesn’t really understand excess deaths, it’s purpose or how it’s measured (borne out by my conversations with #1), OR they are epidemiologists. Which have become the gender studies M.A. degrees of science.

  2. #21862
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    48,767

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Le Comte View Post
    Rip, what data could lead you to agree that 1 million people had died from covid? Would it take 1 million autopsy reports that listed Covid as sole cause (i.e. without any co-morbidities) or something else?

    I'm mainly interested from the perspective of scientific method and data collection/analysis perspectives and their usefulness in contested policy debates.
    At this point, it's not possible because governments at every level have used this situation to advance their own agendas. Forward from here, any cause of death mentioning COVID-19 that is not supported by autopsy cannot be considered reliable. And autopsies will not be permitted because of the ugly things they might reveal about the vaccines. This is not my fault -- it is their fault.

    And this is what the doctor considers to be a useful refutation:

    Quote Originally Posted by lazygun37 View Post
    And I did quickly read that article, but it's so obviously not a reliable source of information that vetting all the claims it makes would take forever. Even I'm not willing to do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by lazygun37 View Post
    You have really convinced yourself that this "information" in this crazy article is somehow equivalent to -- or even more reliable than -- basic, verifiable mortality statistics, right? I honestly don't know why I thought there might be a chance you would rationally engage with any evidence that conflicts with your beliefs, no matter how clear cut.
    Mortality statistics provided by who?

  3. #21863
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    1,424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johnst_nhb View Post
    It agOR they are epidemiologists. Which have become the gender studies M.A. degrees of science.
    I will be stealing this sir.

  4. #21864
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,591

    Default

    Take aways from team Rebel on Davos WEF forum
    Brighteon

  5. #21865
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Ozarks
    Posts
    1,111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    My question is, in this era of bullshit, is this even Monkeypox? Or is this some sort of weird, shingles-like reaction to the vaxes and boosters? I remember those signs in only the classiest of tote-sum stores of my youth, "In God we trust, all others pay cash." I'm feeling that a lot these days. I wanna see receipts on all their claims now.



    I can tell you without looking that 17 yr old gang bangers knocking old folks in the head for their cash and then getting shot by another banger are included in their tally.
    If we are so concerned about school shooting and mass killings why are we not taking animal abuse seriously?
    When Luke Woodham shot up Pearl High School he did so after having tortured the dog to death. So did the Columbine kids. It's such a reliable indicator. Cops did jack about Woodham. They don't want to solve these issues because then, how will they further subjugate us?
    -You aren't supposed to have a gun on school property most places.
    - Can't sell guns to kids.
    There are plenty of gun laws already why not maybe try enforcing what they have rather than throw a fit about the rest of us having them? Or here's a thought- why not try leaving tax paying citizens alone and actually enforce some shit that matters? Perhaps if you got the cops off crap like weed and prostitution and whether or not Becky has mowed her lawn this week they could concentrate on the fact that some little dipshit at the school is torturing his grandma's cat. I'm just sick to fucking death of this "oh the children" line when nobody gives a shit to do anything that isn't involving taking away rights from those who have never misused them. What's next? Take away our cars because we might hit a kid with one? I'd like to ask how far do the leftists wanna go with this shit but after the whole Covid lockdown I'm afraid of the answer.
    For what it's worth, law enforcement training curriculum includes recognizing animal cruelty and abuse as not only a crime, but an indicator of a likelihood of family violence or worse.

    As always, though, we cannot respond fast enough to save you if you can't save yourself.

  6. #21866
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Garage of GainzZz
    Posts
    2,826

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lazygun37 View Post
    Well, coming back to this thread was about as useful and as much fun as I thought it would be.

    You have really convinced yourself that this "information" in this crazy article is somehow equivalent to -- or even more reliable than -- basic, verifiable mortality statistics, right? I honestly don't know why I thought there might be a chance you would rationally engage with any evidence that conflicts with your beliefs, no matter how clear cut.

    Oh well, maybe there are some lurkers who will find this shit show of a "discussion" illuminating, even if it is for all the wrong reasons.

    You'll be pleased to hear that's it for me again... Enjoy the diversity of thought you cultivate on the board.

    By the way: if you ever come to accept that >1M in the US have died from COVID, how about you donate the $10,000 you owe to whatever is the top-rated charity at the time on The Life You Can Save?
    Imagine being this person.

  7. #21867
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lazygun37 View Post
    Just to throw some people under the bus: I'd be interested in what Barry and Shiva have to say on this topic. I disagree with much of what they write, but I still consider them capable of having a rational discussion with. And I suspect their take will mean more to you than mine.
    Obviously, a lot of people died of COVID-19 during those waves. But the solicitation and provision of medical services dropped immediately in response, confounding your simplistic identification of cases and excess deaths. That rephrases Rip, who in turn rephrases observations from 2020 and 2021:
    During the initial COVID-19 wave, cardiac-related EMS calls decreased (−27.2 percent), calls with hospital transportation refusal increased (+32.5 percent), and out-of-hospital cardiac arrest incidence increased (+35.5 percent) compared with historical baselines. After the initial wave, although cardiac-related calls remained lower (−17.2 percent), out-of-hospital cardiac arrest incidence remained elevated (+24.8 percent) despite fewer COVID-19 infections and relaxed public health advisories.
    You can dig deeper with a stratified analysis.

  8. #21868
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    At this point, it's not possible because governments at every level have used this situation to advance their own agendas. Forward from here, any cause of death mentioning COVID-19 that is not supported by autopsy cannot be considered reliable. And autopsies will not be permitted because of the ugly things they might reveal about the vaccines. This is not my fault -- it is their fault.

    And this is what the doctor considers to be a useful refutation:





    Mortality statistics provided by who?
    I trust the actuaries in this instance- they have skin in the game.

  9. #21869
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    2,986

    Default

    I keep reading that the Texas shooter was in the school for between 40 and 60 minutes. I’ve read that he was “engaged” by one school officer and 2 police before entering the school but they did not stop him or fire on him. Also that police were standing outside the school while he was in there for 40-60 minutes shooting children and that it was an off duty border patrol officer that went in and shot him. I know that initial information in these cases is often incorrect, but if any of this is true, it’s sickening. Can some of the law enforcement on this board explain what is going on here?

    Elite Special Forces Border Agent shot and killed Salvador Ramos… – CITIZEN FREE PRESS

  10. #21870
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    1,424

    Default

    starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
    Take aways from team Rebel on Davos WEF forum
    Brighteon
    I like this guy, he showed some real balls in the past two years.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •