starting strength gym
Page 22 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432721225221022 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    The quantitative PCR test isn't for "coronavirus" in general, but for SARS-Cov-2 in particular. qPCR tests are typically very specific, though maybe not very sensitive. (Indeed, the US test is apparently only 70-80% sensitive, i.e. it yields many false negatives). His presumption - that 7-10% of patients would naturally test positive - is not correct. And his insinuation - that COVID19's danger is just a statistical mirage - is ridiculous.

Mark, I mistook you for a smarter human being.

Let me see if I can follow the argument:

1. Corona viruses existed as a type of virus for some time
    2. Those who are now called “experts” have been involved in studying them for some time and were even involved in characterizing this one
    3. Scientists are all criminals driven by their desire for reputation points and power
    4. Politicians are all criminals driven by their desire to control their fellow citizens

Therefore a few of them got together and staged overflowing hospitals in China and Italy (and what? Poisoned those doctors who died in China?) and fooled all the scientists who could have burnished their own reputations (the desire for which is evidently enough to drive their fellows to world-economy-destroying conspiracies) by providing the politicians with evidence that would save their economies and make them world-historically famous and secure their power and heap world praise on them - but instead ALL got together and supported the conspiracy.

Have I followed your logic there, Tex?

If the readers of your board cannot see through the ridiculous leaps in logic and the tired king-has-no-clothes 4chan conspiracy talk on this video, you deserve each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    YouTube

Make damn sure you watch this.
    The Emperor's New Clothes

I would like to ask this guy: why were new ICU wards needed in Wuhan then, and why are Italian ICU wards being overwhelmed?

IPB

YouTube

99-2000 milenium apocalypse will kill us all
    2001- anthrax bacteria will kill us all
    2002 - west Nile virus
    2003- SARS
    2004 - Mad cow disease
    2005- bird flu
    2006 E.coli
    2008 Lehman Brothers
    2009- swine flu
    20012- Maya Calendar end of the world
    2013- Norton Korea starts 3 world war
    2014- Ebola virus
    2015- ISIS
    2016 Zika virus
    2020- coronavirus

Did I mentioned that by now all of the arctica ice should have melted and there supose to be NO POLAR BEARS ?!

Folks just need something to be excited about. Media need attention. Goverments needs to have some panic to show how awsome they are. Scientist need something to work on. Socioligist need any kind of job to buy food.

BUT only I know the truth. Are you ready for this ?

This is Rockefeller and Rothschild conspiracy. They sprayed coronavirus on us from the plane. Now they will sell to us their medicine and make bilions. I shit you not.

A pretty good parable in that translated video that can be broadly applied to the greens and what passes for environmental science, AKA, self interest.

YouTube

I like this guy with his fancy accent and logical reasoning and I want to believe this message because I’ve felt all along that this shit is overhyped.

Friends are getting mad at me because I don’t take the virus seriously and I think the economic impact from the hype is far more dangerous.

One question: how does this explain the situation in Italy, for example? Are the reports of hospitals being overrun and unimaginable battlefield triage fake or blown out of proportion?

Give me a good rebuttal to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt James View Post
    Interesting. I can say, anecdotally, that there have been a couple of waves of a particularly nasty respiratory crud here in Minnesota in the last 3 months--not flu, but might as well have been. Lots of missed school, plus about half of my 75 person office was either out or working sick. My family got it, although the kids fared the worst.

There has not been an uptick in unexplained viral pneumonias though, which was what tipped off the Chinese that they were dealing with something unusual. In our case, my youngest had a negative chest xray.
    Same thing happened here.

starting strength coach development program
    Here's an interesting article with a completely different perspective:

Has Cornavirus Been Here All Along? - Justin Hart - Medium
    Thanks for posting this. But I would assume that there'd have been a commensurate increase in deaths (of high risk populations) when these outbreaks occurred, wouldn't there?