starting strength gym
Page 2200 of 3020 FirstFirst ... 12001700210021502190219821992200220122022210225023002700 ... LastLast
Results 21,991 to 22,000 of 30193

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by mpalios View Post
    Mark, you don't need a permit to have a gun? Not arguing. I am ignorant to this...I equate a permit to a license, but I may be wrong. I've always assumed in FLA, I needed to obtain a license to carry a concealed weapon (gun) and have a license to own/purchase a handgun. But again, I may be totally wrong on this, and probably am.
    To HAVE a gun in Texas -- or Florida -- you don't need a permit. To carry concealed is a different matter. In Texas you don't need a permit to carry since constitutional carry passed into law.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
    We can theorize as to how disconnected from reality they are, but at the end of the day, nothing is happening to them and most probably nothing will happen. They consistently and efficiently move the Overton Window in their favor. The discourse is always asymmetric. AKA, PC. (Barry, I think you're on to something)
    This is the only way to explain how these cunts get away with this type of shit. Vaccinated Women - by Etana Hecht - Clown World - Honk
    If people start starving, a LOT of shit is going to happen to them. Look at what is going on in Sri Lanka. Don't get me wrong, the violent uprising won't necessarily lead to something good (see: French Revolution, Russian Revolution), but intentionally starving the populace is suicide for the upper class of society. People won't be able to just wave away their need to eat (like they can wave away their civil liberties for a feeling of "safety"), and the desperation that comes from hunger can make people really fucking wild. It certainly does that with animals. Couple that with people being so unfamiliar with it, they won't have a tolerance level for it. People aren't going to think, "it's okay I'm starving to death, it's for the greater good." No amount of patronizing elites trying to convince them of that is going to override their sense of self preservation.

Thank you, learned something valuable today.

A follow up...is there any reliable reading that I can check out discussing the pros/cons of background checks for certain types of gun ownership? Again, I'm ignorant to this and on the surface, I can't think of reasons to NOT have background checks in place. And I do NOT trust the google to give me objective results.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizuchi23 View Post
    ..And I've had none.
    It's a small win in a big war but I'm taking it while I can and will be making my self more self-sufficient from day 1 for when things go south again.
    Good job; you have done what you needed to do.
    If a few more people are unafraid, take these small steps towards freedom and persist, Australians will win.

A follow up...is there any reliable reading that I can check out discussing the pros/cons of background checks for certain types of gun ownership? Again, I'm ignorant to this and on the surface, I can't think of reasons to NOT have background checks in place. And I do NOT trust the google to give me objective results.
    Mike, you cannot buy a gun at a retail gun store without a background check NOW. As in already. That law has been in place since the Clinton administration. Have you never bought a gun from a store? And how many types of gun ownership are there?

And here's an interesting question: if you're going to make it the responsibility of the government to make sure everybody who has a gun will not commit a crime with that gun -- the purpose of the background check, right? -- who or what becomes liable when a crime is committed with the gun? Somebody fucked up, guess who will never get the blame, only the credit.

Thank you, learned something valuable today.

Any gun purchased from a licensed dealer requires a background check. There is no "gun show loophole" for dealers. Private sales are exempt in about 2/3 of states.

I started hunting with my much older brother when I was six. By the time I was 18, I had used a variety of rifles and shotguns. With one exception, every gun I used was either family owned or bought from a friend or a relative. The first shotgun I actually owned was purchased from the father of my brother's girlfriend.

Although no background check would be as thorough as that of my friends and family, I wouldn't object to a free background check for a private sale. If one side believes background checks for private sales will reduce gun violence, then they should endeavor to make the process as painless and costless as possible.

When states require an ID to vote, those lacking one can commonly obtain one at no cost. I recognize that providing free IDs, which clearly have a purpose outside of voting, hasn't stopped accusations of voter suppression.

Quote Originally Posted by IlPrincipeBrutto View Post
    With this infrastructure in place, an infrastructure which is quite big, complex, and unlikely to be decommissioned anytime soon, and with this 'priming' done on most of the population, it will be easier to implement policies like individual digital identity, a cashless society and even something like a personal CO2 running balance.

Just my 2c, of course.

IPB
    wef individual carbon budget - Brave Search

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    If people start starving, a LOT of shit is going to happen to them. Look at what is going on in Sri Lanka. Don't get me wrong, the violent uprising won't necessarily lead to something good (see: French Revolution, Russian Revolution), but intentionally starving the populace is suicide for the upper class of society. People won't be able to just wave away their need to eat (like they can wave away their civil liberties for a feeling of "safety"), and the desperation that comes from hunger can make people really fucking wild. It certainly does that with animals. Couple that with people being so unfamiliar with it, they won't have a tolerance level for it. People aren't going to think, "it's okay I'm starving to death, it's for the greater good." No amount of patronizing elites trying to convince them of that is going to override their sense of self preservation.
    https://archive.ph/w1SZ4
    Starve or eat the bug/vegan food citizen. The snopes link is funny because the “fact check” makes the premise worse than the original claim made it out to be.
    Starvation is just a normal step of marxist agendas though, it’ll be blamed on the counter revolutionaries as always, and those that have food as “hoarders”
    Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    Good job; you have done what you needed to do.
    If a few more people are unafraid, take these small steps towards freedom and persist, Australians will win.
    We have a sycophantic relationship with authority, and our entire country's history is isolation, from culture down to the flora and fauna. The country of Australia does not act, it is acted upon. As a country and a people, we will make no moves that are of our own volition.

Quote Originally Posted by Logan1 View Post
    Although no background check would be as thorough as that of my friends and family, I wouldn't object to a free background check for a private sale. If one side believes background checks for private sales will reduce gun violence, then they should endeavor to make the process as painless and costless as possible.
    I have bought guns under two sets of circumstances: from a gun store or dealer with a FFL, or from a friend, or a friend of a friend. When I've bought guns over the internet, they move from one FFL to another FFL, and a background check is required. If a buddy wants to sell me another Glock, I'll buy it from him, because I know him, and neither one of us has reason to require a background check.

Now, have you ever been offered a gun for sale from a complete stranger?

I haven't either.

When states require an ID to vote, those lacking one can commonly obtain one at no cost. I recognize that providing free IDs, which clearly have a purpose outside of voting, hasn't stopped accusations of voter suppression.
    In contrast, the elimination of ID-verified voting has done exactly what for the integrity of the electoral system?

You used to be able to order a full auto Tommy gun from the Sears catalogue and have it delivered to your front porch. That is the way it should be.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    You used to be able to order a full auto Tommy gun from the Sears catalogue and have it delivered to your front porch. That is the way it should be.
    Pre-NFA?

Incidentally, did the NFA slow down the mafia?