starting strength gym
Page 2204 of 3019 FirstFirst ... 12041704210421542194220222032204220522062214225423042704 ... LastLast
Results 22,031 to 22,040 of 30189

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Inanimate objects are easier to control than people who don't want to be controlled, so you're probably right. Inanimate objects can be banned, seized, prohibited, tariffed, taxed, buy-backed, melted down, not manufactured, not produced, not grown, not sold, not transported, burned, made unfashionable, and buried. Assholes are harder to deal with.
    Assholes can only be dealt with in civil terms until we realize they actually are assholes, and they won't stop being assholes. Then, there's that "other way" of dealing with them that we're left with. You know, the one stated in the US Constitution?

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    1) Maybe we shouldn't have SWAT. Why do we have militarized police units? None of this nonsense existed until the 60s, when Americans were coincidentally stripped of national sovereignty and became a global police unit and economic migration zone.
    In other words, when a fascist regime was instituted in America. I could never figure out why the commies made such a fuss about anti fascist this or that. I was like, where are these fascists you are talking about. Then 2020 came and I was like, oh dear comrade, I see what you meant.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Harlin View Post
    I said maybe the only one, not definitely the only one. Often public schools share the same architectural designs based on the period in which they are built. So if there are 6 public schools there may be only 2 or 3 building layouts. It’s also likely that local police officers have children that are currently attending or have attended these schools.
    Most of the DPS officers there are on rotating deployments from other parts of the state to handle the extreme traffic from the border...so, those guys would not have the intimate knowledge of the school layouts. It was 14 day rotations, not sure if that is still the case. Local sheriff and police I cannot speak to, because I DON'T know about those details.

Now, perhaps the local guys have done some training at the school(s). I do not know whether they have or not. Should they? Absolutely.

I only KNOW what I have been a part of at MUCH smaller districts. Police/sheriff depts did 6 location (athletic complex, cafeteria, HS classroom, etc) training scenarios involving both single and multiple active shooters, including scenarios where the armed staff were involved and/or taken out. (We got cuffed too, once the officers controlled the scene)

At other districts, where we did not have armed staff, scenarios with local officers took place on campus when staff and students were not on campus nor involved. I was aware of that training but not part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    Isn't that the point of precincts? I have no idea how routes and patrols are organized, but focusing on having cops become intimate with a local area seems like a no-brainer. If cops are patrolling areas that cover 6 different elementary schools, I think something is wrong. The chances that a first responder knows the public buildings in his area well should be high, not low. This should be doable even in NYC, if you partition things appropriately.
    I don't disagree with what you are saying. As for the single campus places I have worked, it was easy to train the local police/sheriff officers en masse to respond. The idea that they (Uvalde) SHOULD be able to do what you are saying IF they are organized in the manner you think they are. Is the Uvalde County Sheriff Patrol managed into precincts? Is the local police force? Not sure what the Uvalde school shooter training was or is like for the staff and/or local LEOs. I DO know that the trainings I have been a part of seemed to focus on secondary parts of the campus.

Most of this is second guessing and hindsight being 20/20 type of talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Berry View Post

1) Fuck you. Pretty broad brush you are painting with there.
    I really tried not to paint with a broad brush but I missed this one. Of course I don’t think ALL teachers are unstable.

But don’t you think “fuck you” is a bit over the top given the tenor of my post?

I’m going to go ahead and do something I try not to do, suspect something without evidence. I suspect you may be a teacher by that response.

If so, the state rests.

Democrat Election ‘Winner’ Drops to 3rd Place after Hand Recount in Georgia, Voting Machines ‘Off by Thousands’

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    In other words, when a fascist regime was instituted in America. I could never figure out why the commies made such a fuss about anti fascist this or that. I was like, where are these fascists you are talking about. Then 2020 came and I was like, oh dear comrade, I see what you meant.
    Fascism is just the fevered immune response to commie behavior, and it hasn't arrived yet. That's why their panties are perpetually in a bunch over it. Even though they've taken the corporate path towards seizing the means of production this time (that "seizing" was always for themselves, not the worker), and you might technically call it corporatism or whatever, they're still the same disgusting bolsheviks who fear the "fascist" response because they know it's the only thing that can possibly stop them in the late game. Republicucks and atomized Americans with guns are never going to re-capture the institution, especially universities, and remove the trash. Only a "fascist" could possibly do that.

I'd recommend you guys look into what FDR was up to in the 1930s if you want to wax poetic about "when fascism comes to the United States."

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    I'd recommend you guys look into what FDR was up to in the 1930s if you want to wax poetic about "when fascism comes to the United States."
    I was thinking more in terms that the takeover was completed by the 60s. The US was the first anti fascist state, you guys took out the East India Company, the premier fascist organization of all time. It took the bastards some 200 years to come back, but they eventually did. You will have to do another revolution in the next century or so.

starting strength coach development program
    The study found more than 90 per cent of the breaths resulted in chest rising.
    Dr Vaclav Vafek concluded performing mouth-to-mouth while wearing a face mask was effective more than 90 per cent of the time.
    The math checks out.