starting strength gym
Page 2206 of 3020 FirstFirst ... 12061706210621562196220422052206220722082216225623062706 ... LastLast
Results 22,051 to 22,060 of 30196

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    I think there's two things going on here. One, I don't think they think they can be killed -- or even harmed very much. I think the public has been so easily run over and the power of the string-pullers so great that they don't see themselves as touchable any longer and thus are not concerned with such details. Two, I think the vaccines are a ..... shall we say side quest to the main theme which is continuing consolidation of resources and thus the power that accompanies them. They served multiple purposes (testing, moving money from government coffers to private hands) but they are not the main point -- just a current method.

I don't think the string pullers are all one group, I think various power players work together at times and at other times simply stay out of the way. I think different sects of the string pullers are after different things. Some seek social engineering, some seek control of government entities, it's just whatever happens to further them on the road to ownership and control of resources. People are resources. They own us for the most part. We can't even decide whether or not we want to take a drug -- a most basic violation. They aren't trying to kill us all off -- look for other motivations.
    We’re farm animals. The governors are simply trying to maximize output based on continually lower input. We used to be more like a cow-calf operation, but we are steadily moving towards a hog farm production. The desired end result is a battery cage operation.

francesco, you were right and I was wrong. China's bitcoin mining activity probably never dropped to 0%, and, in any case, is "back" over 20%.

"Mr. Salter was just on the news about a month ago explaining an invention he made, which was an engine that runs completely off water, no fuel needed," said a man in a Facebook video posted May 30 and shared tens of thousands of times. "A completely hydrogen-fuel(ed) system. And we all know what happened to the last person who decided to come forth with an invention similar to this one."

That’s an apparent reference to Stanley Meyer, an inventor of a water-powered fuel cell for car engines. Meyer, who died in 1998, has been at the center of a decades-old conspiracy theory that he was killed by the government for his invention. We’ve fact checked that claim to be False.
    PolitiFact has fact-checked that claim to be False. Not just false, but False. Well, I guess that's the end of the discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    It's over if they are successful in abolishing the 2nd Amendment.

Why Guns Must Be Banned Now! - YouTube
    There has been a lot of anticipation about this:

Supreme Court to rule soon on Upstate NY case that could make it easier to carry guns across US

In light of the unprecedented abortion ruling leak, this uptick in media convenient mass shootings is very suspicious. People refuse to believe it, but there are definitely people in our government who would gladly black-op a bunch of kids into their graves to stop that from happening. When they keep saying "how many kids need to die?" it's probably a lot more sinister than most people think.

“Water powered cars” have been around for a long time. I saw a demo of a car that drove from Los Angeles to San Francisco on less than a gallon. Every water molecule has two hydrogen atoms which are very reactive. Disassociating (breaking the bonds) hydrogen from oxygen takes a lot of energy. The demo used an arc welder powered by a Diesel engine in the truck bed to produce the hydrogen from the water. Duh.

Hydrogen engines are not without merit. Storage of hydrogen at very high pressures or densities is dangerous however. Duh.

The Hindenburg. Duh.

Who knows why he was shot but the fossil fuel industry doesn’t care about water powered cars.

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    Cops RUSH Active Shooter - YouTube

I think this video does a better job than I could of relaying what I would safely assume is a majority opinion among law enforcement. We actually studied this incident and others during our CQB and Active Shooter training. The commentary is on point

My key takeaways (generalized):
    -Patrol Division will almost always be first on scene, and patrol officers and deputies are not equipped to the level of SRT/SWAT. This has very meaningful impacts on tactics.

-The odds that even one responding officer has intimate knowledge of even part of the facility is very, very low. You are likely going in completely cold for building layout and the presence of subjects on site.
    Nice video.

What the point is about not knowing the layout of the facility? What does that have to do with the decision about whether or not to enter? They need to wait for a map of a gridded layout of a school while people are getting shot? Historically almost all of these active shooter deals, especially in schools, are committed by a single untrained kid. Why not play the odds and make that assumption and go in there with at least 2 or 3 guys with long guns? But, perhaps the officers in that town are simply of the rent-a-cop variety.

Here's an interesting account from the off-duty BP agent:

Border Patrol agent who raced into Uvalde school speaks out on 'Ingraham' - YouTube

Incidentally, Hollywood did a perspective on this dilemma, so perhaps we've been mind-programmed emotionally rush in and be heroes, ignorant and not thinking of the risks:

Hue City FMJ - YouTube

Of interest: Family of late Clinton advisor Mark Middleton block release of files relating to his suicide | Daily Mail Online

'He died from a self-inflicted shotgun wound to the chest. He found a tree and he pulled a table over there, and he got on that table, and he took an extension cord and put it around a limb, put it around his neck and he shot himself in the chest with a shotgun.
    Of further interest:

Documents from Middleton's probate file show that he had $200,000 in assets, including $100,000 worth of property.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    This is why so many of us have begun to paint teachers, bureaucrats, academics, scientists, doctors etc. with a broad brush.
    We see this sort of thing so often the broad stereotype has become accurate.
    Yes, we know there are great teachers, doctors, professors, but until you speak out strongly enough to separate yourself from the stereotype, you will have to deal with the negative perceptions afflicting your profession.
    CDC retracts mask guidance for monkeypox after backlash | America'''s Frontline Doctors

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    “Water powered cars” have been around for a long time. I saw a demo of a car that drove from Los Angeles to San Francisco on less than a gallon. Every water molecule has two hydrogen atoms which are very reactive. Disassociating (breaking the bonds) hydrogen from oxygen takes a lot of energy. The demo used an arc welder powered by a Diesel engine in the truck bed to produce the hydrogen from the water. Duh.

Hydrogen engines are not without merit. Storage of hydrogen at very high pressures or densities is dangerous however. Duh.

The Hindenburg. Duh.

Who knows why he was shot but the fossil fuel industry doesn’t care about water powered cars.
    Musk is of the belief that hydrogen fuel cells are extremely inefficient.
    Elon Musk On Hydrogen Fuel Cell EV (2015 & 2022) @Hyliion - YouTube

I found this rather interesting. I can relate to all they are saying.
    Consequences for not doing the ?right thing? (Neil Oliver and Bret Weinstein) - YouTube

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post

The Hindenburg. Duh.

I agree with you re hydrogen engines, still found it odd that he drove 200 miles to go on a shooting spree (the reason given is that's where his research led him to believe, will be a maximum number of African people?)