starting strength gym
Page 2232 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 12321732213221822222223022312232223322342242228223322732 ... LastLast
Results 22,311 to 22,320 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    CThe debate about human nature and membership in the human community has been steered away from the elites back to political/legislative debate by the people.

That’s not a good thing? What’s the problem?
    Oh, I don’t have a problem with the ruling in the context of states’ rights, and/or giving the people of the state the choice to make the laws they want in their state. I’m all for that.

My point was reaffirming what David.Lewis was pointing out. The result of the ruling now gives states the choice for one more government (albeit at the state level) mandate: that one must give birth if pregnant. The fallout from this is pretty clear: we’re going to have a whole bunch of unwanted kids in this country… many, many more than we have now. The religious right arguing against abortion don’t actually care after the baby is born, they just want it born.

The reasons for this date back very far, as you noted, but let’s not act like it’s for all the right reasons. The Catholic Church, and other religious businesses, know that it’s much easier to indoctrinate into the church than it is to recruit new customers. “Get ‘em while they’re young,” might as well be the motto of the Catholic Church in theory and practice. There is a reason why religious oriented adoption centers ensure that the adopting families practice the same faith: because one day that kid will grow up to also contribute 10% of his paycheck to the church.

So, getting back to David’s point, this isn’t about the innocence of children. This isn’t about the sanctity of life. As he put it, “This is about exploiting the very real innocence of children for evil political purposes.” And that’s exactly right. We now either deal with the fallout from all these extra unwanted assholes that’ll be running around in 18 years, OR we ask the state to fund them and take care of them. And we all know exactly how this will work in the end…

Impact of The Supreme Court 2A Decision On Magazine & "Assault Weapon" Bans!!! - YouTube

This feels like the sticking point. Will the judiciary members and bureaucrats in state and federal governments honor the decision in full, reject it in full or will it be partial compliance? Obviously, only the first will uphold the rule of law, and up until now it has been covered up by executive and regulatory bloat. Now that so many more are paying attention, will the government under Leftist control provide increasingly egregious examples of their lawlessness in the face of the growing, full-spectrum public resistance and expected voter backlash?

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    The abortion crazed populace will be energized and gladly hand Kathy Hochul her first elected term.
    I can see having an abortion becoming a "rite of passage" for leftist women -- membership in the club, as it were. Maybe it already is.

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    Frank, the Catholic Church has had no political influence since Vatican II, which was part of its purpose. As for the rest of your dismal comment, we're pretty tired of this nonsense. For millennia, the Church has ministered to the poor of all kinds. It kept cities alive when secular republicanism swept through Europe turning the destitute out into the streets. Try telling this to the kids Don Bosco saved. We know about the problems. We know the reasons and we know why nothing has been done about it. We know.

But, again, I have to say, given the corruption that flows from all other kinds of sewers in this sick society, public schools for just one example, the stones in glass houses quip isn't far from my mind.
    I'm with Satch on this. Everybody knows I am not even a Christian, but given the fact that there are no pristine structures functioning within this fucked-up society, the RCC -- taken as a whole -- provides stability, comfort, and sustenance to hundreds of millions of people. These days it is necessary to lower your standards to accommodate reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    Your examples are really strange, but let's try to run them. Abortion being "banned" is a decent financial incentive to pull out.
    They're not strange at all.

I don't know where republicans got this idea that abortion was ever used in lieu of contraception, but I guess that's the narrative they're running with. It is not a far stretch to imagine a welfare state growing out of the abortion issue. DeSantis has openly stated he supports programs, and now the governor of ND has openly stated the need for more healthcare funding. They only slightly obscure the government spending by calling them "stabilization grants".

When you abandon individual rights, you must turn to statism. You will see it, guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    Christians, and probably other unaffiliated, have been anti-abortion (term “pro-life” gets twisted) for about 2000 years.
    Church leaders have had a very tortured reading of the Bible, which doesn't mention abortion much aside from Exodus 21:22-25 (a fine for causing a miscarriage?), and Numbers 5:11-31, where a priest is supposed to perform an abortive procedure if a woman gets prego from committing adultery. Abortion was considered a sin, but not homicide. What the church was *really* opposed to was people having sexually satisfying and pleasurable experiences. The way pro lifers get around this is by focusing on other passages in the bible about the sanctity of life, wanting to turn a muddy issue into something clear and concrete. It's all very convenient for the modern *political* movement.

Quote Originally Posted by David.Lewis View Post
    I don't know where republicans got this idea that abortion was ever used in lieu of contraception, but I guess that's the narrative they're running with.
    If a woman has had 5 abortions, what do you think she is doing? This happens regularly within the demographic that receives the most abortions.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I can see having an abortion becoming a "rite of passage" for leftist women -- membership in the club, as it were. Maybe it already is.

I'm with Satch on this. Everybody knows I am not even a Christian, but given the fact that there are no pristine structures functioning within this fucked-up society, the RCC -- taken as a whole -- provides stability, comfort, and sustenance to hundreds of millions of people. These days it is necessary to lower your standards to accommodate reality.
    I guess my problem with the RCC is their continuing fight against birth control.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Kalin View Post
    I guess my problem with the RCC is their continuing fight against birth control.
    Right. They are not a pristine structure.

Further:

So neither the Pentagon nor the Department of Justice is going to follow a Supreme Court ruling that deals with states' rights. Executive agencies get to decide what legal precedents they follow. This country is no longer functioning in the way it previous has. How do the actions of this administration get rolled back?

And when do the ladies start getting pregnant intentionally so they can have an abortion?
    How else will the military maintain its levels of female enlistees? Women getting pregnant just in time to avoid deployment has been quite the scam for years. Yet, when we return from deployment she magically has no child. I saw this multiple times while in the military and even overheard, on multiple occasions, older females mentoring younger females on how to time it properly.

This is a fundamental change in the relationships between the 3 branches of government. They are trying everything they can to start a hot civil war.
    HHS is now in the Abortion Uber business… – CITIZEN FREE PRESS

starting strength coach development program
    Any ideas on how an employer will verify this “benefit”? Can a man claim he needs a few days off and expense paid trip because he’s pregnant? How about a 60 year old woman? How many per year? If there was fraud, would it be prosecuted?

No. This is all poorly conceived corporate hubris.