starting strength gym
Page 2239 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 12391739213921892229223722382239224022412249228923392739 ... LastLast
Results 22,381 to 22,390 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    And if Sweden had a female Prime Minister, they would not have sold Kurdish dissidents down the river to appease Turkey, right?

IPB

Quote Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
    This graph is extremely important. If you have noticed, with every transition to a more efficient energy source, this source does not replace the previous energy source. We utilize the new source in conjunction with the other sources.
    This was a point made back in 2009 by the Low Tech Magazine: How (not) to resolve the energy crisis - LOW-TECH MAGAZINE

IPB

Quote Originally Posted by Frank_B View Post
    With abortions, the distinction is that the individual parent decides what’s best for the baby (and perhaps her own body) based on any number of circumstances. Being forced to give birth by the state is just as heinous as being forced to have your baby killed as it removes any and all choice a parent may have.
    You're not being forced to give birth. Birth is the inevitable end state of pregnancy. If you throw a ball in the air, it will come down without intervention. If you get pregnant, you will give birth without intervention.

You cannot be forced to have a baby without being forcibly impregnated first. The state is not doing the forcible impregnation, therefore they are not doing any consequential actions from that. Ergo there is no obtuse point for libertarians to make themselves looks stupid over.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan DCNT View Post
    Abortion is the least impactful method of eugenics. If you're in favor of eugenics, there are far more effective methods.

The philosophical dilemma of abortion isn't whether a fetus is a life or not (it clearly is), but which takes precedence: the fetus as a life, or the fetus as part of a woman's body. Pro-lifers would say the former, and pro-choicers (if arguing in earnest) would say the latter. Stating that a fetus isn't a human life just makes you look retarded.

Pregnancies from rape and incest, and ectopic pregnancies, are so rare that they shouldn't even be part of the discussion. When people are talking about abortion, they are talking about terminating a pregnancy that resulted from a woman having voluntary intercourse with a man, without being on birth control, and without using prophylactics, with the common knowledge that this could lead to conception.

It's interesting that the pro-abortion stance is labelled as "pro-choice" but the "choice" doesn't include the woman's choice to engage in intercourse, nor the fetus' choice to not be terminated.

With that said, child sacrifice has been a mainstay of numerous judaic cultures, so why should modern America be any different?

Just another bloke with 'views' on woman's matters. What about the 'choice' of the bloke who also engages in intercourse? Easy for you to simply put the responsibility wholely on the female. The difference is it's the female left standing jobless with a friggin baby while the male is off to find his next root.

The philosophical dilemma of abortion isn't whether a fetus is a life or not (it clearly is), but which takes precedence: the fetus as a life, or the fetus as part of a woman's body. Pro-lifers would say the former, and pro-choicers (if arguing in earnest) would say the latter. Stating that a fetus isn't a human life just makes you look retarded.
    I’ve never concerned myself much with these arbitrary definitions, but a fetus at 9 weeks is clearly less “human” than one at 9 months.

Nevertheless, my point is still this: The anti-abortion crowd thinks that a woman incapable of making good decisions so as to keep herself from getting pregnant is somehow qualified to responsibly raise a child for 18 years.

This is important, because the people who want these women to produce babies aren’t going to do fuck all to help. If they do, it’s going to come in the form of more and more welfare. What better way to turn this entire nation into a subsidized state than to put a whole shitload of extra welfare benefits into the hands of a whole generation of children!?

Again, I maintain my stance. We’re paying for this in one way or another. People don’t seem to want to acknowledge that.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    What are your thoughts on this report that paints the reactors as more efficient, but more unpredictable and more hazardous:
    "Advanced" Isn't Always Better | Union of Concerned Scientists
    It’s a good summary report. There are a few details I think aren’t correct but I am not an expert on nuclear power. In either case, the take away is risk vs. reward. And, while political types want to say “no risk”, that’s fiction. Furthermore, as we discussed a few months back is that science in the real world, is often biased, sometimes dishonest, and occasionally fraudulent.

Israel caught hiding children'''s vaccine injuries | America'''s Frontline Doctors

Children aged 5-11 are suffering vaccine injuries, including neurological adverse events, at about 6 times the rate of 12-17 year old children.

Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    You're not being forced to give birth. Birth is the inevitable end state of pregnancy. If you throw a ball in the air, it will come down without intervention. If you get pregnant, you will give birth without intervention.
    Have you heard of Spontaneous Miscarriage? Happens all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by markus1 View Post
    Just another bloke with 'views' on woman's matters. What about the 'choice' of the bloke who also engages in intercourse? Easy for you to simply put the responsibility wholely on the female. The difference is it's the female left standing jobless with a friggin baby while the male is off to find his next root.
    And what about the blake (pronouncing it for you) who is assured by his loving partner that she is using contraception, and who is then surprised by a child for whom he is now responsible for 18 years. Happens all the time.

__________________________________________________ ___________

An interesting poll: A quarter of Americans open to taking up arms against government, poll says | Biden administration | The Guardian

The Guardian is still repeating the propaganda that Jan. 6 was a "deadly attack" on the mighty US Government.

Quote Originally Posted by markus1 View Post
    Just another bloke with 'views' on woman's matters. What about the 'choice' of the bloke who also engages in intercourse? Easy for you to simply put the responsibility wholely on the female.
    I identify as a female.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank_B View Post
    What better way to turn this entire nation into a subsidized state than to put a whole shitload of extra welfare benefits into the hands of a whole generation of children!?

Again, I maintain my stance. We’re paying for this in one way or another. People don’t seem to want to acknowledge that.
    Seems arbitrary to make this argument in defense of terminating fetuses, and not extend the age range to 1 year olds on welfare, 6 year olds on welfare, or 48 year olds on welfare.

Pregnancies from rape and incest, and ectopic pregnancies, are so rare that they shouldn't even be part of the discussion. When people are talking about abortion, they are talking about terminating a pregnancy that resulted from a woman having voluntary intercourse with a man, without being on birth control, and without using prophylactics, with the common knowledge that this could lead to conception.
    That's definitely a more sane view than "Rape is cool, just sit back and enjoy it" and "women can choose whether or not they want to accept the semens." You should quit your day job and consult for the dipshit politicians representing your views. Their evil is being broadcast to the entire globe.

starting strength coach development program
    Miscarriage and ectopic pregnancies are, to my knowledge, not the subject of laws regarding abortion. I believe only one state that makes getting an abortion a crime -- most place the criminal act on the individuals performing it.

Vasectomies and pills are never full-proof, though I am fine with people choosing to sterilize themselves. Make some room in the gene pool for my children and grandchildren to grow and prosper.