starting strength gym
Page 2264 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 12641764216422142254226222632264226522662274231423642764 ... LastLast
Results 22,631 to 22,640 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Afrourned View Post
    You appear to have missed the context of what I wrote in that post. The reason I talked about women's right to vote was not to rank the United States comparatively to other countries. It was to point out how much the world has changed over the passed 100 years. I could also easily point out that there are still people alive today who drank from separate water fountains than the "colored folk". I don't want to go back and live in the world that existed 100 years ago. I would prefer to see continued progress.

Let's forget for a part about the supposed voter fraud. Normally one would require some evidence of this happening, but I guess we will just have to wait for that "my pillow" guy to show it to us. I also don't recall saying anything about the "bodies strewn on the steps of the Capitol". However you seem to be suggesting that nothing occurred on January 6th. I'm guessing your perspective of the situation would be quite different if black lives matter showed up on the steps of the Capitol. But once again, you can believe what you want, I'm not trying to change your opinion.

With that said, what was the context of what the man was saying in regards to this not being the same country he fought for. Was he fighting for progress in the country, or was he fighting for a country where colored boys weren't allowed to drink from the same water fountain as him? I watched the video several times and honestly couldn't tell you. The truth is you can't tell me either. It appears as though you are just blindly accepting propaganda so you can make your own truths.

BTW, it is also readily obvious that you were merely copying someone else's response to me which also missed the point. Maybe learn to think for yourself in your arguments before posting your next wikipedia link.
    See, black lives matter did exactly that. They just didn’t do it at the capitol. Their destruction was much more random and, well, destructive.

You appear to have missed the context of what I wrote in that post. The reason I talked about women's right to vote was not to rank the United States comparatively to other countries. It was to point out how much the world has changed over the passed 100 years. I could also easily point out that there are still people alive today who drank from separate water fountains than the "colored folk". I don't want to go back and live in the world that existed 100 years ago. I would prefer to see continued progress.

Let's forget for a part about the supposed voter fraud. Normally one would require some evidence of this happening, but I guess we will just have to wait for that "my pillow" guy to show it to us. I also don't recall saying anything about the "bodies strewn on the steps of the Capitol". However you seem to be suggesting that nothing occurred on January 6th. I'm guessing your perspective of the situation would be quite different if black lives matter showed up on the steps of the Capitol. But once again, you can believe what you want, I'm not trying to change your opinion.

With that said, what was the context of what the man was saying in regards to this not being the same country he fought for. Was he fighting for progress in the country, or was he fighting for a country where colored boys weren't allowed to drink from the same water fountain as him? I watched the video several times and honestly couldn't tell you. The truth is you can't tell me either. It appears as though you are just blindly accepting propaganda so you can make your own truths.

BTW, it is also readily obvious that you were merely copying someone else's response to me which also missed the point. Maybe learn to think for yourself in your arguments before posting your next wikipedia link.
    So, tell me what happened in Antrim County, MI where the Dominion machines changed 30% of the vote to FJB, and the next day the good people here said wtf and did a manual recount of all 18,000 votes. The response from Dominion et al was "oops, somethin went awry." Yeah, right. Not buying it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Girlfriend of armed citizen says he pushed her to safety before engaging mall shooter - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Dr. Deborah Birx: Dr. Birx Praises Herself While Revealing Ignorance, Treachery, and Deceit ⋆ Brownstone Institute

By her own admission:

... Ever since Vice President Pence told me to do what I needed to do
    Ultimately, Pence was a gross failure. Why did he blindly trust her?

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    It is. He is able to hold it together for the videos in which he addresses an imaginary public alone, though not always, but as soon as there is a live conversation with anyone else, he tears up in no time. The poor guy.
    I have a friend from Jersey so I'm immune. She's a cool chick but oh my god that Fran Drescher voice kills me. But she's cool. So I deal. I figure if I can deal with that I can listen to anyone. Wonder if he's on some kind of meds that do that shit? Either way, I still think he has a lot of good stuff to say even if he has acted a bit like a spaz lately. We can't be gold all the time.

This is so...what's the word...bottled. Pre-packaged. Yeah, the world changed, it's always gonna change but whether it's good or bad for you depends on who you are and what you want. Race is complex as fuck. Those fountains didn't represent much more than what the handicapped fountains now do- some bureaucrat's way of making shit look like they think the money men want it to look. I live in the neighborhood where The Help was filmed. Brent's, where they filmed some scenes, is a short jaunt from my home. Past is present down here and your characterization is very self serving. 100 years ago was also a high trust society where a guy could run a tab at the general store and trust that his kid wasn't getting beat up by gangbangers walking to school. The majority of America looked very similar to what you only find in small rural towns now. You knew where your food came from and the lunch lady always fed that one kid whose parents didn't. And all that bad shit you think is in the past is still here in ways, it always will be. Go to a bodega in NY and tell me the Korean guy isn't racist and hassling the black guy. That's just people. And there are still some women who probably shouldn't vote. I think we both know what the man was talking about. You tell me, look around this country and tell me what your hopes for your kids are. Because right now, I have a hard time picturing my kids being able to buy a home in a safe neighborhood in a major city. I can't recommend they go to a four-year college. Progress, movement forward, is not always the most preferable direction. The point of real conservatism is to hold what you have that's precious. Don't change the base. And progress is not necessarily connected. We could have progress in medical tools without the current insurance scam we have now. Your thinking just looks so pedestrian, so one-dimensional.

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    Ultimately, Pence was a gross failure. Why did he blindly trust her?
    Pence is one creepy dude. I'm guessing they've got a shit ton of dirt on him too. But that won't stop him from getting the GOP nomination for president.

Quote Originally Posted by mkm5 View Post
    Pence is one creepy dude. I'm guessing they've got a shit ton of dirt on him too. But that won't stop him from getting the GOP nomination for president.
    How many primaries do you think he can win against DeSantis? I think maybe none.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    How many primaries do you think he can win against DeSantis? I think maybe none.
    It will be interesting, but I agree, we'll see what the state media spin does for the POS.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    I have a friend from Jersey so I'm immune. She's a cool chick but oh my god that Fran Drescher voice kills me. But she's cool. So I deal. I figure if I can deal with that I can listen to anyone. Wonder if he's on some kind of meds that do that shit? Either way, I still think he has a lot of good stuff to say even if he has acted a bit like a spaz lately. We can't be gold all the time.
    He was on benzos, so he went to Russia as Covid started to do some weird therapy where they put him in an induced coma to come off the meds. It didn’t work, so he went to Serbia for additional treatment, no idea what they did to him there, but he’s been as whiny as a Serbian grandma afterwards. They treated him like 200 miles from where I live, so I know what those grandmas are like. He is supposed to be off the meds now.

To hell with that baby, it goes right out with the bathwater.

starting strength coach development program
    Your federal government at work: Vaccine Propaganda Alert… This should be illegal… – CITIZEN FREE PRESS

If you "vaccinate" your child for a disease that does not affect children, and the child has an adverse reaction to the "vaccine," what interesting way will you use to blame somebody else? Was it Trump's fault?

And this is really a Bee story, except that it's not, presented in full for your enjoyment: Children at risk of Monkeypox by end of the year - Euro Weekly News

Children at risk of Monkeypox by end of the year unless 4 times the amount of vaccinations are rolled out in Britain to halt the spread.
    Public health experts have estimated that 200,000 vaccine doses will be necessary in order to control the spread of the virus. This is 4 times the 50,000 vaccine doses currently on order.

The UK has already seen almost 2000 cases of monkeypox in recent weeks and months, and cases are believed to be doubling every 2 weeks.

Monkeypox is a relatively rare disease which shows up as a rash. It can often be confused with chickenpox. Raised spots turn into small fluid-filled blisters which eventually form scabs and fall off as part of the healing process. Monkeypox can be prevented by vaccines used against smallpox due to the genetic similarity of the viruses.

The majority of cases in the UK and in America have been identified in gay men. Many members of the LGBTQ community are concerned that these statistics will lead to the stigmatisation of the virus and prevent those at risk or suffering from Monkeypox from seeking out the medical treatment that they need.

Former head of the US covid task force, Dr Deborah Birx, has commented that “If you’re at a gay bar and you’re dancing, then there is a risk of infection”, despite the virus being transmitted through physical contact rather than busting a move on the dance floor.

Britons are concerned that monkeypox will spread to children, in whom the symptoms of the virus could be more severe, due to the insufficient number of vaccine doses available. A class of school children were sent home last Thursday after one child came into contact with a monkeypox case.

Parents were advised to refrain from hugging or coming into close contact with their children. As a result, the vaccinations are now being extended to the young population as well as to adults.
    They will say and do ANYTHING to hang on to their new powers of control over the normies.

AND, do not live in New York: Jose Alba Murder Charge Dropped. It Never Should Have Been Filed.

Additional surveillance footage shows Simon's girlfriend telling Alba that Simon was about to come in and "fuck [him] up." And while the fight was ongoing, she can be seen stabbing Alba—although no charges have been filed against her, including for unlawful possession of a weapon.

Bragg has certainly done the right thing by dismissing the charge against Alba. But the decision to pursue one at all runs contrary to the beliefs of the self-styled progressive prosecutor, who claims to understand that, so often, the process is the punishment.

Nothing demonstrates that amnesia better than a meeting he had last week with the United Bodegas of America, during which he reportedly said he wasn't sure "why people [were] jumping to conclusions" about his decision to pursue Alba for murder. I would argue that's because Bragg's office sent the 61-year-old to Rikers Island, originally sought a $500,000 bond to keep him there, and charged him with murder. It's not a mystery.