starting strength gym
Page 227 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 1271772172252262272282292372773277271227 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,270 of 30039

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Do you think they've started capping the higher cost wells yet? Any idea on that timeline? I figured that last week may have been THE last week before severe closures of industry sectors was necessary. Crude oil production was what I picked for the strongest indicator of the point of no return.
    Yes wells are being shut in...

Provo traffic was normal for a Sunday. Called my brother—same in Salt Lake. Called Doug—same in northern Utah County. I never thought I’d be glad to see traffic backed up again.

Utah is DONE with this absurd, elitist time-out that has lingered longer than a fart on prom night.

I watched The Hunger Games tonight with the family. Couldn’t have been more appropriate portraying these out-of-touch, elitist assholes who get off destroying lives. How many Rues have to die to appease the intellectual’s models?

Bruno and Lazy—piss off. Math is hard and you don’t understand life, let alone kindergarten arithmetic.

A political friend sent this article which pretty much sums it all up.

https://www.realclearmarkets.com/art...rk_490025.html

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Berry View Post
    Heroes.

No joke.

sb
    It is a joke, just not a funny one. I will never understand how anyone can sit here and say this is okay. But there are a lot of things people say that I will never understand.

Quote Originally Posted by ltomo View Post
    That being said, my grandmother was not able to be with him when he passed. They let her in the day before when they knew it was almost time, but no other family was able to see him since they put him into hospice two weeks ago. I didn't ask grandma, but I have a feeling she would have risked catching the corona virus for the chance to be with her husband when he died.
    I read this several times and I'm at a loss. I am sorry that your grandmother was subjected to that experience.

Quote Originally Posted by mpalios View Post
    Robert, I am assuming you're referring to Fauci here. If yes, do you actually have the quotes from him? I asked Rip earlier and he didn't have them, but did recall them.
    I'm referring to both Fauci and Fergusson. Which quotes are you referring to?

NYC has had 11,000 Covid deaths.

Tokyo, the World's largest and densest city, has had 93.

NYC is locked down.

Tokyo was never locked down.

Both have had the virus for the same amount of time.

Why is NYC's death rate 250 times higher than Tokyo's?

Quote Originally Posted by ltomo View Post
    My grandpa died last Sunday. Not of Covid, just of being 92 years old. Thankfully he was living in a smaller Wisconsin community that has minimal cases. The funeral director bent the rules and allowed children, grandchildren, and spouses to have a viewing and small funeral over the weekend.

I'm very thankful he passed away later into this pandemic. I'm fine with grandparents dying, but it was nice to be able to see the body and get together with the family. I doubt we could have done that if he died a few weeks earlier.

That being said, my grandmother was not able to be with him when he passed. They let her in the day before when they knew it was almost time, but no other family was able to see him since they put him into hospice two weeks ago. I didn't ask grandma, but I have a feeling she would have risked catching the corona virus for the chance to be with her husband when he died.

Frustrating stuff, but it makes me feel for those people in places with even harsher lockdown regulations who weren't even able to do what my family did.
    The more I look at this, the madder I get. What kind of inhuman sacks of dogshit do this to another human being? "Ve vere only followink ordahs." Subhuman motherfucking scum, more in love with authority than with compassion, honor, decency, and good. It would be wonderful if there actually was a Hell, for the people responsible for this. A reckoning, we promise.

Things are different now.

This entire episode has been an alternative version of Heller's Catch-22. The government can never admit to being/doing wrong. To do so would open up the floodgates on questioning the integrity of every decision made by the courts in the past and future, undermining the entire framework. The same can be said for the media. Their assumed role is as forebearers of truth. We accept the biases, but what would we do if they actually admitted to being wrong? Where would we turn to? Dissent would ensue. Anarchy would rear it's head. The wheels have been set and the momentum has been established. To stand up against local government takes a certain amount of fortitude that's uncommon in this day of comfort and convenience. There is nothing to do but let the events run their course.

This is what the people wanted.

This shit makes me ashamed I ever wore a badge.

I cannot fathom how cops today can reconcile the political correctness they are subjected to in not hurting the feelings of anyone and then turn about and become the VoPos surveilleing businesses and fucking with people like this.

In other news, I understand Harrisburg, IL is getting ready to foment a general mutiny against Gauleiter Pritzker. Harrisburg considers proposal to open up retail in defiance of stay-at-home order | Government and Politics | thesouthern.com

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Santana View Post

I'm referring to both Fauci and Fergusson. Which quotes are you referring to?
    Robert, did you have quotes from Fauci from his miscalculation of HIV a couple of decades ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    The more I look at this, the madder I get. What kind of inhuman sacks of dogshit do this to another human being? "Ve vere only followink ordahs." Subhuman motherfucking scum, more in love with authority than with compassion, honor, decency, and good. It would be wonderful if there actually was a Hell, for the people responsible for this. A reckoning, we promise.

Things are different now.
    I think I wrote this about 50 pages ago, and it got lost in the lazy/Bruno fiasco. A buddy's dad died in NYC, 92yo with COPD, and got covid. Passed away alone in the hospital. None in his family was able to be with him or properly able to say goodbye. If that had happened to me (not allowed to be there when my mom/dad passed), that's something that *I* would not recover from, and that emotional damage and trauma would in fact get passed down to my kids.

IMO (you guys can talk all the dollars/jobs you want, but) THIS issue is what angers me the most. It is unacceptable on every level.

starting strength coach development program
    A good article on the shortfalls of modeling:

Why No COVID-19 Models Have Been Accurate, And How To Fix That