starting strength gym
Page 228 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 1281782182262272282292302382783287281228 ... LastLast
Results 2,271 to 2,280 of 30039

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Interesting read regarding the spread and severity of the virus in US prisons.

In four U.S. state prisons, nearly 3,300 inmates test positive for coronavirus -- 96% without symptoms - Reuters

Notably "Marion Correctional Institution, which houses 2,500 prisoners in north central Ohio, many of them older with pre-existing health conditions. After testing 2,300 inmates for the coronavirus, they were shocked. Of the 2,028 who tested positive, close to 95% had no symptoms."

It was bound to happen:

Can Estrogen and Other Sex Hormones Help Men Survive Covid-19? - The New York Times

Estrogen trails for men as covid therapy. Any volunteers?

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy Rich View Post
    NYC has had 11,000 Covid deaths.

Tokyo, the World's largest and densest city, has had 93.

NYC is locked down.

Tokyo was never locked down.

Both have had the virus for the same amount of time.

Why is NYC's death rate 250 times higher than Tokyo's?
    It is odd, and warrants some explaining.

But saying Tokyo/Japan hasn't locked down isn't exactly honest.
    Recently declared a state of emergency country wide.
    The government is legally allowed/equipment to mandate and/or enforce any kind of lockdown.
    But they can kid of "ask" or alert citizen's to do certain things, which, they are doing by and large.

Many local conventions, sporting events, festivals, entertainment venues, etc. have voluntarily cancelled or have been postponed.

"boots on the ground" video of a what was a popular booming redlight district area.
    IOW: its dead there.

YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Thank you, Dr. Fauci. This is the kind of shit that makes me very mad. I won't be past it soon.

I saw it for $1.28 today. Most of the stripper wells are shut in right now. The problem is that the big expensive frack-job wells do not shut in without damage to the formation they are producing. I don't know that much about it, and maybe somebody reading the board can confirm this, but I think this is the reason the futures price went negative last week -- it's so expensive to shut down an unconventional black shale well that it's worth the immediate loss of margin on the product to preserve the hole.
    According to the local news up here, Continental stopped all drilling in the Bakken formation last week and shut in "most" of its wells last week after WTI went negative. And Whiting, who's one of their competitors, is filing Chapter 11. Saw a quote that it will cost about $50K per well to get them back in production. I think they all got hit particularly hard because they didn't hedge their 2020 production forecast at all. There was some talk of building more storage capacity up there so they could hold on to what they were producing but it doesn't sound like that's going to happen now.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Santana View Post
    It is a joke, just not a funny one. I will never understand how anyone can sit here and say this is okay. But there are a lot of things people say that I will never understand.
    I shoot from the hip a lot, and I have been accused of being glib, once or twice. I looked into this just a little. While reading the article some things stood out to me, the craziest one was the COVID Police Task force. The Google results when you type that in are eye-opening. Anonymous tip to the Laredo CPTS started this deal. Snitches, saving us from ourselves.

Seriously, these two women who got arrested for trying to make money with their established businesses are, in fact, accidental heroes. They don't even know it. They just wanted to pay bills. Hopefully, somewhere along the line a judge has two brain cells to rub together and throws it out. Something has to happen to make this right.

This incident and who knows how many millions more NEED to happen.

On the other end, the way we are treating each other; snitching, not allowing people to be with loved ones in their waning moments, finger wagging and shaming are heart breaking to me. More people are going to get to the ANGER part of this grieving over loss of liberty soon, I hope.

sb

Woodside, CA (aka The San Francisco Bay Area or as I like to call it, the belly of the beast)

One of the unintended consequences of this shit is that we are all having a conversation now that nobody in the government intended for us to have. They have shown everyone their quality, and people who had previously never considered it are beginning to realize that these incompetent and power-mad fools are destroying our society for reasons they cannot explain to rational people. They are minting a whole new batch of libertarians.
    Hopefully we can get enough support for Article V Convention of States

COSAction

Another interesting article regarding excess mortality deaths across the world comparing countries and cities against one another

Global coronavirus death toll could be 60% higher than reported | Free to read | Financial Times

It certainly to some extent helps eliminate under/over counting COVID 19 related deaths and the value of a strict lockdown to protect "life"

And so much for Prof. Neil Ferguson's comparison of Stockholm to New York as oppose to say London, UK.

Excess mortality increase:

+ 299% (New York)
    + 96% (London)
    + 75% (Stockholm)

In fact looking at the latest available data for Week 15 (04/04 to 04/10) the total number of deaths from all causes:

England & Wales -18,516 (+76% increase on the last 5 year average)
    VS
    Sweden - 2,477 (+40% increase on the last 5 year average)

The more I look at this, the madder I get. What kind of inhuman sacks of dogshit do this to another human being? "Ve vere only followink ordahs." Subhuman motherfucking scum, more in love with authority than with compassion, honor, decency, and good. It would be wonderful if there actually was a Hell, for the people responsible for this. A reckoning, we promise.

Things are different now.
    What do you think a reckoning will look like? I am hopeful that a tide can change and make sure this crap doesn't happen again, but I am failing to come up with how that might play out.

I'm afraid that most peoples' apathy will slowly seep in and we'll be right back where we were before all this mess.

Today’s UK asymmetry, BBC news:

Health Secretary Matt Hancock says 82 NHS staff and 16 care workers have also died from coronavirus.

"They have dedicated their lives to caring for others, and I have a deep personal sense of duty that we must care for their loved ones," he adds.

The health secretary announces a "life assurance scheme" for NHS and frontline staff.

He says the family of staff who die from coronavirus will receive a £60,000 payment.

He adds: "Nothing replaces the loss of loved one but we want to do everything we can for their grieving families."

Question Mr. Hancock “What about compensation for the death of loved ones caused by the government’s reaction to coronavirus eg. Suicides, undiagnosed future cancer fatalities?

There should be riots. But there won’t be. An utter disgrace.

Our Government has not only has decided who is essential and non-essential, it has decided by this policy whose grief and pain is worthy or not. Sorry, but YOU BUNCH OF CUNTS.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by johnst_nhb View Post
    What do you think a reckoning will look like? I am hopeful that a tide can change and make sure this crap doesn't happen again, but I am failing to come up with how that might play out.

I'm afraid that most peoples' apathy will slowly seep in and we'll be right back where we were before all this mess.
    I don't know. Depends on how many and how mad they are.