starting strength gym
Page 2283 of 3018 FirstFirst ... 12831783218322332273228122822283228422852293233323832783 ... LastLast
Results 22,821 to 22,830 of 30180

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by francesco.decaro View Post
    I still think it's stupid to call them aliens. Americans are the only ones who use that term. Do THEY come from Mars?
    What term do the Italians use?

I'm glad you got it all out.
    I still think it's stupid to call them aliens. Americans are the only ones who use that term. Do THEY come from Mars?
    Alien is a well defined term. Same as male or female. It’s unfortunate that people find these terms derogatory or hurtful. The politically correct versions , undocumented worker, or transgendered, falsely describes reality. Once we accept these false or arbitrary concepts, we open the door for profiteers, corrupt politicians, and garbage media.

Eating Too Much Protein Makes Pee a Problem Pollutant in the U.S. - Scientific American

Protein-packed diets add excess nitrogen to the environment through urine, rivaling pollution from agricultural fertilizers
    Isn't it interesting how almost over night, Globohomo has gone into full freak-out mode over nitrogen?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    What term do the Italians use?
    Illegal immigrants, pretty straight forward.
    I don't know if politicians are changing that somehow, I don't listen to them.

When I was younger they used "clandestine" a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    When we overconsume protein—whether it comes from lentils, supplements or steak—our body breaks the excess down into urea, a nitrogen-containing compound that exits the body via urine and ultimately ends up in sewage. Maya Almaraz, a biogeochemist at the University of California, Davis, and her colleagues wanted to see how much of this nitrogen is being flushed into the U.S. sewage system because of a protein-heavy diet. The researchers combined population data and previous work on how much excess protein the average American eats and found that the majority of nitrogen pollution present in wastewater—some 67 to 100 percent—is a by-product of what people consume. “We think a lot about sewage nitrogen. We know that’s an issue,” Almaraz says. “But I didn’t know how much of that is actually affected by the choices we’re making way upstream—when we go the grocery store, when we cook a meal and what we end up putting in our bodies.”
    "Scientific American" is neither scientific or American, and hasn't been in a very long time.

Illegal immigrants, pretty straight forward.
    I don't know if politicians are changing that somehow, I don't listen to them.

When I was younger they used "clandestine" a lot more.
    Well, "alien" is American English for "illegal immigrant" in Italian.

"Scientific American" is neither scientific or American, and hasn't been in a very long time.

Well, "alien" is American English for "illegal immigrant" in Italian.
    What is the american english for "illegal immigrant" then? Cause "alien" also means extraterrastrial, and there is a de-humanizing connotation to it. I don't know how you cannot see it. Some people think "woman" is a term used to define biological women AND transexual biological men. People can use words for all purposes and give it different meanings.
    I was reading the first pages of "Brave New World" and the words "gay", "pussy" and "cock" came in the same sentence, and they all meant something different from now. Is this what happened with "alien"?
    When did the term start getting used? That might solve my animosity towards it.

The term "alien" only became associated with extraterrestrials after the warp drive was invented by Zephraim Cochrane and the Vulcans were discovered. Prior to that, the term has always meant "a person from another country who is not a citizen of the country he is in now." In France, I am an alien, and I am not offended -- it's better to not be a Frenchman. The French feel the same way about Italians, as does most of Europe.

But if an extraterrestrial alien wants in, I think we should let him in. He's done much more than just wade a river to get here, and he has no way of actually knowing the law.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    When protein consumption outpaces physiologic protein demands, excess amino acids are degraded in the human body and nitrogen (N) is excreted and released to the environment, mainly in the form of urea. Such excess reactive N can enter downstream environments, thereby impairing human and ecosystem health as well as contributing to economic losses. We show that matching protein consumption with physiologic requirements would reduce US hydrologic N losses to aquatic ecosystems by 12% and overall (atmospheric and hydrologic) N losses to ecosystems by 4%.
    This is remarkably stupid. Reactive N (Nr) includes a number of compounds, not just ammonia (NH3) from dietary protein, but also nitrate (NO3) and its metabolite nitrite (NO2). Leafy green vegetables are the main dietary source of nitrate. Their dietary propaganda would probably promote prediabetes and increase levels of blood urea nitrogen.

Victor Lafay quits Tour, cites mystery illness which hampers respiration

“It is impossible to breathe. I talked to others in the peloton, there are many who have it. Jonathan Castroviejo (Ineos), he told me it was the same, Pierre Rolland (B&B Hôtels KTM) too, Naesen (AG2R Citroën) who abandoned told me about it too,” Lafay explained “We are all negative to the Covid tests. So either we’re negative but we still have it, or it’s something else. We talk a lot about the Covid, but there may be something else. In any case, we all have screwed up lungs screwed up. And when the muscles are not oxygenated, after a while it can no longer work.”
    Are they really this delusional, or just too cowardly to speculate on the obvious?

starting strength coach development program
    The term "alien" only became associated with extraterrestrials after the warp drive was invented by Zephraim Cochrane and the Vulcans were discovered. Prior to that, the term has always meant "a person from another country who is not a citizen of the country he is in now." In France, I am an alien, and I am not offended -- it's better to not be a Frenchman. The French feel the same way about Italians, as does most of Europe.

But if an extraterrestrial alien wants in, I think we should let him in. He's done much more than just wade a river to get here, and he has no way of actually knowing the law.
    Well, you are a privileged white straight man, how COULD you be offended?
    Seriously though, I understand it has had this meaning in the past, but I still think it can and is used to persuade patriotic people into mindless racism and hatred. And calling them something more descriptive like "immigrants" doesn't give you the immediate idea that THEY are INVADING US.
    It would seem logical to me that the terms "immigrant" or "migrant" were invented before "alien". They actually have a source, which is the verb "to migrate". It doesn't sound like neo-liberal newspeak to me as something like "diverse citizens" would.
    These terms are not hiding the truth or distorting it, but they are merely descriptive.
    Have you ever asked a bunch of immigrants what they think about being called "aliens"?