starting strength gym
Page 229 of 3020 FirstFirst ... 1291792192272282292302312392793297291229 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,290 of 30193

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    The more I look at this, the madder I get. What kind of inhuman sacks of dogshit do this to another human being? "Ve vere only followink ordahs." Subhuman motherfucking scum, more in love with authority than with compassion, honor, decency, and good. It would be wonderful if there actually was a Hell, for the people responsible for this. A reckoning, we promise.

Things are different now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Santana View Post
    I read this several times and I'm at a loss. I am sorry that your grandmother was subjected to that experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by mpalios View Post
    I think I wrote this about 50 pages ago, and it got lost in the lazy/Bruno fiasco. A buddy's dad died in NYC, 92yo with COPD, and got covid. Passed away alone in the hospital. None in his family was able to be with him or properly able to say goodbye. If that had happened to me (not allowed to be there when my mom/dad passed), that's something that *I* would not recover from, and that emotional damage and trauma would in fact get passed down to my kids.

IMO (you guys can talk all the dollars/jobs you want, but) THIS issue is what angers me the most. It is unacceptable on every level.
    I appreciate the thoughts and I agree. This past weekend made me realize that the issue at hand is bigger than just the economy.

In a similar vein, my brother is supposed to get married down in Dallas at the beginning of June. As of right now the wedding is on, but who knows what will actually happen? It looks like Texas is opening back up, but if some mayor or city council member gets an itchy trigger finger...

Quote Originally Posted by johnst_nhb View Post
    What do you think a reckoning will look like? I am hopeful that a tide can change and make sure this crap doesn't happen again, but I am failing to come up with how that might play out.

I'm afraid that most peoples' apathy will slowly seep in and we'll be right back where we were before all this mess.
    Didn't Virginia pass some crazy gun laws about a week after the most recent cosply/2A march there?

Open defiance is the only thing that will put these assholes in place. In my mind that means opening and patronizing places that decide to open and even being there to make sure that nobody dare try to close them.

When I was a kid we would other kids who played the tough guy, but that were really all talk by grabbing onto someone nearby and yelling "Hold me back! Hold me back!".

That's what I think our governments generally see when we "protest".

Quote Originally Posted by Robin UK View Post
    Today’s UK asymmetry, BBC news:

Health Secretary Matt Hancock says 82 NHS staff and 16 care workers have also died from coronavirus.

"They have dedicated their lives to caring for others, and I have a deep personal sense of duty that we must care for their loved ones," he adds.

The health secretary announces a "life assurance scheme" for NHS and frontline staff.

He says the family of staff who die from coronavirus will receive a £60,000 payment.

He adds: Nothing replaces the loss of loved one but we want to do everything we can for their grieving families."

Question Mr. Hancock: What about compensation for the death of loved ones caused by the government’s reaction to coronavirus eg. Suicides, undiagnosed future cancer fatalities?

There should be riots. But there won’t be. An utter disgrace.

Our Government has not only has decided who is essential and non-essential, it has decided by this policy whose grief and pain is worthy or not. Sorry, but YOU BUNCH OF CUNTS.
    I read that economics book you recommended Rip, what a brilliant book. Literally, right on the money. Henry Hazlitt:

“The art of economics consists in looking not merely at the immediate but at the longer effects of any act or policy; it consists in tracing the consequences of that policy not merely for one group but for all groups”.

Clearly the UK government and Health Secretary Matt Chickencock has read this book, inverted its beautifully simple lesson and applied it. How ironic that the current self-serving custodians of democracies have issued one of the biggest middle fingers to their majorities in recent history. And many love and clap them for it. Pathetic.

Rip,

This is a very quick read, only a page long (unless you deep dive into the mountain of references). I think you will find it very eye-opening. It is from a Swiss research company and is updated every day or so.

27 April 2020
    "According to data from the best-studied countries such as South Korea, Iceland, Germany and Denmark, the overall lethality of Covid19 is between 0.1% and 0.4% and thus up to twenty times lower than initially assumed by the WHO."

25 April 2020
    "In Germany, a mask requirement was introduced in public transport and in retail outlets. The president of the World Medical Association, Frank Montgomery, has criticized this as „wrong“ and the intended use of scarves and drapes as „ridiculous“. In fact, studies show that the use of masks in everyday life does not bring measurable benefits to healthy and asymptomatic people, which is why the Swiss infectiologist Dr. Vernazza spoke of a „media hype“. Other critics speak of a symbol of „forced, publicly visible obedience“."

Facts about Covid-19 – Swiss Propaganda Research

And look at what passes for "journalism" In These Trying Times: "British Doctors Say"

Top Swedish Scientist basically says COVID-19 government reaction is stupid and the Imperial College London Model which the world was influenced by isn’t even science - it just looks complex, hence appealing. Complexity appeals to the stupid....

YouTube

The two following tweets are copied and pasted from Twitter (I dont know how to post jpegs from my phone). I think the original tweet link is also included. The 'tweeter' is a virologist, not some ham n egger....

#Sweden's #COVID19 implosion is just frightening to watch. After systematic mishandling of the #coronavirus emergency by State Epidemiologist Anders Tegnell, they are now suspending data collection to intentionally obscure the state of the disaster: https://www.svd.se/tegnell-pausar-svensk-insamling-av-coronadata

Long story short, Tegnell has suspended data collection, reasoning that it may 'cause worry in the population'. Case dynamics now looks a lot more like Italy/Spain than CA/WA.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    And look at what passes for "journalism" In These Trying Times: Access Denied
    This was brought up in today's daily UK press conference. The MSM raised it in the Q&A section and boy did the health secretary lick his lips with this one. Staged question with a staged answer to promote more fear.

And side effects among stupid people are also real: Coronavirus: Security forces kill more Nigerians than Covid-19 - BBC News

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    It was bound to happen:

Can Estrogen and Other Sex Hormones Help Men Survive Covid-19? - The New York Times

Estrogen trails for men as covid therapy. Any volunteers?
    I dropped my grapefruit habit years ago, once I learned it encouraged estrogen production. Chronicles somewhere on this board, which I thank greatly.

So no.