starting strength gym
Page 2296 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 12961796219622462286229422952296229722982306234623962796 ... LastLast
Results 22,951 to 22,960 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by francesco.decaro View Post
    Well then you shouldn't be surprised that immigration is not controlled properly nor make distinctions between republican or democratic. Having only 2 parties is not really much better than having 1 party. But this is coming from an italian after all.
    Coming from a WOP.

WOP derives from "guappo" which means swaggerer or macho, so not really an insult. But I guess americans used it to mean "cocky idiot".
    It comes from Without Papers. As in "illegal immigrant."

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    Oh, delicious.
    This one was very enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
    I haven't followed him seriously for almost a year.
    This is the first time I have heard him say such a statement....
    I would be interested in his reasoning if it is out there somewhere.
    It sounds like a greater amount of context could give us a better explanation.

Well, Mike Glover and his boys, that I had once signed onto because it looked necessary, have been designated as domestic terrorists by the FBI. Which is to say that someone, probably in Quantico or DC, put together a guide targeting people like Mike, and me, and boomers like Rip. All the zoomer kids with Hawaiian Boog shirts. In a slick sheet for wide distribution to LEAs/LEOs.

Look I know you guys hate bad cops. I hate bad cops, too. But let's stop and realize how overt this is getting. Do you think that they care about me because I'm a cop? That I lived more of my life with a security clearance than spent in grade school, served my country downrange, had a whopping ONE speeding ticket for FOUR over, or because I'm still serving my community? In some ways I have enjoyed little else as much as I have contributing here under my real name with all of you. You all are speaking truthfully in an age where we all assumed we would be "othered" for it.

Get to know some cops, guys. And some firemen, EMTs, farmers, sales clerks, truckers, etc. Know the people in your community. Go shake hands and talk to them. Resolve to defend them, and be the neighbor they'll defend. Don't let some nerd in DC who did flutterkicks and runs at the academy in Quantico recklessly provoke you into disquiet. Serve your community with a glad heart, care for people, and keep your powder dry.

If they don't lose this time in 2022 for any reason the country won't allow it. They will be fully emboldened to stop pulling punches and trying to appear as if they follow due process.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Coming from a WOP.

It comes from Without Papers. As in "illegal immigrant."
    Wikipedia says this is a misconception and that it comes from the phonetics of the word "guappo" which sound like "wop"

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    I know two guys named Klaus and George who feel very similarly about nations and their borders to how you do.
    I doubt they do. You guys are a little brainwashed into thinking anyone who is not a nationalist or patriotic is a radical left extremist or neo-marxist. I don't give a shit about politics or governments, they don't work. It's like Communism, people always think it MIGHT work if we only do it right. Well, if "we" is made up of 330 million people over millions of square miles, this is what you get.
    And I also doubt Klaus and George feel the same about fiat money or tiranny. So stop calling me shit I am not please.

Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    Finally.

Nations are in no way an abstract concept. They are a large wider community of people and communities with similar culture and ethnic stock that have been formed around semi isolated geographical locations. Borders make nations. Nations form along natural borders whether that's a river, mountain, desert or some barrier that prevents free movement of people, and over time means that people on one side live differently then the others. This is how different cultures and ethnic groups forms. It is the same way that different animal species evolve over time.

Take Italy. Why do Italy's borders stop where they do? The Italian people grew and grew as communities became cities, and cities became city states, through the expansion of power as collective political structures grew and could project power further and further. Untill it filled in all the available land. Up untill natural borders of the sea and Mountains. Over time the people here became unique and took on the quality that no-one else has. "Italian" You are Italian regardless of your physical location right now, someone who enters Italy does not become Italian anymore then someone who walks into your home does not become furniture.

Nations are just the step above communities.
    Italy is not a "community" or a "family". I've met like 100 people, over 60 million. And I've lived in a dozen different towns. And most other people here could not give a shit about me. They definetely didn't when they were bossing me around telling me to wear a mask or show a Nazipass. They only care about those they believe have power over their lives.
    Italy became a "nation" in 1861 when the royal family in Piemonte was going broke and needed land and resources, and with the help of banks (Rothschilds I believe), they financed a brutal war against the richer southern monarchy, raiding, killing and raping with the excuse of biological inferiority. And the South paid those debts for a long time. But I guess it was their own fault, right?

Ethnicity, culture, language, physical appearance do not define a nation, as they are tangible traits of a group of people. As you said, I would be "italian" even if I moved out of Italy, but at the same time I am very different from many other italians. There are very few things we actually have in common. No one guesses my nationality when I meet foreigners. They always think I'm American or Canadian. I am influenced by different communities of people, thanks to the internet mostly. Cultures mix, ethnicities mix, and languages mix as well. The American culture is a big part of Italy. Should I see this as an invasion on your part?

I agree on natural borders, which are different, many times, from map borders.
    I don't agree on centralized governments being an acceptable natural consequence of communities. The way to get to well-divided communities is the exact opposite, which is decentralizing power to the individuals and having a free market without coercion from parassites.
    What would happen if the border didn't exist and there was no government to intervene?
    I believe things would balance themselves over time, no matter what the scenario is. Having a government always means having imbalance and insecurities, because that's what a government needs to justify its existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
    I haven't followed him seriously for almost a year.
    This is the first time I have heard him say such a statement.
    Some months ago he was talking about how he was in disagreement with the “no virus” people. What this means I think is the terrain theory, recently advocated by Thomas Cowan and Andrew Kaufmann, but it is essentially an old one. It says that viruses and bacteria are not external pathogens, but remnants of cell mechanisms which the body produces to fight poisoning of the organism, by electromagnetic radiation, heavy metals and so on. In this way it goes against the widely accepted germ theory. As I said, the topic is too long to get into, plus Yeadon got with Catherine Austin Fitts, John Titus and a few others who are into what is essentially “zomg the Jews want us all on digital IDs and want to kill 90 percent of us in the next decade” (they are kind enough not to call the Jews Jews, but it is that old argument).

However, I think Yeadon is still extremely important because he keeps pointing out some impossibilities of the alleged SARSCov2 virus: respiratory viruses do not come in waves, a global respiratory virus pandemic cannot happen, the treatment protocols were designed to kill as many patients as possible and so on. Now that he has joined the terrain camp, he calls it the alleged SARSCov2 virus, which I also think is very important.

Quote Originally Posted by David.Lewis View Post
    There's something fishy going on, and has been going on for a while now. We haven't gotten the smart meter and smart thermostat sales pitch from the power company yet, but I've read stories of people who have, and how the company told them that the company would have the ability to change the thermostat or reduce power consumption on "very rare" circumstances. That's a hard "no" for me, and a hint to the future.

But, more broadly, we've experienced some rather odd behavior across a wide range of businesses. And, it started around the same time the scamdemic started.

A while back, the electric company came out to replace a pole. Didn't tell anyone in the neighborhood. Just came out and shut the power off. When I approached the foreman, he shrugged his shoulders and said "well, someone should have told you". He clearly didn't give a fuck, nor was he curious as to whether anyone in the neighborhood was on oxygen or had mission-critical electronics up and running and needed time to kick on a backup generator. Instead of telling the truth, they lied, and said that they didn't know they were replacing a pole until a few minutes before coming out.

We were coming home kind of late one Tuesday night, and our son wanted tacos, and the sign on the door of one of those cute little mexican places read "Taco Tuesdays: $1 Tacos!" in big black letters so we stopped in. When the bill came, they tried to charge us 2.5x for each taco. It's such a small scam, but something I bet they got away with lots of times because most people aren't going to fight the bill after the fact.

A bigger scam that someone tried running on us is we ordered a new couch for the family room, and... it never came. Business went MIA, and this was from a business with a reputation in the NC furniture market, which is a closely knit family of businesses. And, when we finally got ahold of someone at the company, they gave us a song and dance and we caught them in several lies, the major one being they took the money and never made the couch and from the looks of it, never intended to make or deliver it. Thankfully we caught that one in time, and it was easy to charge back the amount due to blatant fraud.

A slightly larger scam was when we purchased our house in 2020. Unbeknownst to us, the neighbors intended to dispute the title to our property and then file a bogus lawsuit against us a year later. They knew they had no claim, but they (and their lawyer) were looking for a quick payoff, which is why they filed the complaint and then turned around and wanted a settlement from the title company before it went before a judge.

Between the small taco scam and the large real estate scam, we've encountered a variety of shady and shifty business practices, a significant drop in customer service at otherwise reputable and established businesses, and sometimes outright scams over the past two years—more than I can recall ever happening in such a short period of time. It's almost like people realize, on some level, that since the government has been running a huge, blatant, scam on the public for the past 2 years, it's OK if everyone else does it, and so now scamming folks has become normalized.
    Growing up in new york, i have had to struggle against this my whole life, to varying degrees of success. When youre so submerged in moral decay, it gets hard to hold onto your own, especially when you are young and lack confidence. Rip mentioned democrats being a factor, and i think its true. They put this "squeeze" on the populace with their taxation and spending, and that squeeze gets passed down from employers, to employees and consumers. The collective mentality becomes being a good person will lead to poverty, and they may be right.

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    Get to know some cops, guys.
    Getting to know them is how I came to dislike them so much. Getting to know them simply proved all the shit I thought might be the case when I was younger and even some new shit I never suspected. The best, most tolerable cop I know isn't a cop any more for the same reason I don't like cops. I feel like you think the bad ones are the exception to the rule when in fact, my life experience has born out that it is you, the decent one, that is the exception to the rule. I think in order to be a cop in modern society one has to be a certain type of person and that person is not a good person.

Haven't read it yet and probably won't, as I just get too infuriated with their claims and assumptions. On one hand this is a good sign that more people are waking up to the evil that has been perpetrated against them. On the other hand it show that the powers that be are not going to give up without a fight.
    Will anti-vaccine activism in the USA reverse global goals? | Nature Reviews Immunology

What would happen if the border didn't exist and there was no government to intervene?
    I believe things would balance themselves over time, no matter what the scenario is. Having a government always means having imbalance and insecurities, because that's what a government needs to justify its existence.
    I think John Lennon wrote a song about that. Things would balance, if you eliminated taxes and welfare, but nobody wants that, do they?

Wikipedia says this is a misconception and that it comes from the phonetics of the word "guappo" which sound like "wop"
    Wikipedia says that CO2 is a greenhouse gas that is causing anthropogenic global warming.

starting strength coach development program
    I think John Lennon wrote a song about that. Things would balance, if you eliminated taxes and welfare, but nobody wants that, do they?
    What would it take for taxes and welfare to disappear you think?

Wikipedia says that CO2 is a greenhouse gas that is causing anthropogenic global warming.
    I was just quoting my source. It just seems like a stretch. WithOut Paper could be applied to any illegal immigrant. Plus, papers are not that validating. I remind you that if I tried to enter the US now without a Covid vaxxine passport, I'd be a WOP too.