starting strength gym
Page 230 of 3020 FirstFirst ... 1301802202282292302312322402803307301230 ... LastLast
Results 2,291 to 2,300 of 30193

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    War in Illinois. Which it has a proud history of down here in Little Egypt land. Illinois judge overturns Pritzker’s stay-at-home order | MyStateline.com

I'm posting this for several reasons. You'll see.

Coronavirus update: 16 deaths, 465 cases in Ventura County

Ventura County's coronavirus death toll increased to 16 on Thursday as county officials reported two additional deaths, including a 37-year-old man.

The man died as a result of a drug overdose while infected with COVID-19, a significant contributing condition, according to county spokeswoman Ashley Bautista.
    Just about all you need to know in one sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    And side effects among stupid people are also real: Coronavirus: Security forces kill more Nigerians than Covid-19 - BBC News
    An earlier article talked about how there's rice sitting at Nigerian mills, but one of the problems of getting the rice to the people, is the fear food delivery drivers have of the police. Many of them won't take the risk and so the trucks sit and so does the rice. AWA

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    I dropped my grapefruit habit years ago, once I learned it encouraged estrogen production. Chronicles somewhere on this board, which I thank greatly.

So no.
    No gyms, no sports, meat shortages, ungodly hours with spouses, and government funded estrogen therapy. Coincidence?

Default So this is a state court....and so the next step is the Illinois Supreme Court? Right

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    War in Illinois. Which it has a proud history of down here in Little Egypt land. Illinois judge overturns Pritzker’s stay-at-home order | MyStateline.com

Shouldn't this have started at the Illinois Supreme Court? I mean it is a Governors order?

I think the SCOTUS will have to make a decision, but I'm hoping it doesn't drag out

This is a very interesting development

So... The new guidelines for my gym reopening on May 5th are 25% occupancy and my workout can only be 45 minutes. I’ll definitely be building my own gym when I can once again get equipment.

This is like the arbitrary, stupid “Don’t lift 10 pound over your head ever again,” rule that doctors come up with.

What happens if my workout is 46 minutes? Does the SWAT team come get me and everyone on the gym floor start dying from COVID-19?

Sadly, I feel willing to comply if it gets me back to training.

As an aside... I’ll be restarting my NLP. Given that I’m going to have to apparently shorten my rest intervals between sets to meet the time restrictions, would I be better off going 4 days/week? How should I expect to break that up?

Quote Originally Posted by Mainstream View Post
    Shouldn't this have started at the Illinois Supreme Court? I mean it is a Governors order?

I think the SCOTUS will have to make a decision, but I'm hoping it doesn't drag out

This is a very interesting development
    The state rep who brought the suit went into it with eyes wide open and stated if not upheld at the original court of jurisdiction he would take it to the Illinois supreme court. Which is stacked with dems, so likely it will go to SCOTUS as the next step.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I'm posting this for several reasons. You'll see.

Coronavirus update: 16 deaths, 465 cases in Ventura County

Just about all you need to know in one sentence.
    the 2nd sentence was pretty good too. about the other guy who died:

The other death recorded Thursday was a 99-year-old man

Quote Originally Posted by Frank_B View Post
    So... The new guidelines for my gym reopening on May 5th are 25% occupancy and my workout can only be 45 minutes.
    That's 25% of Fire Code Occupancy, which includes staff.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank_B View Post
    So... The new guidelines for my gym reopening on May 5th are 25% occupancy and my workout can only be 45 minutes.
    But I get it. 25% occupancy will lead to 50% in a week or two (I'd hope). That time restriction is for the damn birds though.

And if I build my own gym, that's $$ not supporting a local business, and (for me at least) I like going to the gym.

BUT, this Sweden thing (see my last post) starts going downhill, wouldn't surprise me that we (as a country) go right back to lock down city.