starting strength gym
Page 2314 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 13141814221422642304231223132314231523162324236424142814 ... LastLast
Results 23,131 to 23,140 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Since we're asking inane "why" questions, Why do you keep eating food, Francesco? You're just going to be hungry again so why bother?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan DCNT View Post
    All of your posts remind me of when I was a 17 year old who had just discovered the concept of cultural relativism. I let everyone know that I knew everything, in the most annoying way possible.

Anyway, we get it, everything is social construct. Those of us who wish to live in a civilized society have made peace with that, so go ahead and assume that everything we say assumes as much. Civilized society, after all, is the prima facie social construct.
    Anything "uncivilized" in our current society exists as a consequence of a central government and centralized institutions.
    Do you really buy into the idea that without a central entity who's got a monopoly on violence and money, the world would be in constant chaos? The central entity IS the cause of the chaos.
    I don't believe in utopias, but I sure as hell realized that this way of organizing society obviously doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    Don’t be naive. This is a completely new level of gerrymandering, unseen in political history.
    Some of them are smart enough to come up with new ways of screwing with people, I guess.

I don't know if this ever made its way here, it's old at this point. It's an article analyzing some bits from what was supposedly a leaked Pfizer contract with the government of Albania. Note that Pfizer freely discloses that the "vaccines" may both not work and/or cause unknown adverse effects. They tried to force us all to take it anyway. They also enjoy massive protections from lawsuit, and the government can't even go after them for selling them bad shit, because the contract essentially says the government is accepting the possibility they are being sold bad shit.

Covid Vaccines: The “LEAKED” Pfizer Contract – OffGuardian

Quote Originally Posted by IlPrincipeBrutto View Post
    This seems to be a bit overblown.
    In France, foreign residents, like yours truly, have for a long time been allowed to vote in local elections, modulo registering themselves into the electoral roll, which is a fairly simple procedure. This seems a reasonable arrangement; the local council levies taxes on residents, and they have a say on its running.
    Allowing foreigners to hold office (I suppose it means local office, not the Assemblee Nationale) seems an innovation (I use the word without any judgemental connotation); in the light of the above, it doesn't strike me as particularly pernicious, although I reserving judgement on this.

IPB
    From what I understand, this is not the whole story; foreigners are currently allowed to vote in local elections if they are from the same region (the EU block).
    How much difference is there between an Italian or a Belgian and a Frenchman? Probably enough that you don't want the foreigner becoming president of France, but not so much his political inclinations will break the nation and enslave the French people.
    On the other hand, how much difference is there between 2 Arabs, plus an African and a Frenchman?
    I don't know any native Frenchman who wants to be governed according to sharia law or forced by democratic vote to pay reparations and financial tribute to Africans.

For the French people, this is a matter of survival; if foreigners are allowed to vote, France dies.

A man from whose grandfather is from Tennessee is not that much different from a Texan, although Texans may not want him to be governor of Texas.
    On the other hand, a carpet-bagger yankee from a family with strong historical ties to New England is not a Texan in any way and his children will not be Texans, no matter how hard they try... even if the child's father was President of the United States and he plays a Texan accent.

It is currently fashionable to skirt the Truth if it could possibly be shouted down as racist, however the fact of the matter is there is also a very large component of ethnicity involved in this; biology determines phenotype, tastes, personality, preferences and downstream political as well as societal values.
    I pray to the gods I am never forced by democracy to be subject to the genetically-determined tastes of a lactose intolerant people. (Already happening in the US, unfortunately; milk alternatives are steadily replacing high-quality milk.)

We have a famous saying in America: "No taxation without representation"
    This did not apply at the individual level; only at the regional/national level.
    In our new nation, founded in liberty, most people were not eligible to vote; our founding fathers were sensible, pragmatic men.

From Twitter:

Idiotic Journalist: I’ve covered extremism and violent ideologies around the world over my career. Have never come across a political force more nihilistic, dangerous & contemptible than today’s Republicans. Nothing close.

General Michael Hayden: I agree. And I was the CIA Director
    This shit isn't simply going to resolve itself.

I’ve covered extremism and violent ideologies around the world over my career. Have never come across a political force more nihilistic, dangerous & contemptible than today’s Republicans. Nothing close.

Let me guess: no examples, right?

__________________________________________________ ___

Victor Davis Hanson on the FBI: VDH | Why can’t we break up the FBI… – CITIZEN FREE PRESS

Disturbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    Probably enough that you don't want the foreigner becoming president of France
    I agree on this (and not just for France).
    Upon reflection, I would also agree on not allowing foreigners to hold high political office; if you ask me for a threshold on 'high', I would say you could have a foreigner as the mayor of a small (<2000) rural community, but not for a city like Nice, or Lyon.

I can't solve easily the tension between the above and the principle of "no taxation without representation"; you solve it by saying it was never intended at individual level; it might make sense for a society where most people don't have the right to vote, but I find it unsatisfactory in the presence of universal suffrage.

I think allowing all residents to vote in local elections, but no more than that, is a sensible compromise. I accept others might disagree.

IPB

PS
    As far as I know, foreign residents can choose to vote the MEPs (Member of European Parliament) of the EU country they live in, instead of those of their country of origin. Based on the above, I don't think this should be allowed, although I can see why the EU wanted this to be possible. At least the EP has got very little legislative power, so the consequences of this situation are quite limited in practice.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    This shit isn't simply going to resolve itself.
    No, it's not. And the people who are brushing this off acting like it's normal and okay are starting to piss me off a lot more than the people actually saying this shit.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    From what I understand, this is not the whole story; foreigners are currently allowed to vote in local elections if they are from the same region (the EU block).
    How much difference is there between an Italian or a Belgian and a Frenchman? Probably enough that you don't want the foreigner becoming president of France, but not so much his political inclinations will break the nation and enslave the French people.
    On the other hand, how much difference is there between 2 Arabs, plus an African and a Frenchman?
    I don't know any native Frenchman who wants to be governed according to sharia law or forced by democratic vote to pay reparations and financial tribute to Africans.

For the French people, this is a matter of survival; if foreigners are allowed to vote, France dies.

A man from whose grandfather is from Tennessee is not that much different from a Texan, although Texans may not want him to be governor of Texas.
    On the other hand, a carpet-bagger yankee from a family with strong historical ties to New England is not a Texan in any way and his children will not be Texans, no matter how hard they try... even if the child's father was President of the United States and he plays a Texan accent.

It is currently fashionable to skirt the Truth if it could possibly be shouted down as racist, however the fact of the matter is there is also a very large component of ethnicity involved in this; biology determines phenotype, tastes, personality, preferences and downstream political as well as societal values.
    I pray to the gods I am never forced by democracy to be subject to the genetically-determined tastes of a lactose intolerant people. (Already happening in the US, unfortunately; milk alternatives are steadily replacing high-quality milk.)

We have a famous saying in America: "No taxation without representation"
    This did not apply at the individual level; only at the regional/national level.
    In our new nation, founded in liberty, most people were not eligible to vote; our founding fathers were sensible, pragmatic men.
    That's all it is, an expression.
    Taxes are unavoidable.
    Your nation was founded in slavery and genocide (that's what it was, no matter how cruel or disgusting you think American Indians were). This is basic historical knowledge, I don't feel like I'm talking crazy here. Yes, they put some nice words on a piece of paper, but to say they were sensible freedom loving men, it's just delusional, in my opinion.

Is anyone else agreeing with what Yngvi said in this post? The biological theories, universal voting being bad (not that it matters that much), etc?
    I'd love to hear a different bell. Mabye there's something I'm missing.