COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events - Page 2316

starting strength gym
Page 2316 of 2393 FirstFirst ... 131618162216226623062314231523162317231823262366 ... LastLast
Results 23,151 to 23,160 of 23930

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

  1. #23151
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    2,248

    Default

    • starting strength seminar october 2022
    • starting strength seminar december 2022
    • starting strength seminar february 2023
    Quote Originally Posted by francesco.decaro View Post
    That's all it is, an expression.
    Taxes are unavoidable.
    Your nation was founded in slavery and genocide (that's what it was, no matter how cruel or disgusting you think American Indians were). This is basic historical knowledge, I don't feel like I'm talking crazy here. Yes, they put some nice words on a piece of paper, but to say they were sensible freedom loving men, it's just delusional, in my opinion.


    Is anyone else agreeing with what Yngvi said in this post? The biological theories, universal voting being bad (not that it matters that much), etc?
    I'd love to hear a different bell. Mabye there's something I'm missing.
    Taxation mostly is unavoidable. Representation fortunately is not.

    Slavery has existed across the globe throughout antiquity.
    Yes, even in Rome and Italy where slaves were possibly 25% or more of the population.
    The US was among the first in the west to abolish it.

    There were conquerors,and the conquered from the beginning of mankind.
    So what's your point?

  2. #23152
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    2,096

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by francesco.decaro View Post
    Your nation was founded in slavery and genocide
    It's nice to see the 1619 Project has finally made its way to the Mark Rippetoe Q&A forum.

  3. #23153
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Ozarks
    Posts
    1,167

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Frank, it's a problem. Really: Plurality of Democrats say there's an 'invasion' taking place along the southern border – HotAir

    __________________________________________________ __________________

    And this needs bumping: https://co2coalition.org/wp-content/...EC-6-17-22.pdf

    Really, think about this: A 4.6 billion-year-old planet with an 8000-mile diameter, with an atmosphere that is only 50 miles/240,000ft thick (being rather generous), that orbits a star only 93 million miles away with 330,000 times the earth's mass and that emits enough radiation to burn your naked ass in 30 minutes, is having its weather unalterably changed over the course of the next 5/10/15 years (whatever it is now) by the presence of a weak greenhouse gas, CO2, that happens to now be at its lowest level in damn near the entire history of the planet -- a history punctuated by global glaciations while that weak greenhouse gas was far higher than it is now -- and that also happens to be the basis of plant life (and therefore atmospheric oxygen), a gas whose greenhouse effect is dwarfed by that of water vapor (on a planet with a surface area that consists of 70% water), and that geologically is currently in an interglacial period. The models that generated this political bullshit have predicted nothing correctly -- not sea level change, polar ice cover, or weather.

    And everybody believes it anyway, to the extent that they are handing the management of the world's economy to elderly megalomaniacs with an agenda based on their own personal power. You're not even allowed to question it -- otherwise sensible people have agreed with the ridiculous premise that CO2 is a deadly poison that must be eliminated from the surface of the earth. Every August, everybody runs around like it's not supposed to be hot. Every time there's a drought, everybody acts like it's the very first time it's been dry too long. "Hurricane season" started in June, and how many hurricanes have devastated the coastlines already inundated by the molten ice caps? How many times over the past 20 years of this shit have the hurricane predictions been correct?

    Really, the children are in charge now, seeking validation for "caring about the planet," running around yelling about "carbon" -- the 4th most abundant element in the physical universe --being a deadly poison. Their managers are common criminals whose entire agenda is money and control, and we are letting it happen. It is the result of the shitty science education we received in the government schools, and it probably cannot be stopped.
    After, living on the Carolina coast for over a decade of my life and going through 5 major hurricanes, I am forever biased to think that models and modelers are entirely full of crap.

    Also plant life isn't the basis for atmospheric oxygen. Oxygen is so plentiful on our planet that if you could remove all plant life, but maintain the human population, there wouldn't be a perceptible change in O2 density for hundreds of thousands of years.

    The atmosphere is BIG. We have a LOT of oxygen, and we NEED a LOT MORE carbon dioxide.

  4. #23154
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Los Alamos, NM
    Posts
    2,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post

    And everybody believes it (global warming) anyway,
    Many people, some very intelligent, are susceptible to suggestion. This is how cold reading works and it’s well understood. Don't you remember colder or hotter days as a child? Perhaps both? I bet you do.

    The declaration of "science denier," while no different than accusations of blasphemy, was a stroke of political genius. “Follow the science” was maybe a bridge too far. Time will tell.

  5. #23155
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    49,620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
    A hand written note from Dr Simone Gold to her supporters.
    Attachment 8133
    Too small to read.

    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    Also plant life isn't the basis for atmospheric oxygen. Oxygen is so plentiful on our planet that if you could remove all plant life, but maintain the human population, there wouldn't be a perceptible change in O2 density for hundreds of thousands of years.
    Before plant life, there was no diatomic oxygen in the atmosphere, even though it is the most common physical element on earth. The point is not O2, but CO2, and the fraud that Science has allowed itself to become.

  6. #23156
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Watson View Post
    Taxation mostly is unavoidable. Representation fortunately is not.

    Slavery has existed across the globe throughout antiquity.
    Yes, even in Rome and Italy where slaves were possibly 25% or more of the population.
    The US was among the first in the west to abolish it.

    There were conquerors,and the conquered from the beginning of mankind.
    So what's your point?
    I never denied there was slavery accross the globe. There still is.
    I don't understand when someone takes pride in it or admires the men responsible for it, while explaining how some people are biologically different then others based on where they were born.
    Accepting what happened in the past is one thing, identifying with it and glorifying it is another.

    Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    It's nice to see the 1619 Project has finally made its way to the Mark Rippetoe Q&A forum.
    I admit it is my ignorant conclusion.
    If you could explain to me how 4 million slaves accross 400 years did not contribute to create the country you now live in, I'd appreciate it.
    If I was in some way subjected to some kind of wrongful propaganda, I wanna find out.
    I'm sure this 1619 Project was definetely incorrect and an attempt at rewriting history. Especially such a complicated period like the Civil War, where I guess the amount of material to study is immense.
    My problem is, how can you praise the founding fathers, literally a handful of people, for building the country? It is never the case.
    As you guys said, slavery was all over the place. Most of the things we have now can be attributed to slavery, not some fancy writing on a piece of paper.
    So mine is no attempt at ideological war or social justice, it's an attempt at objectively viewing the past. I realize it's simplistic in a way, but isn't it more truthful?

  7. #23157
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Before plant life, there was no diatomic oxygen in the atmosphere, even though it is the most common physical element on earth. The point is not O2, but CO2, and the fraud that Science has allowed itself to become.
    Aside, does an increase in CO2 levels indirectly produce an increase in O2 levels through increased plant growth?

  8. #23158
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    49,620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by francesco.decaro View Post
    I never denied there was slavery accross the globe. There still is.
    I don't understand when someone takes pride in it or admires the men responsible for it, while explaining how some people are biologically different then others based on where they were born.
    Accepting what happened in the past is one thing, identifying with it and glorifying it is another.
    Drop it, Frank. You're looking stupid at this point.

    Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    Aside, does an increase in CO2 levels indirectly produce an increase in O2 levels through increased plant growth?
    It has an effect, but as David pointed out, that system is not particularly sensitive at this point in the planet's history.

  9. #23159
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    1,711

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
    You think too highly of humanity Jovan.
    Au contraire, I fully follow the Kali Yuga doctrine, which clearly states that things are continually going to get worse for another 425 thousand years or so, I just don't have any kids, so I am not worried about anyone's future. I reckon the boss will keep me here for no more than another years, so I am thankfully 40 percent of the way through it and still able to have fun, so I am past the peak of all the horrible shit.

  10. #23160
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Ozarks
    Posts
    1,167

    Default

    starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    It has an effect, but as David pointed out, that system is not particularly sensitive at this point in the planet's history.
    Rip, do you have an opinion on abiotic petroleum while we're tangentially on the subject? I've never developed a strong opinion on it because sound energy policy necessitating drilling for the foreseeable future doesn't care much for how it was formed, but it has always been one of those mildly interesting ideas I've considered looking into if I get the time.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •