starting strength gym
Page 2342 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 13421842224222922332234023412342234323442352239224422842 ... LastLast
Results 23,411 to 23,420 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Rip, you may compare Tally Sticks to Bitcoin ; Tally Sticks history is fascinating.
    What makes Bitcoin Bitcoin is described in Satoshi Nakamoto original paper.

It seems that for a currency to be a physical manifestation of money, it must have these properties (at least) (source) :
    • Medium of Exchange.
    • Unit of Account.
    • Store of Value.

So far, Bitcoin cannot be considered a Medium of Exchange like the dollar is. Try to go to a random groceries store and buy things in Bitcoin. You cannot.
    It cannot be considered a Store of Value because its value measured by the exchange rate against the dollar is not stable in time : you cannot tell its value is a year of even 6 months.
    That a Bitcoin has intrinsic value or not seems irrelevant.
    Then, Bitcoin is not a currency.

What's usually left implicit is that behind every currency there is a government.
    The reason is obvious: governments need a way to extract some amount of value from people ; and they need a currency to do that.
    So far, no one government is behind Bitcoin which makes your point about guns very accurate.
    As far as I know, it's the biggest flaw behind Bitcoin: no one government is behind it.

Here are some very good takes on the speech last night from the President of the United State of America, wherein was advocated one-party rule in the US:

"Dissent is Fascism" - Latest Democrat Mantra - Victory Girls Blog

I’ve seen every Republican president and presidential candidate portrayed by Democrats and the press as Hitler incarnate. Even the perfectly vanilla Mitt Romney was, according to Creepy Joe himself, only one election away from putting black folk back in chains. The Hart Building at the Capitol was occupied — OCCUPIED — by crowds of pinkpussyhatted hysterics who pounded on the hearing doors trying to “get” to Kavanaugh and there were no consequences at all. Eric Swalwell sleeps with a Chinese agent and keeps his seat on the Intelligence committee, Zuckerberg is told by the FBI to suppress any discussion of the Hunter laptop, Garland Merrick issues a memo for the FBI to investigate intimidate parents who ask the wrong questions at school board meetings while also refusing to do anything about the illegal protests and intimidation at the homes of the conservative SCOTUS judges.

And we’ve seen over and over again, the Left never pays a price for their behavior. And all through this, Republicans rarely push back in any way but angry words and sometimes succeeding at elections. However, the Left never sleeps and they are so infuriated at the 75,000,000 voters who rejected Biden that they are going to ratchet up the unpersoning of each and every one of us.

Mr. Unity his-creepy-self had his go-go meds upped enough to sneer loudly that Republicans are sickening for daring to question the FBI …

(pay no attention to Ruby Ridge, the fake Whitmer kidnap plot, J6 assets or lying to get FISA warrants)

… or talking about defunding it. Eight months of Antifa/BLM rights in 2020 were no big deal when Ultra MAGA Republicans might run for school boards. So if the buzz floating about the MSM yesterday is any indication, Dissent is the New Nazis and every Republican voter is a terrorist threat to the country. Really.
    When Turnips Attack! - by Jeff Goldstein

Remember the instructive, sober words of communication luminary, Karine Jean-Pierre: you’re considered an extremist if you disagree with the progressive political consensus. Opposition to the ruling party is an act of insurrection.

— Meanwhile, you are most certainly in the camp of non-extremists if you back President Turnip and his 38% approval rating, because in progressive math, 38% approval is approval enough. So shut up, you 62% of the population who are racist fascist transphobic xenophobes!

President Turnip has F-15s. Do you? President Turnip directs a military armed with non-gendered pronouns and led by a thick-bodied, bag-eyed yes man in touch with his privilege and aware of his own white rage. Do you? President Turnip has the unwavering support of Max Boot and Jen Rubin — two of this country’s most beautiful minds. Do you?

“Dark Brandon,” flanked by Marines and backed by Hellish lighting, mumbled, shouted, and emoted his way through a Hitleresque scapegoating of large swaths of the population. And his call to arms has energized all the woke and virtuous defenders of democracy, who are now demanding a one-party system and the shunning of Republicans as lesser humans. Because, in the same way you sometimes have to destroy villages to save them, sometimes you have to become an unelected Administrative dictatorship to save democracy from the benighted and filthy MAGAts who so frustratingly vote incorrectly.
    These people study the movies. Watch V For Vendetta if you haven't already.

Joe Biden delivers “one of the most menacing, bitter, angry and divisive speeches in modern US political history”

Joe Biden’s speech tonight, claiming to be a presidential address demanding free network coverage, was so far over the top its almost indescribable. It wasn’t just an attack on another candidate, it was a Declaration of War in demonic terms on the roughly half of the electorate who voted for that candidate.

Nile Gardener had it right:

“Joe Biden’s address in Philadelphia tonight is one of the most menacing, bitter, angry and divisive speeches in modern US political history. Hard to believe that a US president can stoop to this level, condemning tens of millions of Americans as enemies and a threat to democracy.”
    The Reichstag Fire is next.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre-Henry F. View Post
    Rip, you may compare Tally Sticks to Bitcoin ; Tally Sticks history is fascinating.
    What makes Bitcoin Bitcoin is described in Satoshi Nakamoto original paper.

It seems that for a currency to be a physical manifestation of money, it must have these properties (at least) (source) :
    • Medium of Exchange.
    • Unit of Account.
    • Store of Value.

So far, Bitcoin cannot be considered a Medium of Exchange like the dollar is. Try to go to a random groceries store and buy things in Bitcoin. You cannot.
    It cannot be considered a Store of Value because its value measured by the exchange rate against the dollar is not stable in time : you cannot tell its value is a year of even 6 months.
    That a Bitcoin has intrinsic value or not seems irrelevant.
    Then, Bitcoin is not a currency.

What's usually left implicit is that behind every currency there is a government.
    The reason is obvious: governments need a way to extract some amount of value from people ; and they need a currency to do that.
    So far, no one government is behind Bitcoin which makes your point about guns very accurate.
    As far as I know, it's the biggest flaw behind Bitcoin: no one government is behind it.
    I know plenty of people who exchange goods and services for bitcoins.
    Have you heard of El Salvador? Or major european cities? Plenty of shops that accept bitcoins. Medium of exchange.
    Sure, it's not the main medium of exchange, and it's not officially approved by a central entity, but it is a currency. Bitcoins are made of satoshis, so also a unit of account.

How much value has 1 bitcoin stored since 2009 compared to 1 dollar?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Do you actually read the news? Did you hear what "The Most Powerful Man in the Free World" said last night? They froze the thermostats in Colorado a couple of days ago. They turned off the power in Texas last year. They won't let you plug in the electric cars they are making you buy in California. You are far more simple than I thought you were.
    He is young and passionate. Completely useless, as most young idealists are, but he will make a decent cynic once he learns some things.

Here are some very good takes on the speech last night from the President of the United State of America, wherein was advocated one-party rule in the US:

"Dissent is Fascism" - Latest Democrat Mantra - Victory Girls Blog

When Turnips Attack! - by Jeff Goldstein

Joe Biden delivers “one of the most menacing, bitter, angry and divisive speeches in modern US political history”

The Reichstag Fire is next.
    The question is do you honestly think you will get another election, and when you don't what are you going to do about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Woodruff View Post
    The question is do you honestly think you will get another election, and when you don't what are you going to do about it?
    That is the question on everyone's mind. Note how the Democrats always accuse their enemies of what they themselves have done.

That is the question on everyone's mind. Note how the Democrats always accuse their enemies of what they themselves have done.
    I don't see how this can end without another civil war, peaceful sessesion seams impossible as most of Americas production of energy and food seems to come from Republican states from what I can tell and there is no way bidens puppet masters will let that go.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre-Henry F. View Post
    governments need a way to extract some amount of value from people ; and they need a currency to do that.
    Bingo.
    If me and the lady down the street trade eggs for tomatoes the government made nothing off that transaction. When my grandad traded a truck and some shine for a tractor a couple years ago neither party reported anything to any bank or government institution. The trade was dutifully recorded by my grandmother on a grocery bag and both parties signed. At one time leaders were warriors who brought value. We might share our tomatoes or eggs but they led the hunt. We don't have leaders anymore, we have rulers and they all want a cut.

But extend that to the globalists. Microsoft and Amazon don't have a record of those purchases either. My grandad isn't getting ads for tractors from software that swore it wasn't tracking him. We're used to worrying about governments but I fear the new corporate sponsored government will be even more intense and devious about control. Marketing people study how to manipulate you on a level the CIA would find impressive. We've already seen payment services controlling who does business. Banks, too. What happens when Visa decides it doesn't want to compete and any storefront that takes Visa has to say no to Bitcoin or Visa won't process payments anymore?

Default What is more concerning?

Hi Mark, business owner in Alabama here. My observation on our current economy is...this shit does not compute. We have managed to guessed right and it paid off. Auto suppliers in our area are hiring jackasses for $18/hour. Now, they are supplying Auto Mfgs who somehow have found a way to exist without actually bringing new cars to market. We are running out of Mountain Dew.....in Alabama!!
    These are 2 examples of an upside down economy....so, the question. What is scary, the powers that be are driving the markets down to obtain more control OR those same powers have NO FUCKING IDEA how to continue to manipulate an economy that "they" helped put here?
    I suggest that the latter is most concerning and seems likely.

Additional question: In the past, managers of our economy have spoken in terms of supply side vs demand side economics. I really hear none of that these days. In a "global" economy it seems that there is now no incentive to manage the US economy for growth since our dollars do not circulate in this economy nearly as long as they did historically. Now, in fact, there may be an incentive to drive our economy down since we are reaching maturity and shoveling it into China, etc. Basically stealing our wealth to fund growth markets. Am I thinking correctly here?

starting strength coach development program
    I'm sure they make the movies. It's all the same people. Are we really supposed to believe that the most powerful method of social influence ever known to man has innocently been in the hands of "dreamers" and genuine artists? Western man's naivete is embarrassing. Of course Joseph McCarthy was right. He was one of the last few men to defend the Republic from communist infiltration. Of course he will be mocked relentlessly by the people who beat him.

Yes, I think we as Americans are waking up to the reality that this country was conquered decades ago. They just haven't make it official yet. But this is good news because they simply aren't able to go public yet. Their weakness is that their leverage is based on lies. An Empire of Lies is an Empire with a glass jaw.

Just because McCarthy and America lost, I don't think we are destined for failure. But I think we have to wake up and proceed in the light of reality, instead of wishful thinking. But this awakening is essential. It must happen if we are going to survive.