starting strength gym
Page 2345 of 3020 FirstFirst ... 13451845224522952335234323442345234623472355239524452845 ... LastLast
Results 23,441 to 23,450 of 30193

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    and there were people who thought the background was photoshopped in from the movie.
    When I first saw a photo of that speech the next day I actually thought it was some kind of photoshopped joke image. I didn't catch the actual speech since I was lifting. I said "hah, that's funny, they cut him out of his speech and put him in front of some over the top evil dictator background from a movie." I still do not know what the hell they were thinking. I do think that heckler was a plant, though. The fact that they had ONE GUY in there heckling that they never removed seemed way too curious. It was likely to try and suggest to viewers that the dissenters are some kind of super-small minority. Also, Biden was way too ready to deal with the guy and work him into his speech. We know full well this guy can't think on his feet anymore.

I saw this today, in Zero Hedge. It appears at least one other person got about 40 'love taps’.I don’t know if she was injured, but she took a good beating.

Its from the Jan 6 protest/insurrection/apocalypse.

Prosecutors Identify Police Supervisor Who Beat Woman On Jan. 6 | ZeroHedge
    ========

Victoria C. White, of Minnesota, was struck nearly 40 times in a four-minute span in the Lower West Terrace tunnel leading into the U.S. Capitol, security video footage showed.
    The officer who delivered most of the blows was identified in new court filings as Metropolitan Police Department (MPD) commander Jason Bagshaw, 45.
    “The tunnel CCTV footage shows that over an almost two-minute span running from approximately 4:07:00 to 4:08:54 p.m., Lieutenant Bagshaw repeatedly struck, or tried to strike, the woman in red with his baton,” U.S. prosecutors said in one of the briefs (pdf).
    ===========
    Unrelated; I got to sing the Star Spangled Banner today for the opening ceremonies at our local State Fair and Rodeo.
    While wearing my MAGA - Stars and Stripes hat.
    That was cool. a new PR

"FedNow" CBDC to come in 2023.

Speech by Vice Chair Brainard on FedNow - Federal Reserve Board

George Gammon: It's Happening...Are You Prepared? - YouTube

Apologies if it has been posted already.

Not good.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post

Speech by Vice Chair Brainard on FedNow - Federal Reserve Board

Not good.
    Agreed. But Brainard's statement is another word salad like DoD pablum about "digital engineering". They barely understand what they're asking for, yet it has become table stakes in RFP responses. "Inevtiable", "time is now", "Cloud-first", "self-healing", yada ... Shut up already.

(Haven't looked at the second link yet.)

Bumping this:

Can someone post a video of law enforcement being brutally attacked by an armed insurrection on January 6? Can someone post a video of the "awful and embarrassing" "mob" that "stormed" the Capital on Jan.6? The only person even injured that day was Ashli Babbitt, who was shot in the neck at close range by a Major in the Capital Police, as far as I know. Am I wrong? Why is it necessary to throw this bone to the left/Democrats?

Things like this make us question the sincerity of the opposition media.
    I believe there is no opposition media. They are 2 sides of the same coin. Just like Republicans and Democrats. Both sides are bought and paid for.

Quote Originally Posted by francesco.decaro View Post
    There are people who pay taxes for the bitcoins that they have, when there is absolutely no reason for them to do it if they learnt how to buy and secure them in the proper way.
    Can you direct me to a trustworthy source where I can learn how to buy Bitcoin anonymously without using on and off ramps where I am forced to prove my identity and consequentially pay taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    George Gammon: It's Happening...Are You Prepared? - YouTube
    Not that his shtick bothers me. But for those that it does, this video has a lot less of his annoying shtick.

Here is an excellent piece from Ed Morrissey at Hot Air: Biden's soulless screed a smokescreen for what really ails the nation – HotAir

However, I have some questions:

Can someone post a video of law enforcement being brutally attacked by an armed insurrection on January 6? Can someone post a video of the "awful and embarrassing" "mob" that "stormed" the Capital on Jan.6? The only person even injured that day was Ashli Babbitt, who was shot in the neck at close range by a Major in the Capital Police, as far as I know. Am I wrong? Why is it necessary to throw this bone to the left/Democrats?

What authoritarian thing did Donald Trump do during his administration? Fail to start a war? Revoke regulations? Make the Democrat-controlled federal bureaucracy worried about their job security? Tweet badly? What am I missing?

That is a damned charitable assessment, Ed. It was either quite stupid or intentionally referential to historical authority. But its purpose was not to promote unity, any more than the speech was. We've all seen V For Vendetta -- I've given several copies to friends over the years since 2005 -- and there were people who thought the background was photoshopped in from the movie. These people, stupid though they may be, are not that stupid. They knew very well what they were doing.

Things like this make us question the sincerity of the opposition media.
    Along with the double-clinched fists and yelling, crimson lit backdrop flanked by the military...let's not forget the "Dark Brandon Rises...this November" poster from a month ago. You know, the one with the Reich eagle in the background made by an official Biden staffer. Perhaps they are really this tonedeaf, or more likely trying desperately to provoke things in between their staged events. And how many more times is the old fool going to casually mention that "you need F-15s if you (meaning US citizens) want to take on the federal government". Can you IMAGINE the POTUS saying something like that? I think he is confused about his role and the constituent relationship. Just a little bit.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
    Can you direct me to a trustworthy source where I can learn how to buy Bitcoin anonymously without using on and off ramps where I am forced to prove my identity and consequentially pay taxes.
    Well one thing would be to buy it in person in exchange for cash and have it sent directly in your wallet**
    Sell something to someone who is willing to pay in bitcoins, you might find some crypto markets on telegram
    There are no-KYC exchanges around
    An italian developer, Massimo Musumeci, developed a bot on telegram called BitcoinVoucherBot which is completely anonymus to help you buy bitcoins, once you open the bot you'll find all the explanations on how to procede
    If you look around long enough, especially on telegram groups, you'll find someone willing to sell near you pretty easily

**knowing how to securely set up a hard wallet (generating a seed offline, cold/hot wallet, additional security layers and so on, this depends on the amount of money you wanna save of course) and how transactions work (on-chain, lightning network, fees, confirmations, addresses) is a priority before buying, so if you haven't, look up some content on that

starting strength coach development program
    I think Roger did a better job with this one: Biden Puts the ‘Total’ in Totalitarianism › American Greatness

The response to this unprecedented attack by a sitting president against his predecessor—as well as against the tens of millions (more than 74 million we are told) of his predecessor’s supporters—has been so robust that Biden felt it necessary to walk back his remarks, sort of. “I don’t consider any Trump supporter a threat to the country,” he said Friday, after saying just that on prime-time television to the entire nation the night before.

But wait, what is the MAGA (or, to quote the results of the lucubrations of Biden’s focus group, “ultra-MAGA”) agenda that is supposedly so dangerous? It’s worth keeping the meanings of these epithets in mind. When Donald Trump first proposed his “Make America Great Again” formula, he specified several things that it encompassed. At the top of the list were efforts to restore American prosperity, in part by exploiting our enormous energy resources, in part by abolishing mischievous and burdensome regulation, in part by cutting taxes and providing incentives for American business to hire Americans and produce their goods in America.

Also at the top of the list was the integrity of our southern border, stanching the flow of illegal immigration, and rebuilding a military that had been woefully neglected during the Obama years. Elsewhere on the domestic front, Trump battled against political correctness and what has come to be called “identity politics.” He largely remade the federal judiciary, seeing three Supreme Court justices and hundreds of lower court federal judges confirmed, all of whom were nominated because they subscribed to a Antonin Scalia-like judicial philosophy that limited the role of judges to interpreting the law in the light of the Constitution, not making law under the inspiration of their personal policy preferences.

In the sphere of foreign policy, the MAGA agenda meant “putting America first.” He insisted that our NATO allies begin to shoulder their stipulated financial burden, challenged China on trade and military adventurism, and scuttled the disastrous Obama-era nuclear deal (since renewed) with Iran. Trump also stood firmly against the democracy-exporting (or, more accurately, “democracy”-exporting) policies of the Bush era. America would go to war not to promulgate democracy but only to defend its own interests. His Abraham Accords brought peace to the Middle East, a world historical achievement for which Trump deserved the Nobel Peace Prize.

And how did all that work out? Pretty well, I’d say. By the time Trump left office, America was a net exporter of energy; illegal immigration had slowed to a trickle; before the onslaught of COVID, his policies had resulted in the lowest unemployment in decades, the lowest minority unemployment ever. Wages were rising, especially at the lower rungs, and the stock market was booming. All-in-all, MAGA meant American prosperity and success.

It did not, however, bode well for the elite globalist agenda which rested upon endless foreign wars, the neglect of American workers, and a disdain for traditional bourgeois values like hard work, family solidarity, and local initiatives.

Biden’s handlers have attempted to co-opt or usurp the epithet “MAGA” and transform it into something ominous. But what it means is not some existential threat to “the very foundations of our republic.” On the contrary, it is an affirmation of the principles of limited government and individual liberty that undergird the foundations of the American republic.

There is, I know, a point of no return, a point beyond which a society beset by totalitarian impulses must either rebel or succumb utterly. Are we there yet? I do not know. I do sense, however, that we have come perilously close to the edge. I pray that it is not too late.