starting strength gym
Page 2349 of 3023 FirstFirst ... 13491849224922992339234723482349235023512359239924492849 ... LastLast
Results 23,481 to 23,490 of 30229

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
    You have a cool mom!
    She's ok, she just steals all the money from the company to buy cars and houses and shit. Which is fine I guess, my own version of future investment is increasingly large tips for waitresses.

And the lefties in California have mandated no gas or diesel cars will be sold in 2035, along with no new gas stations now:Rolling Blackouts Slam California As Energy Demand Sets Record | Across California, CA Patch

CALIFORNIA — Rolling blackouts began in California Tuesday evening as demand exceeded the capacity of California’s power grid in the face of record-setting heat. The state's power grid operator issued an Energy Emergency Alert 3 Tuesday afternoon, and major utilities such as Pacific Gas & Electricity warned hundreds of thousands of customers to prepare for rotating blackouts. Soon after, neighborhoods in Northern California went dark even as temperatures simmered well beyond sunset.

Customers in the Northern California communities of Alameda and Palo Alto were among the first to lose power. According to KCRA3, PG&E notified about 525,277 customers to prepare for rolling blackouts and released a search map for customers to see if their homes will go dark. City officials in Alameda warned that rotating outages were beginning with the shutoff of two circuits for one hour, the Los Angeles Times reported.

The outages are part of the state's highest-level energy emergency, and they come after days of warnings to conserve energy or expect blackouts.
    Plugging in your electric car is simultaneously mandated and prohibited. Children and organized criminals run the state. But heat will be a thing of the past, so there's that.

I think I'll bump this again:

https://co2coalition.org/wp-content/...EC-6-17-22.pdf

Really, think about this: A 4.6 billion-year-old planet with an 8000-mile diameter, with a molten core (heat, etc.), with an atmosphere that is only 50 miles/240,000ft thick (being rather generous), that orbits a star only 93 million miles away with 330,000 times the earth's mass and that emits enough radiation to burn your naked ass in 30 minutes, is having its weather unalterably changed over the course of the next 5/10/15 years (whatever it is now) by the presence of a weak greenhouse gas, CO2, that happens to now be at its lowest level in damn near the entire history of the planet -- a history punctuated by global glaciations while that weak greenhouse gas was far higher than it is now -- and that also happens to be the basis of plant life (and therefore atmospheric oxygen), a gas whose greenhouse effect is dwarfed by that of water vapor (on a planet with a surface area that consists of 70% water), and that geologically is currently in an interglacial period. The models that generated this political bullshit have predicted nothing correctly -- not sea level change, polar ice cover, or weather.

And everybody believes it anyway, to the extent that they are handing the management of the world's economy to elderly megalomaniacs with an agenda based on their own personal power. You're not even allowed to question it -- otherwise sensible people have agreed with the ridiculous premise that CO2 is a deadly poison that must be eliminated from the surface of the earth. Every August, everybody runs around like it's not supposed to be hot. Every time there's a drought, everybody acts like it's the very first time it's been dry too long. "Hurricane season" started in June, and how many hurricanes have devastated the coastlines already inundated by the molten ice caps? How many times over the past 20 years of this shit have the hurricane predictions been correct?

Really, the children are in charge now, seeking validation for "caring about the planet," running around yelling about "carbon" -- the 4th most abundant element in the physical universe --being a deadly poison. Their managers are common criminals whose entire agenda is money and control, and we are letting it happen. It is the result of the shitty science education we received in the government schools, and it probably cannot be stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by johnst_nhb View Post
    Welcome to Seattle.

I do find it interesting all the doctors and “microbiologists” left this thread as it became clear the truth of this virus, the “tests” and the “vaccine”.
    Let me replace their posts:
    Look the data might be interesting anecdotally but there is a large number of variables that could be generating the symptomology that we see. What we do know is that Covid remains a serious threat to vulnerable populations and that Vaccination works for high risk populations. Whilst I agree that some laws are a bit counter productive, we really have to listen to the science as there really is no better option. I understand that there may be some risks, which are inherent to all medical procedures. But what’s important is that this vaccine was thoroughly tested, we know because Pfizer said so and the FDA approved it. And because it’s so important the testing process was sped up but remains safe that we can monitor for long term effects. There’s really no reason to not trust the science because it’s generated the results we are seeing now. I mean really, what’s the alternative, taking horse paste?

The bit in the beginning...8 hours of charging to get 2 hours of work out of a small excavator? Look I'm not an expert on mining or construction, but you could probably get a more effective day's work out of a team of guys with shovels. These idiots are not only undoing the industrial revolution, they're actually making us LESS efficient than we were before it began. Well, at least hole-digging is going to be an expanding career field...

I have no more sympathy for anybody in California. They had a chance to recall Newsom but they didn't. They chose to continue their insanity. I left California after being born and raised there for 70 years. Now live near Klamath Falls in Oregon. My mental health has improved tremendously. Too bad the western half of Oregon is almost as nutty as Calif but the eastern half is nice and red.

Another good article on why the "Green Revolution" can't work, with video included.

The “Green Revolution” Is Impossible | Power Line

"The quantity of metal required to make just one generation of renewable tech units to replace fossil fuels, is much larger than first thought. Current mining production of these metals is not even close to meeting demand. Current reported mineral reserves are also not enough in size. Most concerning is copper as one of the flagged shortfalls."

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    A fraction of my family lives in Seattle and I have had a fair bit of business there over many decades. My tolerance ended when witnessing humans defecating in broad daylight on sidewalks in “high end” neighborhoods.

I’m a moderately creative guy and with all my powers, I can’t rationalize society that creates that environment.
    I have to step over a body and/or shit several times a week. I can relate. I’ve lived here since ‘89 and am now formulating a plan to move. Unfortunately, I can’t see Seattle getting any better.

starting strength coach development program
    ---------
    The green pass saga in Israel was for me extremely traumatic. I felt that I was literally living in Nazi Germany. I saw many similarities between laws that were enacted, the brazenness of people in power, the societal psychological acceptance to these laws and the stories that my Grandmother told me as a child. To me, Never Again, happened again. In fact, in the height of the covid campaign of the government stealing the rights of the citizenry. My daughter went on an excursion to Yad Vashem, the Israeli holocaust museum. When I returned home from work I saw her sitting on the couch contemplating in trepidation. I asked her what is bothering you. She answered me saying that the parallels between what she learned in her excursion at the Holocaust museum to the enactments that are being forced onto the citizenry is exactly the same. It just hasn't reached the level of severity that people are being forced into camps.

Hopefully our treacherous leadership realized that such an experiment is extremely expensive and resource draining. Hopefully people will realize that when this happens again, pushing back is not futile.
    Israel’s Green Pass Policy: A Chronicle of a Tragedy Foretold ⋆ Brownstone Institute

--------