starting strength gym
Page 2403 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 14031903230323532393240124022403240424052413245325032903 ... LastLast
Results 24,021 to 24,030 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    You have no blame in this.
    Your daughter, though she was naive and made a mistake, also should not be blamed.
    Remember who it was that did this to you and your family.
    The tyranny of love is being bound by the free will of others. Just remember to love and forgive. Everyone makes mistakes, and your family may well need your support if they face negative consequences for their choices.

--------

I'm glad I kept my PayPal as long as I did. I learned with social media not to cancel my account too early. Gotta wait for a time when a social issue arises so that you can support the wave. Businesses need to see large immediate impacts for their choices.

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    You have only yourselves to blame though, you voted him in.
    I hate this cop out. No, a middle class, responsible member of society, with an IQ on the right side of the bell curve, of voting age in the 1970s, did not have "only himself to blame" for what his children or grandchildren are dealing with today. He had people voting who produce absolutely nothing, with IQs in the single digits, that had as much say in deciding his future as his minority of peers. Not only that, he had a government that has been putting its thumb on every scale it can to disenfranchise him and create a dependent underclass of weaklings.

In the US, the disenfranchisement came with the absolutely subversive and sinister 1965 Hart-Cellar immigration act. Just witness Ted Kennedy's blatant lies at the time:

Out of deference to the critics, I want to comment on … what the bill will not do. First, our cities will not be flooded with a million immigrants annually. Under the proposed bill, the present level of immigration remains substantially the same … Secondly, the ethnic mix of this country will not be upset … Contrary to the charges in some quarters, S.500 will not inundate America with immigrants from any one country or area, or the most populated and economically deprived nations of Africa and Asia. In the final analysis, the ethnic pattern of immigration under the proposed measure is not expected to change as sharply as the critics seem to think.Thirdly, the bill will not permit the entry of subversive persons, criminals, illiterates, or those with contagious disease or serious mental illness. As I noted a moment ago, no immigrant visa will be issued to a person who is likely to become a public charge … the charges I have mentioned are highly emotional, irrational, and with little foundation in fact. They are out of line with the obligations of responsible citizenship. They breed hate of our heritage."(Senate Part 1, Book 1, pp. 1-3)
    People today might think upsetting the ethnic mix of the country was "no big deal", but this would have absolutely never have fucking happened if Americans at the time were given a choice about it. They wouldn't have allowed it. You can call them "racists" all you want, but it is patently obvious that they were not allowed to choose their future. What makes us think we are choosing ours? The universal franchise is a complete sham, and I'm tired of people pretending otherwise. If anyone shouldn't be allowed to choose their own future, it's the idiots, unproductive, and newcomers with shallow or nonexistent roots; not the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Update: Thief pick-pocketed dead NYC man who lay pinned under truck

The gruesome crash occurred as the victim, who police said was believed to be in his 50s, was crossing Eighth Avenue at West 44th Street around 11:30 a.m. Thursday.

Video shows the thief, wearing white pants and a black jacket, shimmying under the truck toward the dead man and smoothly reaching for his wallet.

Giddy onlookers — seemingly unbothered by the sight of the dead man — egg her on.

“Go ahead, gangsta! Go ahead!” one man says as he watches the roadway robbery unfold.
    Why are you still there?

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    Thank you for this post. You've enriched us all with these deep insights.
    You're welcome. Happy to fill you in on a different viewpoint to the jet fuel can't melt steel beams crap you swallow up. I get it man, EVERYTHING is a conspiracy, everyone on this flat earth is lying to you & you are a wolf among the sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by smokeyjones View Post
    You're welcome. Happy to fill you in on a different viewpoint to the jet fuel can't melt steel beams crap you swallow up. I get it man, EVERYTHING is a conspiracy, everyone on this flat earth is lying to you & you are a wolf among the sheep.
    You are a fool, Mr. Jones.

You are a fool, Mr. Jones.
    What's that old fable? The wolf who cried conspiracy?

Ya'll have some paranoid, everyone is lying to me, contrarian viewpoint for literally every topic under the sun. The religious aspect that some of the other posters have just makes it weirder.

Imagine having to argue the point that an invading army, in another Nations territory, annexing land is not a defending force. Even the basic definition of words is a point of contention.

Very grateful for all the content you've put out & Starting Strength will always have a place on my bookshelf but very obvious the forum ain't for me.

I witnessed a similar incident in front of my house at about 1am after a man was shot to death in the middle of the street, about 10 years ago. While I called 911 the crackheads that hang out in front of the liquor store went through his pockets. At first I thought they were assisting him. From what I understand the guy was shot for revenge by a guy he signed papers against, that had just gotten out of prison.

The neighborhood has changed a bit since then, and gotten more gentrified, a process that has added about $1M to my property values.

Why am I still here? Manifold. My 83 year old mom in NJ. My girlfriend and her elderly parents in Queens. Onerous capital gains tax if I sell my 2 family house. The urge not to flee and to enjoy watching further gentrification. Casting my grievances at the polls against the shithead governor in a potentially close election. Rental income that covers my needs in a modest retirement. Maybe pure defiance, and a lack of fear.

Statistically what is there to fear? The crime rate in NYC (2017) is 538.9 per 100k, in a place like Wichita Falls (2017) it's 369.49 per 100k. How much would be gained in perceived and actual safety based on those numbers by moving to a 'safer' locale? I moved here from nearby in NJ back in the early 80's when crime was much worse, so that aspect doesn't really bother me much.

Don't get me wrong, I hate the fuck out of all the brain dead leftist sheep here. I hate driving here because of traffic and retards behind the wheel. I used to find the city electric and exciting with the energy and commotion of all the people. Now I just hate everybody. My solution is to spend months out of town traveling. I know, long answer to a rhetorical question. There's 8 million stories in this city, that's mine.

Quote Originally Posted by mkm5 View Post
    So, I'm about losing my mind over this:

My daughter took my 1 year old grandson in for a "regular" appointment, and ended up finding out when they did the standard vaccines, the doc also had them do a coof vaccine on him. They did it under the guise of a flu vaccine.

The next day, he had a terrible rash all over his face and body.

The docs tried to explain it away as a normal reaction.

I'm really struggling with how to respond to this egregious violation of basic human rights.
    How do you know it wasn't the "standard" vexxines, mkm? My daughter had a 12hr+ reaction to her "regular" vaccines and the docs told us to give her Tylonel and just continue monitoring her, even after multiple worrisome phone calls. My wife was light years ahead of me and didn't want ANY poison in our daughter but sadly I hadn't yet seen Rip's interview with the "never going to walk again" guy who ended up squatting 300+ pounds after having fallen off a roof, so I still believed that there are just certain situations when you need the medical cartel. Even with the ghoulish-like reaction of so many pediatricians, as we discu$$ed their vexxine policies at interviews when we were choosing a practice, my head injury as a child, when the medical cartel "saved" me, still had me trusting those service-for-a-fee pushers more than I should have!

It's a long bridge to cross for many, I know, but I'm not sure how you can even trust the "standard" vaccines after all the BS of the past two years. Their business model requires you to get sick, or at least to purchase products (medications and procedures) at every visit - WHY would we subject ourselves to that, without first being coerced?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeyjones View Post
    . I get it man, EVERYTHING is a conspiracy,
    As the great Giorgio Agamben pointed out, history is in the vast majority of cases shaped by successful, secret plans.
    Calling those plans conspiracies doesn't change their nature, or their effects on history. Trying to understand the background to those plans, how they came to be, by whom they were executed is a perfectly legitimate and useful activity, and professional historians have spent a considerable amount of time doing that (I use the past tense because I am not sure they still do. The same goes for journalists).

Dismissing any question about the background to historical events using the label 'conspiracy theory' is a convenient, intellectually poor and borderline despicable way to try to stop that background from being investigated; it also shields the people who shaped the events under questioning from having to answer for the consequences of what they did.

That some of the questioning can be loony, absurd and just plain unhinged is to be expected; but to tar all the questioning with this brush, is just plain dishonest and indefensible (imho, of course).

IPB