starting strength gym
Page 2404 of 3024 FirstFirst ... 14041904230423542394240224032404240524062414245425042904 ... LastLast
Results 24,031 to 24,040 of 30231

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeyjones View Post
    Very grateful for all the content you've put out & Starting Strength will always have a place on my bookshelf but very obvious the forum ain't for me.
    And it has been for some time now.

Quote Originally Posted by John Watson View Post
    Statistically what is there to fear? The crime rate in NYC (2017) is 538.9 per 100k, in a place like Wichita Falls (2017) it's 369.49 per 100k.
    But what kind of crime?

Quote Originally Posted by IlPrincipeBrutto View Post
    That some of the questioning can be loony, absurd and just plain unhinged is to be expected; but to tar all the questioning with this brush, is just plain dishonest and indefensible (imho, of course).
    But it is certainly easier than thinking. If NPR tells you it is 'just a conspiracy theory," you get to move along to the next Broadway play review.

e̶v̶e̶r̶y̶o̶n̶e̶ the media is lying to me
    They are literally doing it 24/7 at this point. They even lie about the weather now. If you can't see it at this point, you might never get it.

That the government constantly lies is hardly worth mentioning. But if government+media=everyone, then yes, every...fucking...one is lying to you, and you would do yourself a favor to wake up to the fact. If the oh-so-embarrassing label of "conspiracy theorist" is all it takes to keep you in line, then once again, you might never get it.

Imagine having to argue the point that an invading army, in another Nations territory, annexing land is not a defending force. Even the basic definition of words is a point of contention.
    You even have this twisted. No one says the Ukrainians aren't a defending force. They very obviously are. The point of contention is who provoked the war, and it was neither the Ukrainians nor the Russians. You don't even seem to understand the very basic concept of proxy-war. This all just may be too complicated for you to analyze, and that's okay. Just go do something else and stop worrying it. Maybe someone who is capable of defending the neo-liberal position will eventually show up here and put up a good fight, but so far I am doubtful that will happen. Honestly, I could do a much better job as devil's advocate than anyone I've seen pop in here to date. Unlike media-guzzlers, we don't fail Sun Tzu 101, living in complete darkness of how our enemy thinks. Hell, most of you have no idea who your enemy even is. You just lash out at whoever the media and authorities tell you to lash out at at any given moment, exactly like the screaming two-minute-haters in 1984.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Arnold View Post
    I've listened to most of these and these guys are generally pretty sharp and insightful. I'm interested to see if there is ever an apology for how hard they pushed the vaccines and suggested people get them. But they will likely just be like everyone else
    If the clip posted by Rip is any indication, we may hear a Mea Culpa about the vaccine. Chamath made the comment in Rip's clip only after the facts and evidence overwhelmed his prior belief. As the facts and evidence regarding vaccine side effects continue to mount, we could be treated to another.

Though he himself is vaccinated, David Sacks has been consistent in his belief that government should not be empowered to force people to get vaccinated. Sacks is regularly the most libertarian of the besties. His comments are most aligned with my thinking, but I do find value in hearing the comments of the others even though they are often outside my comfort zone.

What's that old fable? The wolf who cried conspiracy?

Ya'll have some paranoid, everyone is lying to me, contrarian viewpoint for literally every topic under the sun. The religious aspect that some of the other posters have just makes it weirder.

Imagine having to argue the point that an invading army, in another Nations territory, annexing land is not a defending force. Even the basic definition of words is a point of contention.

Very grateful for all the content you've put out & Starting Strength will always have a place on my bookshelf but very obvious the forum ain't for me.
    smokeyjones,
    Below find a linc to the International Legion of Defense of Ukraine. The linc provides specific instructions for the steps to be followed to volunteer your services to Save the World and Stand with Ukraine.

Stop pounding your key board arguing your point. Follow your conscience. Take action to make a difference. You have an opportunity to walk in the footsteps of hundreds of thousands of brave warriors that have fought and died for freedom and the right of self determination. Do it for your own good and for a cause greater than you will ever be. It's an opportunity, if ignored, that you will regret passing on for the rest of your life -- NATO training and the chance to prove yourself in the ultimate test of manhood, mano a mano vs the Russians. You will serve with real heroes and you will be grateful that you did. If you hurry you may be on the battlefield before the snow flies. Good luck and Godspeed!

Join International Legion of Defence of Ukraine (ILDU)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    But what kind of crime?
    Violent crime.
    The source was the first website I pulled up;

Wichita Falls TX Crime Rate 2000-2018 | MacroTrends

New York NY Crime Rate 1999-2018 | MacroTrends

Interactive chart of the Wichita Falls, Texas violent crime rate and statistics by year from 2000 to 2018. In the FBI’s Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) Program, violent crime statistics are composed of four offenses: murder/homicide and nonnegligent manslaughter, rape, robbery, and aggravated assault. Violent crimes are defined in the UCR Program as those offenses which involve force or threat of force.
    • The Wichita Falls TX crime rate for 2018 was 369.49 per 100,000 population, a 3.44% increase from 2017.
    • The Wichita Falls TX crime rate for 2017 was 357.19 per 100,000 population, a 15.97% decline from 2016.
    • The Wichita Falls TX crime rate for 2016 was 425.08 per 100,000 population, a 10.13% increase from 2015.
    • The Wichita Falls TX crime rate for 2015 was 385.98 per 100,000 population, a 4.91% decline from 2014.

Interactive chart of the New York, New York violent crime rate and statistics by year from 1999 to 2018. In the FBI’s Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) Program, violent crime statistics are composed of four offenses: murder/homicide and nonnegligent manslaughter, rape, robbery, and aggravated assault. Violent crimes are defined in the UCR Program as those offenses which involve force or threat of force.
    • The New York NY crime rate for 2018 was 541.03 per 100,000 population, a 0.4% increase from 2017.
    • The New York NY crime rate for 2017 was 538.9 per 100,000 population, a 6.02% decline from 2016.
    • The New York NY crime rate for 2016 was 573.42 per 100,000 population, a 2.11% decline from 2015.
    • The New York NY crime rate for 2015 was 585.77 per 100,000 population, a 1.83% decline from 2014.

There are no stats for people getting robbed after being killed by a truck, or after being murdered. Probably lower elsewhere is my guess.

What's that old fable? The wolf who cried conspiracy?
    Ya'll have some paranoid, everyone is lying to me...
    Please don't leave.
    I am really starting to enjoy the comedic value of these posts.
    It is like a Babylon Bee headline: "Man who is terrified of massive Russian conspiracy denounces everyone else who doesn't believe him as crazy conspiracy theorists."

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post
    How do you know it wasn't the "standard" vexxines, mkm? ... WHY would we subject ourselves to that, without first being coerced?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    It seems to me, at least without further information, that mkm's daughter has only herself to blame. The hospital has got to charge for its services, no?
    If informed consent was given.
    However, informed consent for medical treatment cannot be given under conditions of deception, mass propaganda, dishonest marketing campaigns, fraudulent research, irregular drug approval channels, coercion, threat or false pretenses.
    She is not to blame.

It looks like the game plan has changed.
    Most people have figured out the mrna vaccine is both ineffective and harmful, they understandably no longer want to take it.
    Instead of admitting defeat, they are now tricking people into taking the CoVax by injecting it along with other vaccines; "oops, that flu vaccine was actually the covid mrna vax!" or "We only offer a "bivalent" covid/flu vaccine if you want a flu vaccine, which you are mandated to have for your healthcare/military job!" or "It is now part of the vaccine schedule. You consented to the vaccine schedule and the whole schedule is required for education or employment."

The ADL, Southern Poverty Law Center, ACLU etc. mysteriously remained silent on this, haven't they?

NYC judge rules in favor of polyamorous relationships

You just got the legal green light to start your harams, lads. Better get to work.

Quote Originally Posted by John Watson View Post
    Yeah, it's definitely quite a bit safer here in WF. I'm sure the last 4 years of data would add to that impression, since we've had open carry since then. Look at the fascinating change in the crime rate in WF between 2004-2006. Do you know what happened? It was not concealed carry.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post

You just got the legal green light to start your harams, lads. Better get to work.
    If that doesn't sound like a huge pain in the ass, I don't know what does.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post

I was just having a discussion about this with an LDS/Mormon colleague. He was distancing himself from the polygamy heritage. I surmised that he might give that a second thought, as things might be changing soon.

Oila.

Someday, the love circle will include everyone and everything we hold dear, all in the bond of enlightened and unshackled matrimony. "Pets and pedos" is on the horizon.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Yeah, it's definitely quite a bit safer here in WF. I'm sure the last 4 years of data would add to that impression, since we've had open carry since then. Look at the fascinating change in the crime rate in WF between 2004-2006. Do you know what happened? It was not concealed carry.
    Wow, more than halved the crime rate, a trend which continued for well over a decade possibly approaching two.
    Did they hire more cops? Keep criminals locked up longer?
    Whatever it is I'm sure NY has been doing the opposite.