starting strength gym
Page 2411 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 14111911231123612401240924102411241224132421246125112911 ... LastLast
Results 24,101 to 24,110 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

--------
    Listen to Crowders opening monologue. Important timely words explaining the gravity of the situation we find ourselves in.
    EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH ALEX JONES! THIS MEANS WAR! | Louder with Crowder

I received this via email yesterday from the Florida Board of Professional Engineers:

An article titled “What Exactly Is DEI?” was issued by Board staff in the FBPE October 2022 quarterly newsletter. This article discussed a recent change to policy at the annual convention for the National Council for the Examination of Engineers and Surveyors (NCEES) where the existing position on encouraging diversity without discrimination was replaced with a new position regarding diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI), and mentioned this is a good and necessary thing.

This article does not reflect the official position and the content included therein is not supported by the FBPE.

The article failed to mention that FBPE led the opposition and voted against the DEI position and the new language. The mission of NCEES is to advance licensure for engineers and surveyors in order to safeguard the health, safety, and welfare of the public. The proposed DEI position added a commitment to advancing licensure through equity and inclusion while removing its mission of “safeguarding the health, safety, and welfare of the public."

FBPE presented the following position:

1. That DEI is a highly politicized item in the current social and political climate, and that the NCEES organization should strive to remain politically neutral from these types of current influences.
    2. A commitment to equity and inclusion without maintaining its own mission does not safeguard the health, safety, and welfare of the public.
    3. FBPE encourages diversity, providing equal opportunities for all without any type of discrimination, while maintaining the mission to safeguard the health, safety, and welfare of the public.

The majority of the other state boards voted against Florida’s position and in favor of the proposed language, so the DEI position was ultimately adopted by NCEES.

FBPE remains committed to its mission: To protect the health and safety of the public by properly regulating the practice of engineering within the state of Florida.

FBPE will continue to treat all licensees and candidates for licensure fairly and with respect and will provide equal opportunities for licensure as a professional engineer to all who meet the minimum qualifications, regardless of their individual differences.

Sincerely,
    Scott R. Drury, PE
    FBPE Chair, 2022
    NCEES is the body that performs several functions in the administration of the professional side of engineering and land surveying practice. It creates, oversees, and administers the Fundamentals of Engineering and Principles and Practice exams required by all 50 states for consideration prior to granting licensure. It also offers a records keeping service for licensees to manage their credentials making the comity and reciprocity processes easier., as well as providing credential review for licensure applicants. It is the College Board for engineers and surveyors.

(I cannot find the article cited above in FBPE's Quarterly Newsletter nor on its website.)

Why have exams at all now?

Quote Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
    New York City ER Visits Plummeted in Spring 2020

And if you think about it. If the goal was to hurt Putins pocket, wouldn't flooding the market have a greater impact on his returns than sanctions. Instead, sanctions have only managed to hurt the citizens of the west and have actually enriched Putins coffers.
    Needless to say it is possible that the USA could be entering into a war with extremely low Strategic Reserves.
    On a different note, Jovan, this video proves another one of your hypothesis regarding JP Morgan breaking away (or at least thinking differently) from the pack.
    JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon Says Green Energy Policies Have Made the Climate Worse

Shellenberger starts his testimony about 20 seconds in.
    Why The War on Energy Threatens Us All
    If you could interview him in a podcast, that would be great.

And now they are getting scared.
    Former Obama Economic Adviser Admits Biden's Energy Policies Have Been a Disaster

President Biden, OPEC Isn’t the Problem | UncoverDC
    This whole thing can be summed up very easily.

The climate of the planet Earth has always been in a state of flux. It has always dipped into extremes that threaten human life.

We do not have, and have never had, the ability to exert truly significant targeted change on the climate. The forces at work are too big and too complex.

What we DO have, is the ability to protect ourselves and shelter from those extremes of climate better than at ANY TIME in human history. This is made possible by, among other things, an extremely robust energy infrastructure.

What climate activists want to do is take away that robust infrastructure and the protection it offers, in the hope the small impact its byproducts have on the climate will somehow keep it from threatening human life. It won't, because long before we even started making campfires, it could still get cold enough to freeze people to death, and it could still get hot enough to kill people from heatstroke.

They are working to take away the best protection humanity has developed from an ever-changing climate.

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    NCEES is the body that performs several functions in the administration of the professional side of engineering and land surveying practice. It creates, oversees, and administers the Fundamentals of Engineering and Principles and Practice exams required by all 50 states for consideration prior to granting licensure. It also offers a records keeping service for licensees to manage their credentials making the comity and reciprocity processes easier., as well as providing credential review for licensure applicants. It is the College Board for engineers and surveyors.

(I cannot find the article cited above in FBPE's Quarterly Newsletter nor on its website.)

Why have calculators? Or measurements? Sounds like White Supremacy, and they should be abolished.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    This whole thing can be summed up very easily.

The climate of the planet Earth has always been in a state of flux. It has always dipped into extremes that threaten human life.

We do not have, and have never had, the ability to exert truly significant targeted change on the climate. The forces at work are too big and too complex.

What we DO have, is the ability to protect ourselves and shelter from those extremes of climate better than at ANY TIME in human history. This is made possible by, among other things, an extremely robust energy infrastructure.

What climate activists want to do is take away that robust infrastructure and the protection it offers, in the hope the small impact its byproducts have on the climate will somehow keep it from threatening human life. It won't, because long before we even started making campfires, it could still get cold enough to freeze people to death, and it could still get hot enough to kill people from heatstroke.

They are working to take away the best protection humanity has developed from an ever-changing climate.
    An excellent summary. We have to push back on this, because the next big push against civil society will use this mechanism. And it makes me happy to bump my post again:

CO2 Coalition

Really, think about this: A 4.6 billion-year-old planet with an 8000-mile diameter, with a molten core (heat, etc.), with an atmosphere that is only 50 miles/240,000ft thick (being rather generous), that orbits a star only 93 million miles away with 330,000 times the earth's mass and that emits enough radiation to burn your naked ass in 30 minutes, is having its weather unalterably changed over the course of the next 5/10/15 years (whatever it is now) by the presence of a weak greenhouse gas, CO2, that happens to now be at its lowest level in damn near the entire history of the planet -- a history punctuated by global glaciations while that weak greenhouse gas was far higher than it is now -- and that also happens to be the basis of plant life (and therefore atmospheric oxygen), a gas whose greenhouse effect is dwarfed by that of water vapor (on a planet with a surface area that consists of 70% water), and that geologically is currently in an interglacial period. The models that generated this political bullshit have predicted nothing correctly -- not sea level change, polar ice cover, or weather.

And everybody believes it anyway, to the extent that they are handing the management of the world's economy to elderly megalomaniacs with an agenda based on their own personal power. You're not even allowed to question it -- otherwise sensible people have agreed with the ridiculous premise that CO2 is a deadly poison that must be eliminated from the surface of the earth. Every August, everybody runs around like it's not supposed to be hot. Every time there's a drought, everybody acts like it's the very first time it's been dry too long. "Hurricane season" started in June, and how many hurricanes have devastated the coastlines already inundated by the molten ice caps? How many times over the past 20 years of this shit have the hurricane predictions been correct?

Really, the children are in charge now, seeking validation for "caring about the planet," running around yelling about "carbon" -- the 4th most abundant element in the physical universe --being a deadly poison. Their managers are common criminals whose entire agenda is money and control, and we are letting it happen. It is the result of the shitty science education we received in the government schools, and it probably cannot be stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    This is why I let them 2 shot me, I don't much care about the consequences to myself if it means my family is ok. Pride wasn't going to keep my family fed and insurance will look after them all if it all goes bad later.
    If the situation was that dire, I can't blame you. But if it was, you need to recognize that you have become a slave to your employer.

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    I received this via email yesterday from the Florida Board of Professional Engineers:

To avoid legal liability when the planes crash, the buildings fall down and the sewers overflow into the streets.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    If the situation was that dire, I can't blame you. But if it was, you need to recognize that you have become a slave to your employer.
    If you let them do that to you, they will come for you family next and you will no longer be in a position to do anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    There aren't many who are truly free, we all work for someone.

I did learn a valuable lesson about preparedness though and I won't be extorted by my government ever again.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    I did learn a valuable lesson about preparedness though and I won't be extorted by my government ever again.
    Good.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    If you let them do that to you, they will come for you family next and you will no longer be in a position to do anything about it.
    Very good point. Like Rip said in either a 2020 or 2021 podcast, you showed them your belly. What are you prepared to do when they come for your throat?