starting strength gym
Page 2422 of 3021 FirstFirst ... 14221922232223722412242024212422242324242432247225222922 ... LastLast
Results 24,211 to 24,220 of 30206

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post

And look at this very good example of COVID propaganda:

Ivermectin — once touted as a Covid treatment by conservatives — doesn't improve recovery much, clinical trial finds

It was "touted" as a treatment by "conservatives," you see.
    Interesting attempt to move the goalposts. The mainstream media goes all in on "Ivermectin is a horse med, it won't help you and may kill you." Now they want us to think they were proven correct because a study suggests that - for mild to moderate cases - it only helps a small amount. That's still a long way from useless and possibly harmful.

Plus, taking one day off recovery time on average is still a pretty big deal when you think about a large population of people who don't work while they have it. Not to mention that the same media worships the idea of small benefits if they cone from a patented drug, a mask or a lockdown.

Quote Originally Posted by DylanClarke View Post
    Interesting attempt to move the goalposts. The mainstream media goes all in on "Ivermectin is a horse med, it won't help you and may kill you." Now they want us to think they were proven correct because a study suggests that - for mild to moderate cases - it only helps a small amount. That's still a long way from useless and possibly harmful.
    What was the dose administered?

Democrats Form Committee To Get To The Bottom Of Who Did All Those Lockdowns And Vaccine Mandates | Babylon Bee

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    What was the dose administered?
    They're saying 0.4mg /kg which looks to be the bottom end of the range FLCCC suggests, although FLCCC say to use it for at least 5 days and they only used it for 3 days in the study. I'd guess they did it at this level because they were hoping to have the study fail, but also wanted to be able to argue it was a valid study by using amounts right at the bottom end of what might be effective.

The thing I find interesting - from both a scientific and a propaganda perspective - is their overall claim that there's no reason to take Ivermectin if it just makes you recover a bit quicker. Why the hell shouldn't I take a drug with minimal risk that will make me feel a bit better and recover a bit quicker? Would they make the same statements about Tylenol or Ibuprofen?

Even if their study was valid (which the low dosing and number of days administered throws into question) it should still support the use of Ivermectin.

Quote Originally Posted by DylanClarke View Post

Plus, taking one day off recovery time on average is still a pretty big deal when you think about a large population of people who don't work while they have it. Not to mention that the same media worships the idea of small benefits if they cone from a patented drug, a mask or a lockdown.
    They've been pretty dodgy with the ivermectin trials so far. They usually seem stacked up to have the drug fail. I still can't say for sure I believe the stuff works, but I do believe at least there are dosing instructions that won't harm you. If there's anyone out there who took way too much of the stuff and got hurt because of it, it's because they've done their damnedest to remove any information out there for people trying to figure out how to dose themselves with it.

The BMJ: FDA is silent on covid-19 vaccine safety signals
    FDA urged to publish follow-up studies on covid-19 vaccine safety signals | The BMJ

A brilliant short video by professor Norman Fenton. He explains in a clear and simple way, how the "14 days to work" for the gene therapy products creates statistical illusions of high efficacy.
    How an illusion of efficacy can be established for any treatment - YouTube

More on the illusions of vaccine efficacy

Quote Originally Posted by johnst_nhb View Post
    I commented a year ago that spike proteins have been known to be cytotoxic for decades.

This was not ignorance at play. It was an attempt to make a spike protein that could trigger an immune response but did not possess known problems.

It’s a good idea from a biotech theoretical pov. Things like this are what biotech does.

It’s one of those things that would definitely need to go through a rigorous schedule of animal, pre-clinical and clinical trials. So we would likely know within a decade.

Oh, wait...
    Operation Warp Speed. How far can they Fuck Around before this little video applies?

The Real Fuck Around / Find Out Curve

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    They've been pretty dodgy with the ivermectin trials so far. They usually seem stacked up to have the drug fail. I still can't say for sure I believe the stuff works, but I do believe at least there are dosing instructions that won't harm you. If there's anyone out there who took way too much of the stuff and got hurt because of it, it's because they've done their damnedest to remove any information out there for people trying to figure out how to dose themselves with it.
    Look up the LD50 of ivermectin, and then tell me how you get hurt.

Reality strikes
    Wind farm in Germany is being dismantled to expand coal mine

ICYMI - PayPal has reinstated its $2,500 fine for "misinformation."
    Acceptable Use Policy

PayPal User Agreement - PayPal US

----
    Even animals they injected with the Covid shots are ‘’dying suddenly’’

Toronto Zoo | Media Room

Toronto Zoo animals receive COVID vaccine

Toronto Zoo’s red panda cub ‘Baby Spice’ has died | The Star
    -------