starting strength gym
Page 2440 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 14401940234023902430243824392440244124422450249025402940 ... LastLast
Results 24,391 to 24,400 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Rigged is not worse. Wasn't rigged means we're all in fact stupid enough to vote for these people. That's much worse, because it can't be fixed.
    If you mean voting for ANYONE exhibits stupidity I’ll agree. But otherwise most of the races were roughly 50/50.

You really think it's broken? I think it's working just like they designed it to work.
    The vote tabulation process for ballots dropped off at polling places in Maricopa County is a bottleneck. Drop-off ballots are sent to a central tabulation site to be opened, authenticated, and counted. Other AZ counties get their drop-off ballots counted more timely by employing a real time voter authentication and ballot tabulation process on site. The MC process may be the result of a grand conspiracy or perhaps just a stupid idea that needs to be fixed. Either way this part of the problem can be eliminated.

Holding early ballots and mail-in ballots (about one million ballots) to be counted after polls close can also be expedited and tabulated faster if the appropriate resources are employed.

All AZ ballots are paper ballots and are tabulated just like in Brazil. There should be no excuse for delays in counting to continue.

Various forms of cheating will continue to occur, but we won't have to wait several days to see the results of the tabulation.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    If you mean voting for ANYONE exhibits stupidity I’ll agree. But otherwise most of the races were roughly 50/50.
    And they should have been 80/20.

Rigged is not worse. Wasn't rigged means we're all in fact stupid enough to vote for these people. That's much worse, because it can't be fixed.

Some interesting things here: This is the most important thread you can read following what happened last night | Not the Bee
    Exactly. You can’t fix Stupid.

Correction: 97/3.

So, two choices: it was rigged, or it wasn't rigged. Which is worse? Think carefully...
    If it wasn't rigged, then PA just legitimately elected an actual retarded person to the United States Senate. Not rigged, means the country is way past the point of no return.

Yeah, it's the closeness that's the most disheartening part. Even the wins were uncomfortably narrow. And we STILL don't have info on who's got majority in house and senate. Sad truth is though, the broad choice here was always between ineffective government and self-destructive government. Even if ineffective is the obvious preference to self destructive, ineffective doesn't exactly motivate people to bother voting. Republicans failed to put out much of a coherent message or policy agenda that people could expect from voting for them. They even ran some pretty dogshit candidates like Dr. Oz.

People here are shitting on DeSantis but he's actually done things and implemented policy that reflect what conservative and even many moderate voters want. He's also gone to work stamping out vote fuckery in his state. No surprise, his race was NOT a close one, and elections there were wrapped up with punctuality. Further evidence of the guy's success is he barely won the first time around, with a .4% lead. This time, nearly a 20% lead. He actually won people over based on his first term performance. A lot of them. That is NOT something that happens often for politicians. Yeah, the GOP establishment is getting behind the guy, because they know his coattails are the only thing they can hope to ride to any semblance of power in the foreseeable future. What they need to do though, is emulate what has made him a success, not merely try and hitch themselves onto him.

It was so obviously rigged. This outcome simply does not happen under these circumstances. It's like snow in July. Everyone intuits this, but some find ways to convince themselves otherwise.

I am looking at this somewhat detached. I did not vote, and I have no intention of ever voting again. I didn't even bother checking the results last night. I didn't predicted anything. I just didn't care. It doesn't really matter to me at this point. We are past that. Perhaps if a genuine strongman arrived, I'd vote for him to kick these people's teeth in. But short of that, I'm done.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    Don’t forget the timing of the “abortion” leak. Wtf? The ONLY thing that could prevent a great red wave. Fuck, even the progressives hung on and won seats.

This is analogous to having the fake pandemic right before the Trump election. The ONLY way he could lose, is mass death.

See the pattern?
    Yeah, I think they played the abortion card, and it worked here in Michigan.

starting strength coach development program
    Not being pithy, but what did everyone expect would happen? I don't see much that's bad news from the election cycle. States that were problems were still obvious problems. States like Florida showed a significant difference in outcomes after passing (and enforcing) election laws. The demographics are just coming out, but seem to provide a robust picture that contrasts everything well within diverse populations across the country. I think you guys don't recognize how difficult it is to change minds on a large scale, and certainly in a way that goes against basic human nature (seeking safety and comfort).

Sure, not everything got fixed overnight, but that's never how it works. If managed correctly going forward, this is a tremendous positive change in momentum in the direction we desire (decency, morality, common sense). This is good news because it points to the potential to meaningfully make lasting social and political changes.