starting strength gym
Page 2481 of 3023 FirstFirst ... 14811981238124312471247924802481248224832491253125812981 ... LastLast
Results 24,801 to 24,810 of 30229

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post
    Sorry, the only long-term trend in those prices is large, sustained increase.
    Have you considered the possibility that their income is shrinking and supply is constricting at the same time?
    Try the long term trend. There is something of a high in nominal terms, but hardly any in real terms. When you factor in high feed and fuel prices, you will see that the entire system is on the verge of unprofitability: EU historical series

There is something of a trend in diminishing cattle production in Northern Europe (which is again an artifact of high labor costs and thus continually decreasing profitability), but Central and Eastern Europe are seeing massive investments, which will pick up the slack in several years and push the prices down significantly. I am calculating long term trends on 1,5-2 eur/kg raw meat in my business plans - per bank instructions. My clients' profits in 2020 and 2021 have been at all time highs, we have seen 200 percent increases in some instances, but this is getting seriously deflationary.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    Why are the shelves at my grocery store half empty now?
    Why have my food prices more than doubled?
    Why is the number of cattle in the US lower than it has been since the 1940s?
    Don't be childish please.

The food price doubling is simply a mind game: we never saw annual inflation before, so we're being un-conditioned from the fantasy, utopian, zero-inflation environment that our crafty politicians strong-armed from other nations through their parking of credit overseas for at least the past half-decade (as Denniger has written on extensively). This whole concept still has me baffled as I always took pride in our amazing Rule of Law and other economic policies that gifted us low mortgage and other interest rates. Denniger says many of our greatest companies are simply shells built on cheap money with nothing of value to offer, soon to collapse under their own weight, which I suppose we can begin fact-checking soon. The idea that we simply three-card-monte'd the money that we'd printed, out of sight and out of mind, is one I'm still struggling to grasp.

So, the food prices doubling are simply inflation catching up, the chickens coming home to roost, a.k.a.: Zero Tolerance for Russia's aUtHorItaRianIsm Causing us to Collapse our own Zero-Intere$t Money System.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    Why are the shelves at my grocery store half empty now?
    Why have my food prices more than doubled?
    Why is the number of cattle in the US lower than it has been since the 1940s?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    Don't be childish please.
    Are these not legitimate questions?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post
    The food price doubling is simply a mind game: we never saw annual inflation before, so we're being un-conditioned from the fantasy, utopian, zero-inflation environment that our crafty politicians strong-armed from other nations through their parking of credit overseas for at least the past half-decade (as Denniger has written on extensively). This whole concept still has me baffled as I always took pride in our amazing Rule of Law and other economic policies that gifted us low mortgage and other interest rates. Denniger says many of our greatest companies are simply shells built on cheap money with nothing of value to offer, soon to collapse under their own weight, which I suppose we can begin fact-checking soon. The idea that we simply three-card-monte'd the money that we'd printed, out of sight and out of mind, is one I'm still struggling to grasp.

So, the food prices doubling are simply inflation catching up, the chickens coming home to roost, a.k.a.: Zero Tolerance for Russia's aUtHorItaRianIsm Causing us to Collapse our own Zero-Intere$t Money System.
    It's not just credit overextension and inflation correction. It's also simultaneously a disruption of every industry involved in supporting agriculture, every logistics and transportation chain, and artificial swings in demand. As prices were rising at the grocery store in 2020 and 2021, historic amounts of milk, produces, meat stock, etc. were being dumped and destroyed before they ever left a farm because they were dedicated to the restaurant industry separate from groceries. Eggs and other perishables were rotting on store shelves and in restaurant walk-ins because there weren't enough workers to keep up with the normal schedule of harvesting them quickly enough.

These disruptions have a continuous effect even now, and are compounded by yet more which will continue to occur on global to local scales as global trade continues to break down.

Food is noticeable because it has some of the tightest margins for profit, but it's happening universally to some degree or another. Even your local farmers' market depends on global systems for everything from the gas to get to town to the mason jars for your preserves.

It's a death spiral (not dooming, Jovan... it's not going to die overnight). Which is why I say screw globalism AND the federal government. State and local governments need to get really smart and make very good policy to shift all of this into an American problem solved by Americans and not government. Waiting too long essentially dooms everyone to building the ark after the flood has come.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    Try the long term trend. There is something of a high in nominal terms, but hardly any in real terms. When you factor in high feed and fuel prices, you will see that the entire system is on the verge of unprofitability: EU historical series
    Did you look at this link? Here is the past decade. The last 2 years stick out clearly, with prices rising much faster than wages:

Musk: https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1601894132573605888
    My pronouns are Prosecute/Fauci
    America's largest defense contractor seizes the enemy's most effective 5th Gen Warfare weapon and turns it back against the enemy. First the "twitter files", then child trafficking and now Fauci.

Elon Musk is looking more Q-like each day.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Are these not legitimate questions?
    They are, I was too rash. They don't have anything to do with my assertion that there is a famine coming. Rather, long term trends point to less farmers wanting to compete in a deflationary market - this must be visible from your vantage point in Texas. Or rather, you might pay more for food, but you will most certainly not starve to death. You might in New Work, but not because food will be too expensive, but because rowing gangs will block the entrance corridors there.

Grant Wahl, an american soccer writer, who preached the vaxx and demonized the unvaxxed on twitter, just died a few days ago, collapsing during one of the matches of the world cup.
    This is so funny and not one bit sad, honestly.

starting strength coach development program
    Put Not Your Trust In Jordan Peterson - James Delingpole

Peterson is a manipulator. Even if I trusted operators in the psychiatric business - which I don’t: Freud, like his nephew Edward Bernays, did much to weave the evil spell which continues to bewitch so many today - I find the way he uses language very telling. Often, when speaking publicly, he’ll slip into psychiatric jargon which might be fine if he were writing academic papers but which is wholly inappropriate from somebody who fancies himself as a public communicator.

If you want in good faith to popularise important truths and reach the widest audience, then clarity is all. Peterson’s style smacks to me of Belial-like casuistry designed to deceive rather than illuminate. And also of someone exploiting his target audience’s insecurities. He’s not after the top-tier thinkers, who might too easily see through him. Rather, he’s aiming at a less intellectually secure group, the kind that might go: “I don’t understand everything he’s saying, which must mean he’s really clever and I should make him my guru.”

Then there’s all the circumstantial stuff. The Illuminati hand signals; the ‘take the damn vaccine’; the banning of speaker Faith Goldy from a free speech event he was promoting; the spectacular, sudden, almost unwonted (by someone allegedly on ‘the right’) success of his book; the rock star promo; the love-in with Netanyahu…
    He exists so prosperously because he was billed to tame young men who are susceptible to "radicalization", i.e. young men who can recognize the cancer and just might grow the balls to do what's necessary to cut it out. Of course Globohomo wants to turn them into more crying sad sacks hooked on pills, just like JBP.

---

Meanwhile in Clown World:

EU President Ursula von der Leyen Announces Review of Protected Status for All European Wolves After a Wolf Kills Her Pony

These people are so ripe for the guillotine that their branches are bending.