starting strength gym
Page 2485 of 3020 FirstFirst ... 14851985238524352475248324842485248624872495253525852985 ... LastLast
Results 24,841 to 24,850 of 30199

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    Musk will not bite the hand that feeds him...and it looks like that hand is the DOD. But, whose DOD? The current one? Or a DOD he believes will exist in the future? Follow the money.

All I've learned from all of this is...nothing is ever as it seems; everything is an operation. Everything.
    You are at the very least onto something. I think that the behind the scenes conflict is in full swing. It will go on at least until the presidential election. We can only follow the breadcrumbs. The official line is not much more important than afternoon TV soap operas.

Why did many of us here...without medical or scientific training...figure this out so easily and so long ago?
    Because we weren't putting careers at risk by thinking it.

Why did many of us here...without medical or scientific training...figure this out so easily and so long ago?
    We've all seen how one funny guy from Texas can be so right about something, while the entire "exercise science" establishment gets it so wrong. The fallibility of "experts" was as clear as day to us before any of this started. No, more than that. We didn't just know they could be fallible, we knew the experts could be completely fucking retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
    I wonder if they would ever do a study looking at car accidents as a result of heart related complications.

It is typical of Canada to help promote such a study though. I am sure this so-called "study" will be used to create and promote government and institutional policy. Surely, this idea was concocted in-house prior to the authors commencement of said study.
    Seems obvious. How would you like to be a "scientist" in Canada, where the government tells you what science is, and not the other way around? Or maybe "scientists" in Canada don't need to be told what they are supposed to do. That's the way it works here.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post
    I still surmise that the sh*tty schools analogy is best: you may want to fight to fix your crappy local schools, but at some point you will not sacrifice your child's future by continuing to send him to those schools as you valiantly fight to repair them. Life is quite short and your progeny must live beyond you, so you move to a new school district or place your child in a private school, even as the government continues to extract money from you for those shitty schools.
    A very practical argument. At some point we have to stop being concerned with the country, because the country is no longer concerned with us.

Related: Emails Show CDC Removed Defensive Gun Use Stats After Gun'-'Control Advocates Pressured Officials in Private Meeting | The Reload

The Center For Disease Control (CDC) deleted a reference to a study it commissioned after a group of gun-control advocates complained it made passing new restrictions more difficult.

The decision to remove a CDC-commissioned report from the agency’s website on gun statistics at the apparent behest of gun-control advocates may further strain its relationship with Congressional overseers, especially pro-gun Republicans who are set to take control of the House next year. The relationship between the two, already frayed over the Coronavirus pandemic, could reach new lows not seen in decades. During the 1990s, Congress put restrictions on CDC funding in response to officials openly working with gun-control groups to try and ban handguns.

“We need to revolutionize the way we look at guns, like what we did with cigarettes,” Mark Rosenberg, director of the CDC’s National Center for Injury Prevention, told The Washington Post in 1994. “It used to be that smoking was a glamour symbol–cool, sexy, macho. Now it is dirty, deadly–and banned.”

Bryant and GVA have gained notoriety for its count of “mass shootings” that uses a much broader definition, with any shooting where four or more victims are injured compared to the Associated Press definition of four or more killed. The difference in methodology results in a near-ten-fold difference in the number of identified “mass shootings.” GVA’s count, alongside its near-real-time tracking of shootings through media reports, has been widely cited by media outlets since it was launched in 2013.

Conversely, GVA uses the most conservative criteria for what constitutes a defensive gun use. Instead of attempting to capture any time a person legally uses a gun to defend themselves or others, it only counts incidents that make it into media reports or police reports (though it’s unclear how many police reports they have access to). The site’s methodology takes a strikingly dismissive tone towards any other potential defensive gun uses.

“Our policies do not take into account stories not reported, ‘I can’t believe this happened to me’ scenarios or extrapolations from surveys,” the methodology reads. “Our position is that if an incident is significant enough that a responsible gun owner fears for their life and determines a need to threaten lethal force it is significant enough to report to police so law enforcement can stop that perpetrator from harming someone else.”
    So, there are 400 million guns in the hands of private citizens in this country, and we are the most heavily-armed society in the history of civilization. There are probably 40 million "AR-15s" in private possession, and they want to ban them.

No. Now, what are you going to do? Your move, children.

I don't normally link to college shit, but this is how you get more bridges to fall down: "Decolonizing" Light

Finally, room in physics for people who can't do the math.

I think DJT just put a massive damper on a chance of making it through the primaries with the insane NFT card move. It's not that I give a damn about them. It's that the magic is gone from the staff he needs to have a chance to win a campaign. Which is terribly sad. The whole reason I don't want Desantis running for POTUS was never because I wanted Trump instead. It's because I don't believe 2024 will be winnable for any Republican for reasons made obvious by everyone's favorite county -- Maricopa. Why tie up any state, or even local, semi-competent-office-holding Republican in a failed attempt?

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    We need more men who have been in and out of prison, and wouldn't mind going again, on our side.
    We're going to need alliances with a number of people that modern society would find déclassé. We need to think of the coming struggle like a bus route. We might not all be going to the same destination. But if we can, for a time, agree to go in the same general direction, we might find our numbers large enough to form a nice little rebellion.

Quote Originally Posted by mkm5 View Post
    JP describes the situation much better:

The Nuclear Energy Luggage Thief! - YouTube
    I quite enjoyed that. I didn't realize wearing a dress wouldn't diminish my appreciation for that man's thighs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post
    My hot take is, why take on governments when travel and emigration is so much easier? Today's American tax serf$ have a whole host of nations more favorable to non-minority, non-communist people, and both the physical travelling process and emigration procedures are much easier than they were for our forefathers, who had to spill their blood to replenish the tree of liberty. Yes, the cultural and historical roots of your homeland may be painful to abandon, but it is utopian to think these roots are still settled in America: they were really "abandoned" beginning 3-4 decades ago when no one pushed back enough as the slow-boil "Changes" were being fought for, won, and initiated. I still surmise that the sh*tty schools analogy is best: you may want to fight to fix your crappy local schools, but at some point you will not sacrifice your child's future by continuing to send him to those schools as you valiantly fight to repair them. Life is quite short and your progeny must live beyond you, so you move to a new school district or place your child in a private school, even as the government continues to extract money from you for those shitty schools.
    This is a conversation I have with myself frequently. I hold more metal and weapons than my ancestors. I have retained my land and property in spite of my husband's death. I am arguably doing better than the generations who came before me in some ways but worse in others. Do I leave and become landless (at least for the moment) but gain other freedoms? Or do I hold my territory and fight if need be? My boy is off making his way in Texas, my girl is grown enough to make her way when she chooses. My future is my own. There may be other countries that are favorable. But I don't owe those who want to destroy this one an easy time of it. Why should we not fight for what is ours? Why should we have to move, to run? Make them run. We are right. We have the numbers if people are willing. People just want to live in peace and warmth and have food -- they aren't genuinely on board with all this woke globalism bullshit. We are Americans. We have the blood of generations of rebels in us. We are the descendants of privateers, rum runners, and tax evaders. Never mind the intrepid and poorly behaved explorers who claimed the place. And now we're just gonna hand it over? Bullshit. I want them to have to fight tooth and nail to bring this country to heel. I want them to have to lose every last bit of veneer and show who they really are. The harder they clamp down, the more they show their true colors, the more people will side with us and see what needs doing.

Then the other half of my brain makes the argument you do and reminds me that I have no idea where my destiny lies so I might not ought to get so uppity about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post

Nuclear Fusion is Here!!!! Nuclear fusion passes major milestone: net energy generation

My ass. How often do they run this story? And look at the way the propaganda is woven into the text:

How much more energy? And what was the source of the energy used to power the laser? Was it "clean"? How much did this experiment contribute to climate change?
    Lookie here: My take: fusion "breakthrough" a total dud – HotAir

First, the net energy gain is a myth. It is true that the scientists ignited the fuel and the energy release was more than the energy put into the fuel pellet. But that is not what you should be interested in. The energy used to put that energy into the pellet was vastly more than what was released.

In simple terms the lasers delivered X amount of energy to ignite the fusion process, and the fusion process delivered about 1.5X coming out. But in order to deliver that X amount of energy (about 2 million joules) they needed 150X to generate it.

In other words, the net energy “breakthrough” was actually a huge energy drain. It took 300 joules of energy to get just over 3 joules out.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post

So, there are 400 million guns in the hands of private citizens in this country, and we are the most heavily-armed society in the history of civilization. There are probably 40 million "AR-15s" in private possession, and they want to ban them.

No. Now, what are you going to do? Your move, children.
    I don’t think it’s as hard as you think. There’s far more ways to move the ball closer to “no guns” than there are to move the ball in the opposite direction.
    First and foremost time is on their side, there is an anti gun position and this is not opposed by any institution, politically or otherwise. What there is, are institutions that legally defend encroachments against those rights. But you don’t win by playing defense, you either draw or lose. 9 draws followed by 1 loss is not a track record to be proud of. The trend is against you.
    Has there ever been a time in American history where gun owner rights have increased? Automatic weapons will never be made legal again, bump stocks will never be made legal again.