starting strength gym
Page 2512 of 3020 FirstFirst ... 15122012241224622502251025112512251325142522256226123012 ... LastLast
Results 25,111 to 25,120 of 30199

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    The only full Lex Friedman interview I've watched in full was John Carmack, and I really enjoyed it. If he's in his wheelhouse of computer programming, I think he's alright. His would be a decent enough podcast in the tech niche.

But Yngvi is absolutely right. You don't just pop out of nowhere as an autistic programmer type and book all the biggest names in the podcasting circuit for 4 hour blocks. He was essentially boosted to Joe Rogan's level overnight. Obviously manufactured. And it's not a coincidence that he ascended just around the time that the powers that be were getting frustrated with Rogan's stubborn bucking of the COVID and vaccine narratives. I think they chose a "tech guy" because there has been a lot of worrisome narrative straying in the higher IQ professions, and they thought he would appeal to that demographic. That was supposed to be Bill Gates' job, but he failed spectacularly.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    The only full Lex Friedman interview I've watched in full was John Carmack, and I really enjoyed it. If he's in his wheelhouse of computer programming, I think he's alright. His would be a decent enough podcast in the tech niche.

But Yngvi is absolutely right. You don't just pop out of nowhere as an autistic programmer type and book all the biggest names in the podcasting circuit for 4 hour blocks. He was essentially boosted to Joe Rogan's level overnight. Obviously manufactured. And it's not a coincidence that he ascended just around the time that the powers that be were getting frustrated with Rogan's stubborn bucking of the COVID and vaccine narratives. I think they chose a "tech guy" because there has been a lot of worrisome narrative straying in the higher IQ professions, and they thought he would appeal to that demographic. That was supposed to be Bill Gates' job, but he failed spectacularly.
    I have no idea how he became popular. I always thought he was just Joe Rogan's friend (he also does bjj) and that's why he became popular.
    I've enjoyed some of his podcasts and the way he approached them and the recent initiative to read one classic book a week and review it on his channel.
    He definitely seems to be a very "neutral" type of person with a tendency to go towards the main narrative, but he still asks a lot of questions and was the only one who did a decent interview with Kanye West after his whole thing went down.

But I don't think he was "put there" by anyone.
    If so, who?

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    Maybe he recently got his booster shot; the shaking means it's working!

Lex Fridman is a terrible communicator, pretentious and dull, yet he somehow convinces accomplished people to come on his podcast.
    He came out of nowhere to be promoted endlessly by social media algorithms and the media.
    Is it because he falsely tries to give the impression he is a professor at MIT?
    Because he intentionally overstates his research and ties to MIT? (Only has one published first-author paper in 7 years as an affiliate researcher at MIT and two more papers with his name on them. Including this mask-propaganda paper: An evidence review of face masks against COVID-19)
    He may not even technically be or have been employed by MIT: Lex Fridman says his role at MIT is actually more impressive than his Wikipedia says and what ppl give him credit for - Blind
    Google's autocomplete even mostly suggests he is a professor at MIT or a world-leading researcher; this is not a coincidence.
    He pushes the WEF propaganda from Ukraine war to Covid to transhumanism.
    Look at his Gibhub page and tell me if it looks like he is a leading AI researcher and programmer. (or the comments from ycombinator: Lex Fridman misrepresents his role at MIT to make himself sound more accomplishe... | Hacker News)
    There are reports from the censored social media places, like Reddit, that people get banned for saying anything remotely negative about Fraudman. Lex Fridman mods deleting and banning members saying anything remotely negative about Lex. : JoeRogan

Lex Fridman is an actor playing the modern podcast version of a TV scientist.
    He is a shameless grifter in a manufactured position, no different than Biden or Zelensky.
    Interesting take about Fridman. I have also wondered about his meteoric rise in the podcast space. He is very dull, his questions are only average.
    I have always thought maybe Rogan propped him up initially, but it has to be something more. And no one is a bigger media whore than Degrasse, tis actually embarassing to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    I think they chose a "tech guy" because there has been a lot of worrisome narrative straying in the higher IQ professions, and they thought he would appeal to that demographic. That was supposed to be Bill Gates' job, but he failed spectacularly.
    I actually have to thank Bill Gates for showing up. I kind of believed the narrative in early 2020 (kept my mom in house arrest), until he showed up. Then I was like, oh, so we’re doing this…

Quote Originally Posted by francesco.decaro View Post
    I have no idea how he became popular. I always thought he was just Joe Rogan's friend (he also does bjj) and that's why he became popular.
    I've enjoyed some of his podcasts and the way he approached them and the recent initiative to read one classic book a week and review it on his channel.
    He definitely seems to be a very "neutral" type of person with a tendency to go towards the main narrative, but he still asks a lot of questions and was the only one who did a decent interview with Kanye West after his whole thing went down.

But I don't think he was "put there" by anyone.
    If so, who?
    I have no idea who this Friedman guy is, but if Francesco likes him, I will side with Yngvi sight unseen.

Here's the Keebler Elve's great great grandmother (aka Secretary of the Treasury) telling us about inflation. I guess it's not transitory any more, and not her fault of course:

Exclusive: Janet Yellen On Whether Inflation Has Peaked, Risk Of Recession - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    I have no idea who this Friedman guy is, but if Francesco likes him, I will side with Yngvi sight unseen.
    I don’t understand the problem people have with Fridman. He seems extremely objective. And he like jj and judo, the power of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    I would do the same if I were you

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    I don’t understand the problem people have with Fridman. He seems extremely objective. And he like jj and judo, the power of it.
    I was just giving Francesco a hard time. I have tried to watch a couple of Fridman podcasts, didn’t make it far enough to form an opinion other that I am not interested in whatever he is selling.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    It appears that people are suspicious of how he came to be apparently overnight. It has the hallmarks of a manufactured star that will parrot what he's told.

I have no idea how you'd track or measure a podcast's success or how long he has been around. I believe he's been around for quite a few years tangentially to Rogan but I've never listened to him.