starting strength gym
Page 253 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 1532032432512522532542552633033537531253 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,530 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Waskis View Post

In your opinion Shea, was it worth destroying the economy of the whole world?
    I think perhaps it might be better to point out what happens when economies fail. To many they just hear, “Virus vs. Money” and presume that the higher moral ground is obviously with the virus.

It’s not just destroying the economy. It’s missed cancer diagnoses, homelessness, suicides, future drug/alcohol deaths, domestic violence increases, public health issues due to poverty, and many other issues that will come about because of the lockdown.

No one has ever stopped to ask which one will ultimately cost more lives: lockdown or virus? I’m not a scientist or a doctor, and I don’t pretend to be one. What I do know is that you can’t lock down an economy without the above issues.

There is a threshold in which a lockdown begins not to make sense economically EVEN IF it’s as dangerous as everyone suggests. Maybe it’s 6 months. Maybe it’s 6 days. No one is asking that question or asking for that analysis, though.... They’re just babbling on about the economy without the analysis of what that truly entails. It’s not money. It is every bit as much about lives as the virus!

Do you think it was a joke that my people were murdered in ww2 or do you just find yourself being too cool to engage with anything? This is the problem with Americans, they would rather identify someone as a "pussy" than stand up for anything, thus 20 % of the population is laid off and you don't even bat an eye.... Keep going bro, stand up for your civil liberties

I'm not going to tell dbm to calm down, because I think he's right. The medical types on the board are ignoring the fact that they are being used to justify the destruction of the economy of the world. This is not hyperbole.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I'm not going to tell dbm to calm down, because I think he's right. The medical types on the board are ignoring the fact that they are being used to justify the destruction of the economy of the world. This is not hyperbole.
    Plus he sounds like a sort of hebrew Tupac.

Sad news, just been told my co-worker, passed away yesterday. To give you some background she was a 33 year old, diabetic, I recall her having a couple of blood transfusions in last few years because of it, also suffered from early stages of liver failure. She used to sit directly behind me for last 4 years up until the point of us being ordered to work from home at the end of March. I remember her last words before we left work that she was concerned as her treatment to remove a build of fluid in her legs had been postponed until September. If not dealt with by then it would become life threatening for her. Difficult to provide comfort at the thought of hospitals cancelling routine appointments made me sick to my stomach with anger. Little was I to know that would be the last time we would speak. Anyway my manager phoned me to let me know she'd been sent into hospital during lockdown because of the increased swelling. Unfortunately she contracted COVID19 in hospital and died. No one can attend the funeral but it will be broadcast on Facebook for family and friends to watch! I'm at a loss to all this, was it her diabetes that killed her, postponement of her treatment as the hospital was making way for COVID care, or was it her picking up COVID that did it? Sounds like we shall never know as no one is allowed in the hospitals.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Waskis View Post
    Let's accept everything you posted as 100% accurate. So COVID19 is just over twice as deadly as the flu, which is a thing society at large doesn't even bat an eye over (year after year). Maybe it would have been four times as deadly (twice again) if we just went about our lives. Maybe even eight times.

In your opinion Shea, was it worth destroying the economy of the whole world?
    Shea?

Quote Originally Posted by dbm77 View Post
    Do you think it was a joke that my people were murdered in ww2 or do you just find yourself being too cool to engage with anything? This is the problem with Americans, they would rather identify someone as a "pussy" than stand up for anything, thus 20 % of the population is laid off and you don't even bat an eye.... Keep going bro, stand up for your civil liberties
    You may be replying to me...
    “Too cool to engage with anything”?
    How about too depressed to engage in anything.
    I’m depressed very sick people are dying without their loved ones around them.
    I’m depressed we’re being lied to...
    Depressed about the businesses in my very entrepreneurial family that are going away perhaps for good.
    I’m depressed about virtually everything virus related, and everything that implies.
    Most depressing is that there are people (some in this very thread) who feel sacrifices for the greater good are acceptable. Which is the beginning of how/why your people were murdered in WWII.

I believe evil men and women will always conspire against us.

And this just in: IRS mistakenly sends stimulus checks to foreign workers - POLITICO

This should make everybody confident that normalcy is just a couple of weeks away.

33/1000 outpatients in Kobe,Japan had positive antibody tests. Again, this number is quite high, though (for multiple reasons) their inferences about the population are not worth reporting.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    This is pretty fucking dark. Shiva will not understand.
    Why the antagonism? I don’t think the lockdowns are economically feasible, at all.

starting strength coach development program
    "Economically feasible"? You really don't understand what's happened. In a couple of years, maybe.