starting strength gym
Page 2537 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 1537203724372487252725352536253725382539254725872637 ... LastLast
Results 25,361 to 25,370 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    To go back to the thread main topic, and in the wake of Jessie Lemonier's tragic death, I would like to bring to your attention this piece:

https://www.thefp.com/p/the-epidemic-of-diedsuddenly

I found it well balanced, and quite useful.

IPB

Quote Originally Posted by francesco.decaro View Post
    This is just dumb, sorry.
    Explain to me how the government can stop people from using bitcoins?
    "Stop people using" ≠ "make illegal"

Making it illegal prevents it's use in legal transactions. People generally don't pay their plumber in bricks of cocaine for a variety of reasons.

---------
    Courageous vaccine-injured nurse tells the FDA's advisory committee on vaccines about the 770 safety signals from mRNA COVID jabs that the CDC found and hid from the public.

They don't care, but at least they won't be able to say they didn't know.
    Nicole G's Presentation to the FDA's VRBPAC Expert Committee

https://twitter.com/joshg99/status/1...d7SmTENTg&s=19
    ----------

JUST IN: As Today's VRBPAC Meeting Ended, CDC Dep. Dir. Tom Shimabukuro Admits COVID Vaccines Are Causing "Debilitating Illnesses"

"We are aware of these reports of people experiencing long-lasting health problems following COVID vaccination"
    https://twitter.com/TheChiefNerd/sta...3Du9DIa9w&s=19

------

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    I don't think California directly could do anything; however, I can see a couple of indirect things that could possibly be done:

1. Sacramento tries to collect through the ex-pat's home state's government. This would depend on the political orientation of said government and how much California would be willing to cut the capital in on the shake-down. Realistically, this would go to the Supreme Court, but these days, who knows?
    2. Sacramento enlists Washington to assist via denial of Federal benefits if they don't pay a la what happens to American ex-pats overseas. This would mean the Federal government would be working for the states, a impossible scenario to imagine. Go directly to the Supreme Court, do not pass "Go." Again, stupider things have happened recently.

Whether they can or not, they are regardless going to try.
    Why would Texas collect taxes for California on income earned in Texas or assets accumulated in Texas, especially when Texas doesn't itself have an income tax?

Having Maxed Out Taxes On California Residents, Newsom Proposes New Tax On Florida Residents | Babylon Bee

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    There is still significant production capacity for solar panels, batteries, heat pumps and all that other jazz to sell at ridiculous markup, funded by the taxpayer. Once all that money is sucked out, nuclear and coal will come back as if they were never the devourers of worlds.
    There is no "money." There is only debt.

Quote Originally Posted by IlPrincipeBrutto View Post
    To go back to the thread main topic, and in the wake of Jessie Lemonier's tragic death, I would like to bring to your attention this piece:

The Epidemic of #DiedSuddenly

I found it well balanced, and quite useful.
    This might explain why we don't believe these voices-of-moderation guys:

Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) was scheduled to release the next round of excess death stats on 24th January, but on that day, the website's relevant page changed the 'next release' due date to "unknown" and published a shorter summary instead.

Regular reporting will apparently continue sometime in February. 2022 deaths from 1 Jan to 30 Sept were running at 16% above average. One could be forgiven for suspecting this interruption to normal reporting is to buy time, possibly to devise a brand new method of calculating excess deaths that is more palatable. I guess we'll find out next month.
    and this amazing bullshit:

"We are aware of these reports of people experiencing long-lasting health problems following COVID vaccination"
    https://twitter.com/TheChiefNerd/sta...3Du9DIa9w&s=19

But really, the problem is the complete absence of any mention of the Infection Fatality Rate of covid-19, and why it is somehow necessary to even discuss vaccinating people against a disease that is less likely to kill you than the flu.

Trust, once lost, is hard to regain. People feel that their medical leaders are withholding basic facts, denying reality, disregarding new information, or worse, causing them harm.

When people feel this way, they will look to other sources—even outlandish ones—that make them feel heard. Because of the continuing failures of our public health officials to discharge their duties properly, it is deeply unfortunate but also understandable that many Americans are turning to Twitter instead of the CDC.
    People's feelings are hurt, poor things. I realize that these guys condemn the vaccines, kinda, but the state media will use this for their own purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    I don’t mean to be rude but this level of naivety is common amongst Bitcoin enthusiasts.
    The government absolutely can 100% fuck bitcoin by just declaring it illegal. It doesn’t matter how much you have or how valuable it is, it’s now illegal. Sure it doesn’t affect it, but it affects you.
    If I just gave you 10 kilo’s of pure cocaine what would you do? Sure it’s valuable, but what are you actually going to do with it?
    Cocaine is not used as a reserve currency despite it having most of the properties of a potential currency.
    Precisely why gun, truck, or barbell ownership may become dangerous in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
    Once enough outcry happens ( which with regards to Aussies, I am rather skeptical) they will switch to nuclear. There are already discussions going on about nuclear power in Davos and Gates has shares in some companies. Sooner or later there will be a nuclear education program set up to educate and then integrate it into society. We are still a long way away, but it looks like the seeds are being planted.
    Home - TerraPower

I see they are finally looking into Molten salts over at terapower, so that's good. Gates wasted a decade or more on his pipedream traveling wave nonsense. The stuff they look to be doing now is useful based on established past research.

The reality is, if the US does not get back out front on this we are done as a world power. We need to be building LWR's as fast as we can to replace the aging fleet, and commit to having another gen 3 pilot plant online in 5 years with a full scale in 10. I'd like it to be liquid fuel and thorium, but we have enough 'spent' fuel sitting in pools for that to be the next generations problem.

Oil is never going away, but one day in the future it might be hard enough to get that things get painful. We need to have power on the grid to charge those electric cars or synthesize liquid fuels, period.

Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    "Stop people using" ≠ "make illegal"

Making it illegal prevents it's use in legal transactions. People generally don't pay their plumber in bricks of cocaine for a variety of reasons.
    Bitcoin is not being used because the government allows people to by making it legal.
    There is no such thing as a "legal" transaction in Bitcoin. So I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ads View Post
    Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) was scheduled to release the next round of excess death stats on 24th January, but on that day, the website's relevant page changed the 'next release' due date to "unknown" and published a shorter summary instead.

Regular reporting will apparently continue sometime in February. 2022 deaths from 1 Jan to 30 Sept were running at 16% above average. One could be forgiven for suspecting this interruption to normal reporting is to buy time, possibly to devise a brand new method of calculating excess deaths that is more palatable. I guess we'll find out next month.
    It sure looks like the state media narrative is changing to blame cardiovascular adverse side effects from the vaccine on the COVID virus itself. Long COVID or some such shit.

Quote Originally Posted by francesco.decaro View Post
    Bitcoin is not being used because the government allows people to by making it legal.
    There is no such thing as a "legal" transaction in Bitcoin. So I don't get it.
    We are not quite to the "That which is not mandatory is prohibited"-stage, yet. But if the government thinks that crypto transactions are being used to evade taxes, you are a complete fool if you think they will not do something about that. And you are not a complete fool. Bitcoin is going away, soon.

__________________________________________________ ____

The article is interesting, not anything you didn't already know. But the picture is interesting: President Biden Again Calls for 'Assault Weapons Ban' - Gun Reviews and News | GunsAmerica.com/Digest

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    We are not quite to the "That which is not mandatory is prohibited"-stage, yet. But if the government thinks that crypto transactions are being used to evade taxes, you are a complete fool if you think they will not do something about that. And you are not a complete fool. Bitcoin is going away, soon.
    I'm not a fool. Nor was the person or people who created Bitcoin, which was invented to fight centralized governments and currencies. Now, it could fail the test, but on paper and in practice, it hasn't yet. And people have used bitcoins in all kinds of illegal ways for 13 years.
    Again, what CAN they do about that?
    I have no idea about the scenarios that can play out, but Bitcoin is not going anywhere.
    It's like saying the Internet is going away because people do illegal activities with it.