starting strength gym
Page 256 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 1562062462542552562572582663063567561256 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,560 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    And this just in: IRS mistakenly sends stimulus checks to foreign workers - POLITICO

This should make everybody confident that normalcy is just a couple of weeks away.
    Rip,

That is normal. If they would have sent them where they were supposed to send them we would have known something was seriously wrong.

We should be grateful they aren't efficient.

I agree completely. But we have to be smart now. And we have to talk among ourselves about what we're going to do about it.
    That's how it was done in Poland. I know...I talked with the men and women who did it right after the Wall fell. Some of them still work for me.

Things make a whole lot more sense now. I figured this to be the case.

Fann Warns Arizona Legislators Against Opposing Ducey's Stay-At-Home Order | Arizona Daily Independent

People look at herd immunity all wrong. Its not saying that YOU are going to be lucky enough that your society will build up herd immunity before you're exposed and thus it will pass you by.

Its saying...You're fucked...your chance of getting it is high...even staying under your bed and wearing a face mask and drinking chicken soup through a straw....and in fact your just prolonging your worry and the people getting it are kind of lucky because they putting this shit behind them while you will have to keep worrying about..

Now I get that most people think they will be lucky enough that they just need to hold off until there's a vaccine or good treatment but remember its a coronovirus and these things are what cause the common cold and wheres the vaccine and treatment for that?....Nada,,,nothing...I mean if we still havent come up with ONE....JUST ONE GODDAMN cure or treatment yet for the common cold dont bank on a vaccine or effective drug for this...these things mutate fast...

No the only real treatment is to hurry up and catch it and get it over with so you can move on with your life...and for most people that might be a couple of days of not feeling 100% but youll be alright

Illinois is experiencing a downstate prairie fire revolt. The Sheriff of Bloody Williamson County has publicly announced he will not be enforcing the May Day house arrest extension by Gauleiter Pritzker. The Mayor of Marion, county seat of Williamson County had already green lighted businesses to reopen if they wish. The mayor of East Peoria has done likewise, and these are only the ones I know of at this time. Some RUMINT indicates spot fires like this springing up elsewhere in the outer and lower rural communities and counties. Many of which had already declared themselves 2nd Amendment sanctuaries from dem overreach from the capital in Springfield.

Pritzker has began to walk back his earlier monolithic approach to treating the entire state like Chicago, but not offered many specifics as yet. It should be noted that despite all of his sweating the shortage of ventilators and hospital beds, the field hospital set up in McCormick Place is now being taken apart having had very few overflow patients. There was also no shortage of ventilators. Pritzker and his tame lab rats are attributing this to their wisdom in the house arrest measures.

It remains to be seen what this might translate to politically in this state. It is unlikely to alter the deeply embedded dem DNA in Chicago and Crook County, but if the collar counties around Chicago flip red, it seems likely the executive branch of this state will do likewise. The legislative branch is a tossup at best.

Quote Originally Posted by wiigelec View Post
    When I'm cruising down the interstate everybody who is driving faster than me is an asshole, and everybody who is driving slower than me is also an asshole, and if someone pulls up next to me and drives the same speed they are the biggest asshole...
    I love this. Some situations seem to inherently elicit antagonism from us. Rising above it takes humility and heroism.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Harlin View Post
    This bullshit has to stop. There was an article in the local paper 2 days ago about a local barber that announced she was re-opening today. She had only $200 left in her bank. She called the state board and informed them that she had to work and rather than surreptitiously bring clients to her house, which is illegal, she was being up front with them. She stated that she planned to sanitize all capes and chairs between clients, wear a mask, and not allow people to wait in the shop. They did not provide her shop name in the paper, but I decided to try to find it to book an appointment. I told my wife at the time that I hope there are third party people there that can record any type of penalizing action. I was able to find her site but it said she is not taking new clients. Probably a wise move on her part. I found out today that a Barbour shop received a $1000 fine.

THESE FUCKING GOVERNMENT THUGS NEED TO BE VIDEOED AND SHAMED. IF YOU PLAN TO OPEN YOU SHOULD HAVE A PLAN TO VIDEO ANY INTERACTION WITH LAW OR BOARD MEMBERS AND POST THAT SHIT FOR ALL TO SEE.

All of these small businesses and independent contractors have been told to shut down and have received NO HELP. I know many tattoo artists, hair stylists, nail techs, personal trainers. They received no stimulus, no loans, no unemployment. YOU CANNOT TELL PEOPLE THAT THEY CANNOT PROVIDE FOR THEMSELVES WITH NO ASSISTANCE. Bullshit that people that are getting paid to sit on their couches watching this go down, many of them cheering.
    I’ve seen that too, two friends of mine are barbers and I’m self employed. In Connecticut we are finally being allowed to apply for unemployment insurance Monday, seems a little late wouldn’t they think, and as I’m sure you know, the small business loans haven’t been taking applications for quite some time now. Like you said, we were all forced to shut down unwillingly and given no resources to get by. It’s not like these barbers are wealthy by any means, they just rent a chair. I personally took a job in Massachusetts for the time being over an hour away because they are allowing my industry to continue during this shit. I was damaging my credit because I was overdrafted $1,500 and missing payments on bills, and have my savings tied up in a house closing that got extended twice because they are now changing the requirements for fha mortgages.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Waskis View Post
    I’m smoking ribs - does it matter if they prefer tomato-base, mustard-base, or dry rub?
    Dry rub every time

Quote Originally Posted by RKC View Post
    You may be replying to me...
    “Too cool to engage with anything”?
    How about too depressed to engage in anything.
    I’m depressed very sick people are dying without their loved ones around them.
    I’m depressed we’re being lied to...
    Depressed about the businesses in my very entrepreneurial family that are going away perhaps for good.
    I’m depressed about virtually everything virus related, and everything that implies.
    Most depressing is that there are people (some in this very thread) who feel sacrifices for the greater good are acceptable. Which is the beginning of how/why your people were murdered in WWII.

I believe evil men and women will always conspire against us.
    I do not seek to hurt others or exalt myself with this angry rhetoric. But any collateral damage from my angry rhetoric is far better than what is happening going unresisted

Quote Originally Posted by Shea Frazier View Post
    My great grandfather was a gypsy, so where does that put us?
    You're probably ok

Quote Originally Posted by spacediver View Post
    Why are you attacking a strawman here? I'm specifically talking about large mass gatherings, not a bbq.

And assigning high confidence to the midpoint of an estimate with such large bounds is the exact opposite of rational, especially when dealing with risk assessment.
    You avoided both of my questions. I’m not assigning any level of confidence to the midpoint of the estimate. I just picked a number in order to frame a question to you. Let me try again without using numbers to distract you:

Was destroying the world’s economy worth it given the risk presented by COVID19?

Also since I’m now curious: how many people do you believe I should be ALLOWED to have at MY HOUSE for ribs today?

starting strength coach development program
    I agree completely. But we have to be smart now. And we have to talk among ourselves about what we're going to do about it.
    We have to be very smart.

Speaking of smart, appears Orwell was one smart feller: Initiative seeks to challenge Trump's online megaphone - San Antonio Express-News.

"A new Democratic-aligned political action committee advised by retired Army Gen. Stanley McChrystal, the former head of U.S. forces in Afghanistan, is planning to deploy technology originally developed to counter Islamic State propaganda in service of a domestic political goal - to combat online efforts to promote President Donald Trump's handling of the coronavirus pandemic.

The group, Defeat Disinfo, will use artificial intelligence and network analysis to map discussion of the president's claims on social media. It will seek to intervene by identifying the most popular counter-narratives and boosting them through a network of more than 3.4 million influencers across the country - in some cases paying users with large followings to take sides against the president."

How did a "Democratic-aligned" PAC get hold of this defense related technology? Who's paying the "users with large followings"?

Looks to me like they are basically using counter-insurgency tools against a duly elected President of the United States. Kinda scary how they line up a former General who used advanced technology paid for by the US taxpayer & intended for use against foreign adversaries, to now try to defeat the will of US voters.

Smelling more and more like C19 was just another skirmish in a coup.