starting strength gym
Page 2560 of 3020 FirstFirst ... 1560206024602510255025582559256025612562257026102660 ... LastLast
Results 25,591 to 25,600 of 30198

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    This author has put into a very well organized and thought out piece something I've been saying for years since experiencing college. Sorry if its been shared before.

The ‘pandemic’ of overeducation – Graham Stull

I might not ‘get’ monetary theory, but I can accept as dogma that M x V = P x T. I might not ‘get’ calculus, but I can accept as dogma that f'(x) = r*x^(r-1) and dumbly apply this rule to enough problems on my term exam to get a passing grade.

The problem isn’t just that I graduate with no real understanding of maths or economics. It’s that by trying to educate myself beyond the limits of my own cognitive capacity, my brain becomes trained to accept a dogmatic link between premise and conclusion. The only thing I have really learned from four (or nine!) years of this charade is that there exists this sacred black box in which intellectual ‘things’ happen, and that is not to be questioned. Forever after, because my status as an educated person depends on the sanctity of that black box, I become a militant defender of whatever it might output. In other words, I become a zealous believer in ‘The Science’. Follow it. Follow it right off a cliff.
    People in this country have forgotten that college was supposed to be training for a profession. It is not general education. The goal is not simply to learn, but to learn what you need to be successful in a chosen career path. If the government would stop distorting the economics of higher education, perhaps we could return to that model.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    The original intent of Marxism was to subvert and destroy nations.
    I like your analysis, but I came across a decent argument recently. It says that the goal of Marxism was to revolutionize agrarian countries and force industrialization paid for by the taxpayer, which would later on be privatized. So a double whammy, first you profit from taxing the taxpayer via inflation and debt, then the usual suspects privatize the industries at bargain prices. As it happened all over the communist world. The West is probably in a reverse stage of that, old tactics for a new era.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    Not so much we, but they keep their monopoly on printing money to infinity.

But don't get me wrong. When the petrodollar finally falls, we are all going to feel a lot of pain. The 2020 riots are going to look like a flash in the pan by comparison when the dependent classes stop getting their paychecks. But that is just an unavoidable consequence that we're going to have to deal with eventually anyway. It would have been better if we dealt with it in 1990, and even better if we dealt with it in 1980. It's always going to be worse today than yesterday, but continuing to kick the can down the road just makes the burden on future generations greater. So let's just do the hard shit now instead of doing even harder shit tomorrow. The avoidant option of trying to salvage the empire and keep the ponzi scheme going is a fool's errand.
    Ok, for one, I don't think whether or not we have or win a conflict with China or Russia will change that situation, so respectfully I return to my original musing of why exactly we even need to engage them. The situation you are concerned about in this post is going to happen either way. But I ask you to define "pain". Will regular people who know how to work with what they have suffer or will it be city elites who all of a sudden can't get the new Apple phone? I think it's only the globalists who will truly suffer. The rest of us will buckle down and go back to the pre-globalist era where America actually makes things. And yeah, it might suck for six months while we get our heavy manufacturing up and running again but we'll be better in the long run. I don't think we disagree as to what needs to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
    Zeihan speaks big and sounds really convincing. As for me however, his haughtiness and overconfidence is a big red flag. I personally tend to harken to people who are more humble.
    I disagree. I don't have anything against haughtiness. I do like Zeihan's way of taking information from different disciplines and areas of life and putting it all into a more cohesive picture. A theory of everything. Showing how it's connected. But I guess we'll see. I may have to come back and say you were right if he proves to be full of shit. That beer's on me, lol. I'm currently reading his "The End of the World is Just the Beginning" and I have to say I deeply enjoy his writing style. It's pure joy to listen to a man talk about a topic he's genuinely interested in. The personal enjoyment and interest comes across in how the material is presented.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    I see, that makes more sense. It is a possibility, but I have the feeling that the Ukraine thing is prearranged between the smarter part of the US and Russian deep state, so I wouldn't worry.
    I think this too, the more I read. It's just such a weird hill for us to pick given all that's going on around the world.

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    I think we should start assigning D&D “alignments” to these characters. For example, is the Deep State Chaotic Neutral or Lawful Evil?
    Chaotic Neutral.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    Our rancher in Arizona who was arrested for the possibility of having defended himself against a large group of invaders armed with guns is charged with first degree murder and will likely be in jail until he dies; his family and property will almost certainly be targeted for revenge in the coming weeks or months too. The police force, DA, judge and jury in the county all are Mexican; he has no chance for a fair trial. In this Arizona county, some estimates put foreign-born individuals in excess of 2/3 of the population. The county is 90%+ Hispanic, almost all of Mexican heritage; 85%+ primarily speak Spanish. The American population and ranchers that previously made up almost the whole population there have been forced out of that county; this rancher was a holdout, like Clint Eastwood in Gran Torino.
    And this is what I mean. Our shit is a lot closer to home. People don't understand what's coming up from the south, but they will shortly. The southern border is where we need to be shipping arms, not Ukraine. (Another topic Zeihan gets right, imo.)

Doesn’t Marxism hinge on class warfare? We have that. In fact, we just had a mini race riot at Homestead High School in Fort Wayne, IN. A girl re-posted another girl’s blackface IG post from this past summer, during Black History Month. It went viral. Crowds of black kids wandered the halls throughout the day, brawling along the way. The admin abdicated authority and let it roll. The superintendent’s letter to parent was a shameful racist “we can do better”, yet it had nothing to do with the school.
    What you described is race warfare, not class warfare. What needs to happen IS a sort of class warfare, but it should be everyone else vs a very, very small class that has amassed retarded amounts of money and power, along with their trusted servants (most of our political leaders would be those). For clarification, most of today's millionaires would not even fall into that category. What class warfare we DO have is usually this top group manipulating the poor into coming after the middle and upper class for THEIR money, and also race and gender strife, all designed to divert our attention from them. There's a reason this social justice insanity mysteriously blew up in the media after Occupy Wall Street. The movement itself was wrecked by these people appearing and being elevated within it. The focus shifted away from all the insane excesses and illegal shit Wall Street not only gets away with but reaps immense rewards from, and instead moved to the "progressive stack". The same big businesses that thrive in this system became some of the biggest supporters of this nonsense. They basically pulled COINTELPRO shit.

Guns: Secret Service Releases Study on Mass Shootings, Mainstream Media Ignores a Huge Commonality - Gun Reviews and News | GunsAmerica.com/Digest

The Secret Service recently published a 60-page report detailing its data about mass public attacks. The study was conducted by the U.S. Secret Service’s National Threat Assessment Center and examines 173 incidents that occurred between 2016 and 2020.

Each attack included in the report resulted in at least “three or more individuals injured or killed across public or semi-public spaces, including businesses, schools, and houses of worship.”

Most articles you read about this study will have one commonality: they will point the finger at guns, placing responsibility on “guns” in general. But that statement is far from accurate, and the Secret Service would agree.

The term “mental health” is used 57 times in the 60-page report, yet the reports being generated by the mainstream media won’t mention that aspect at all.

This poses some serious concerns when you consider what the media’s role is in shaping the general public’s perception about the topic.
    Look at the pie chart: 96% of public mass shootings since 1950 have taken place in "Gun-Free Zones." But more laws are necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by golftdibrad View Post
    This author has put into a very well organized and thought out piece something I've been saying for years since experiencing college. Sorry if its been shared before.

The ‘pandemic’ of overeducation – Graham Stull

People in this country have forgotten that college was supposed to be training for a profession. It is not general education. The goal is not simply to learn, but to learn what you need to be successful in a chosen career path. If the government would stop distorting the economics of higher education, perhaps we could return to that model.
    Excellent find. Look at this:

I have also reduced my ability to create even those mindmaps that would otherwise be within my cognitive scope. University trains me not only to stupidly absorb the conclusions of others’ learning, but to deny myself the ability to engage in any of my own. I would be much better served by puzzling over how to put up fenceposts for free range chickens, at which I would succeed with my own two hands; rather than puzzling over, and ultimately failing, to understand fluid dynamics or molecular biology.

Then when a novel problem comes along, I am lost, for there is no equation for me to follow. Intellectually lost, I take to Twitter in a confused play for answers from the hashtags of authority I trust and identify with. How easy it becomes for they/them who wield these hashtags to guide me towards whatever dogma serves their/they’re interests. How stupidly will I cling to this dogma, with all the strength of my ‘education’. How heavily will I beat down dissent, with all the heft of my bourgeois status.

We need to stop educating people beyond their intellectual limits.
    Doctors, explained.

Laureys, does this concern you?

United States tells citizens: Leave Russia immediately | Reuters

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    What you described is race warfare, not class warfare. What needs to happen IS a sort of class warfare, but it should be everyone else vs a very, very small class that has amassed retarded amounts of money and power, along with their trusted servants (most of our political leaders would be those). For clarification, most of today's millionaires would not even fall into that category. What class warfare we DO have is usually this top group manipulating the poor into coming after the middle and upper class for THEIR money, and also race and gender strife, all designed to divert our attention from them. There's a reason this social justice insanity mysteriously blew up in the media after Occupy Wall Street. The movement itself was wrecked by these people appearing and being elevated within it. The focus shifted away from all the insane excesses and illegal shit Wall Street not only gets away with but reaps immense rewards from, and instead moved to the "progressive stack". The same big businesses that thrive in this system became some of the biggest supporters of this nonsense. They basically pulled COINTELPRO shit.
    I am king of context-free grammar.

The classes I had in mind were: victim v. victimizer. It’s a very useful abstraction for today’s Marxists.

I am king of context-free grammar.

The classes I had in mind were: victim v. victimizer. It’s a very useful abstraction for today’s Marxists.
    The thing is, today's marxists ARE the victimizers, or at least working for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    I disagree. I don't have anything against haughtiness. I do like Zeihan's way of taking information from different disciplines and areas of life and putting it all into a more cohesive picture. A theory of everything. Showing how it's connected. But I guess we'll see. I may have to come back and say you were right if he proves to be full of shit. That beer's on me, lol. I'm currently reading his "The End of the World is Just the Beginning" and I have to say I deeply enjoy his writing style. It's pure joy to listen to a man talk about a topic he's genuinely interested in. The personal enjoyment and interest comes across in how the material is presented.
    I am more than happy to be wrong. And I am up for a beer anytime. For me, intellectually, I can't fault him, the guy appears to really know his shit. It's a gut feeling I have, that's all. Maybe I have a chip against him because he played along with the Covid BS and vaccine propaganda and never called it out. Surely this guy knew what was happening.
    I did find this video of his very insightful, as it fits well with the theses of Brent Johnson
    ( https://twitter.com/SantiagoAuFund?t...zmpP0rxiA&s=09 )and his Dollar Milkshake Theory which appears to be holding up pretty well.
    Global Currency: The Dollar Ain't Going Nowhere - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
    And I am up for a beer anytime.
    Do you beer? If so, Poland is not that far away from me, let me know next time you get there.

starting strength coach development program
    Campbell is fully Red Pilled. Here he discusses the Midazolan + Opioid scandal.
    Deaths in the pandemic - YouTube

Kirsch is a powerhouse!
    I'm forming a Super PAC to Draft RFK Jr. to run for President