COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events - Page 259

starting strength gym
Page 259 of 480 FirstFirst ... 159209249257258259260261269309359 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,590 of 4800

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

  1. #2581
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Murphysboro, IL
    Posts
    29,752

    Default

    • texas starting strength seminar september 2020
    • wichita falls texas december seminar 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post
    Speaking of Illinois politicians, a congressman is investigating antibody manufacturers, such as Premier Biotech. He is concerned that false positives will "mislead" people into "false hope".

    The Premier Biotech test clearly has tremendous utility. Pessimistically assume a specificity of 0.99, COVID-19 prevalence of 0.05, and an IFR of 0.01. Consider an average ($30K/year) worker, who would rejoin the workforce just a month earlier, if they test positive. To (rationally) deprive them of the test, their life would need to be valued at over $24M. This doesn't seem congruous with existing legal and social norms.
    Such hand wringing. One might think you cared. Yet you seem oblivious to the untouchable underclass created by executive fiat called the non-essential worker. If you think the anger and bitterness among this group will go away any time soon, you are seriously deluded.

  2. #2582
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    563

    Default

    I’m curious as to how I’m supposed to get a loan for a decent house when my work is “non-essentiall”

  3. #2583
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    42,229

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post
    Your DRC makes COVID-19 seem worse than it actually is. It has caused discernible excess mortality (i.e. DRC is fairly high), but only because it’s very infectious.
    Yes, Hurling, he and SD have zero clues about what has happened here. They still think this is about how bad the disease is, and everybody else knows it's about how bad the government fucked this up and what that did to our society. Imagine going to a dinner party in East Germany in 1980: what went through your mind as you accepted the invitation, decided what to wear, left your house, walked in the door to your host's house, mingled with the guests, carefully decided how to respond to every interaction, carefully decided when to leave, went home, and wondered for the next 3 days if you were going to get a visit about an error you made. In 6 weeks, our country has turned into a light beer version of East Germany, and people will never feel the same way about things as they did in February. Never again. All calculations have changed because Shiva and his buddies are afraid someone might get sick and his hospital might be "overwhelmed."

    Or is that really what they're doing? Are they actually this dense, or is it more plausible that he and SD work for government at some level (Bruno was fired for incompetence, lazyass was too irritating to be believed so they moved him to HR), and that their job all along has been to fan the fear of the disease so that control of the population can be seized? Where else are they posting/working on this project? Their jobs are secure, but what are they paid?

    This is what I mean by the calculations changing within society. We don't know, so now we assume the worst here in New America.

    Quote Originally Posted by Soule View Post
    I’m curious as to how I’m supposed to get a loan for a decent house when my work is “non-essentiall”
    Don't worry, Soule, there will be a government program for that.

  4. #2584
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Lakeland, FL
    Posts
    2,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spacediver View Post
    I have no fucking clue.
    So basically you were not leaving the house much before the lockdowns and this is all just mental masturbation for you.

    Thanks for clearing that up.

  5. #2585
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    RS WY
    Posts
    855

    Default

    Well, aspiring to common ground is a fundamental virtue of good conversation. If you don't see it this way, or you'd rather not engage in conversation, then I understand.
    It’s at this point I dispense with the pleasantries and shed the thin veneer of civil discourse.

    Fuck off, you condescending know it all wannabe petty tyrant prick, who thinks that people are too uneducated and illogical to make decisions for themselves and must defer to those of superior intelligence and virtuosity, a ruling class of which you consider yourself a worthy member.

    Apologies for the outburst, I just felt like using my proletariat voice for a moment...

  6. #2586
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    They still think this is about how bad the disease is, and everybody else knows it's about how bad the government fucked this up and what that did to our society.
    It's become obvious that this was never about the virus. The narrative and the justification for lockdown are changing daily. This was a power grab from the very beginning, the logical step to take after the arms controlling the media failed to impeach Trump.

    30 million people have lost their jobs. 30 million. Almost 10% of the entire population of the US, and over 14% of the working age population. There will be no "quick restart". Tens of thousands are going to lose houses and spouses.

    The country has gone through two rent collection dates, and the governors of several states have extended house arrest until May 31. Gas is $1.59 in my area right now, but in a few months there's going to be a fuel shortage. There are meat shortages at all the grocery stores near me.

    Leaders have no realistic plans to handle any of this. Businesses are trying to reopen on their own and the police are fining them. People's savings are running dry. Society is about to get violent.

  7. #2587
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    1,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Yes, Hurling, he and SD have zero clues about what has happened here. They still think this is about how bad the disease is, and everybody else knows it's about how bad the government fucked this up and what that did to our society. Imagine going to a dinner party in East Germany in 1980: what went through your mind as you accepted the invitation, decided what to wear, left your house, walked in the door to your host's house, mingled with the guests, carefully decided how to respond to every interaction, carefully decided when to leave, went home, and wondered for the next 3 days if you were going to get a visit about an error you made. In 6 weeks, our country has turned into a light beer version of East Germany, and people will never feel the same way about things as they did in February. Never again. All calculations have changed because Shiva and his buddies are afraid someone might get sick and his hospital might be "overwhelmed."
    Rip, I understand that you're angry, and probably have good reason to be. But the "you're with or us or against us" shtick is childish and tiresome.

    I have not made assumptions about your beliefs here, and have instead chosen to query them, and apprehend you as an individual, not a caricature of some enemy I've conjured.

  8. #2588
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    563

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Yes, Hurling, he and SD have zero clues about what has happened here. They still think this is about how bad the disease is, and everybody else knows it's about how bad the government fucked this up and what that did to our society. Imagine going to a dinner party in East Germany in 1980: what went through your mind as you accepted the invitation, decided what to wear, left your house, walked in the door to your host's house, mingled with the guests, carefully decided how to respond to every interaction, carefully decided when to leave, went home, and wondered for the next 3 days if you were going to get a visit about an error you made. In 6 weeks, our country has turned into a light beer version of East Germany, and people will never feel the same way about things as they did in February. Never again. All calculations have changed because Shiva and his buddies are afraid someone might get sick and his hospital might be "overwhelmed."

    Or is that really what they're doing? Are they actually this dense, or is it more plausible that he and SD work for government at some level (Bruno was fired for incompetence, lazyass was too irritating to be believed so they moved him to HR), and that their job all along has been to fan the fear of the disease so that control of the population can be seized? Where else are they posting/working on this project? Their jobs are secure, but what are they paid?

    This is what I mean by the calculations changing within society. We don't know, so now we assume the worst here in New America.



    Don't worry, Soule, there will be a government program for that.
    I said “house” not “trailer”

  9. #2589
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    220

    Default

    I watch Jamie a bit and found this video of his interesting. Then I went a found the Lock Step document from 2010.

    LOCK STEP

    (PDF) Rockefeller Vakfı'nın Mayıs 2010 Raporu: "Scenarios for the Future of Technology and International Development" | Cengiz Ozakıncı - Academia.edu

  10. #2590
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    42,229

    Default

    starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by spacediver View Post
    Rip, I understand that you're angry, and probably have good reason to be. But the "you're with or us or against us" shtick is childish and tiresome.

    I have not made assumptions about your beliefs here, and have instead chosen to query them, and apprehend you as an individual, not a caricature of some enemy I've conjured.
    You have not had to make any assumptions about my beliefs, because I have carefully explained my position. If my schtick is childish and tiresome, try to imagine our opinion of yours.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •